Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Youth Leader

Munkakör megnevezése
Youth Leader202 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
202 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 532 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
We would prepare lesson plans that teach students through fun STEAM activities. I learned classroom management, lesson planning,and behavioral management. The hardest part of the job was finding activities that every student loves since they all have different interests. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with students everyday.
Pro érvek
working with students, teaching fun activities, motivating the students
Kontra érvek
no healthcare benefits, no paid time off
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve been with the Ymca as a youth developer leader for a year now. I will say after a year Working for this company you would think I would be offered a raise. Nope it never was even discussed. At the school I was at the site supervisor played favorites with the underaged youth assistants. And I was the underdog having to do their responsibilities when they should’ve been required to do theirs. No organization at all. My advice work someplace else where everyone works together as a team and doesn’t play favorites with coworkers. A job should be rewarding not backstabbing and stressful. I’m pleased that I’ve left my position. If your looking for a job that’s rewarding and not stressful this isn’t a company you want to work for.
Pro érvek
Working with and interaction with children
Poor management and staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA was a great work space. It was easy and enjoyable. You should like kids and feel confetti talking to parents before you co sider this job. I recommend for high school students, they are understanding of hours.
Summer Hours
Short breaks
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Apply at your own risk. This job will pay nothing and treat their employees at disposal. Hmmm how disposable are they during Covid? I would not recommend working for this company.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in Escondido, Ca. Loved the team and the environment. Had a great time and learned a ton. They valued my professional development and care about my work/life balance.
Great environment
no pto
Munkahelyi kultúra
if you get a good manager everything is good, fun employees and everyday is something new. Did enjoy the time and dont regret it at all :) miss it sometimes
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has taught me to be a great worker in todays society, being able to communicate with all families and people within my community.

The YMCA's core values are important to me, and I will continue to embrace these values and pass them along to others in any field or workplace.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Exciting job every single day! I love working with kids and inspiring them and influencing them to continue in their education to become someone successful
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I received recognition and praise, up until they got everything they wanted from me. I was used. It was like being in high school. I've never felt so disrespected, after they made me feel like I was doing a great job. I was betrayed. Not to mention I gave 200% all of the time, working part time, in a job that demanded 40, for minimum pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you love working with kids and people the same age as you, this is the place to be. The Y is extremely flexible when they work with your class and schedule. I worked in the Expanded Learning Programs, aka after school program and I loved it. The supervisors really pay attention to detail and make sure you are prepared with everything you need to succeed. They pay for all of your trainings and ensure that you are up to date on your CPR and other certifications. I began this job right out of high school and it allowed me to enjoy my summer while still gaining a steady income. There is always work to be done. When the kids were on summer or winter break, they offer you the opportunity to work summer or winter camps where its basically the same job I did except at a local YMCA brach that was a lot closer to me. The camps were never mandatory but it helped you maintain your income when the kids were on break. Overall great place to be, you will meet so many people and some of those people will become life long family.
Pro érvek
Paid trainings, advancements opportunity, flexible schedules
Munkahelyi kultúra
This was my very first real job and I loved every minute of it. I was truly sad I had to leave due to relocating to a new city. I loved my manager and when she left I knew it was time to try new things.
Pro érvek
Meeting new families and friends
split shifts
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day was set up for snack time, let the kids eat for a couple of minutes, then move homework club/play time for those who were not apart of this club, then split up into two groups. One was for physical activity while the other group did a learning activity.

I was constantly learning how to help the kids learn without actually doing everything for them. I had to find the right words to explain certain situations to them. This was also the hardest part of the job because the kid or kids did not always listen and it felt like I was just repeating the same cycle some times but never the less, I never gave up.

The most enjoyable part was getting to see my kids everyday and having them tell me that they missed me or made something for me. They were always showing me something new they got or something cool they built while I was away. Also, the big hugs I got from them everyday.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA has given me many opportunities to meet new people as well as to grow as a person. I am very happy with my decision to work for the YMCA
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Responsibilities consisted of after and before school care for elementary age schoolchildren. Included preparing snack preparation and curriculum planning.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Many great aspects of working here, free membership for yourself and your family. Hours are part time however they allow you to work for different departments to make more.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It has awesome workers that are really good with there job description. It is a really good environment for the kids to keep busy until parents arrive.
Awesome company
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had days where it’s very friendly mostly because I get to teach and bound with a lot of the kids with different activities that make them feel at home and happy to be in the program
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ymca is a good job to work at, the coworkers are great people. The company is a good company and they provided great services for the family's and workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. Everyone is different but has the same goal in mind. Managers were amazing and really empathetic toward everyone. Great environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy working with the kids, but needed more hours and needed to get paid more. Everyone there was very nice and there was on the job training. While I was there I became CPR certified and there was always up to date training classes for the employees.
Everyone was nice.
Not enough money.
Munkahelyi kultúra
An amazing experience to meet new people and to be involved with the schools in the area as well with the kids. They would treat the employees as more than just workers but friends.