Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Youth Director

Munkakör megnevezése
Youth Director122 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
122 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 620 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Absolutely loved this job. My team was supportive and positive. I was able to come in with new ideas and implement them. Once you get past youth director level though it is hard to move up.
Staff, Work life balance, Flexibility with planning programming
Pay, Hard to advance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workplace culture is pretty laid back, with a welcoming atmosphere. Co-workers usually get along and always tend to make time for fun. Management is okay, but tend to always have a "volun-tell" attitude and can sometimes lack understanding when it comes to diversity and creative freedom. Working with youth can sometimes be the BEST and WORST part of your day.
Pro érvek
Great coworkers, meaningful work, managers don't suck, free membership
Kontra érvek
low compensation, long hours, work on weekends, tend to pile work without additional compensation
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work is not appreciated here. The Chicago Metro YMCA is a very top heavy organization with little to no recognition given to the staff working on the front lines.

Management turnover is high and lacking in direction and does not support the Program Directors in any way.

Would give a zero rating.
Pro érvek
Working with wonderful kids and families.
Kontra érvek
Long hours, no direction, negative business managers and they do not hire from within.
Munkahelyi kultúra
family friendly, networking, community development,

I learned about how to manage people with different personalities, learned to navigate certain programs online
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love working at the YMCA, Great place to work great environment great benefits good people. Love working with the community and helping out families to further their goals and fitness and helping out the youth achieve their goals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the job but hated the long hours (sometimes 70 hour weeks) and budgetary restrictions. Wasn’t able to run an affective program due to lack of training, resources, and staff.
Feels like family.
You build relationships that last a lifetime.

Working with kids can be stressful but, the people there help you through it and, make it fun!
Munkahelyi kultúra
You must be a hard worker to succeed! You are often tasked with jobs to complete that are outside of your job description. The company is a non-profit that requires their staff to fundraise and ask members to donate. Good Luck!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working there was great. At that time upper management was outstanding. There were mentors that helped guide my career. Left only to pursue dream job in education.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place will drain all over your positive energy. Its ran by a bunch of excecs wotu no leadership experience. They are very accolade driven and lack the ability of leading and building a relationship amongst peers and employees. They dont lead by example they just talk about their past experience in precious positions.
Pro érvek
Meeting loving families and helping them.
Kontra érvek
Leadership doesnt know how to relate to the communities we serve
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do you hate yourself and enjoy crying to sleep at night? This could be the job for you!
Upper management lacks realistic expectations. The demands made of middle management and part time staff are generally outrageous. Loyalty and hard work mean nothing to them, not to mention how detached they are from staff, members, and real life in general.

On average, most managers work 45+ hours per week and are paid a 40 hour salary - they are expected to go above and beyond and never recognized for their efforts.

Part time staff are never permitted to work enough hours to support themselves, so upper management doesn't have to offer them benefits.

Staff at the Brooks location has steadily jumped ship since the facility opened in 2017; so much so even the members have noticed the steady decline.

The new Executive Director has only hired friends since taking the position, leading to further decline in guest services.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Under the new leadership the almighty dollar is the one and only goal. Now of course it is important, but the Y is now being run as a cooperation, yet screaming to be recognized as a charity and non-profit. Employees are the tool to accomplish the bottom line and expendable. They talk about being genuine and nurturing, but that is probably the biggest farce. They put quantity above the benefit of quality.
Munkahelyi kultúra
What I learned from working at the YMCA is having to be deal with a lot of patience with kids and giving the kids many different perspectives on how to approach a scenario.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At the end of the day, the mission behind the YMCA and its outreach community work is the best thing about it. Makes you grateful for the work you do everyday. That said, other companies that do some things like the y, that pay better. It's hard to not look outside the company.
Mission, outreach, coworkers
Work life balance, favoritism
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have no comment in regards to this company. The National YMCA as a whole is an AMAZING organization. But as for local branches........... My time there was well past due. I don't believe that I need to review a company that is no longer a part of my life.
Munkahelyi kultúra
From 2014-2016 NCF YMCA had an incredible management team led by a very competent CEO. Unfortunately, the Board undermined the management staff and nearly caused it to close down. I dont know anything about the new management team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great place for people who want to learn and develop their skills in an organization. The culture varies depending on the center, the location, and the executive director. The most enjoyable part of the job is the impact you are able to make in the lives of families all over Chicago.
Munkahelyi kultúra
After working at the YMCA part time I was offered a full time position that I was extremely qualified for and was excited to accept, however, the senior staff was not clear that not only would I be doing the job of my job description but I would be taking on other programs at which I was not trained at all. When I shared with them the workload and concerns they became quietly hostile and condescending. I will not work for the YMCA again.
discounted membership
Kontra érvek
unclear job duties outside of the job description
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depending on your branch, can be a fun workplace. You learn different cultures and people. Majority of the days were busy, specially at night. Dealing with parents were the hardest part of the job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, love my supervisor. Giving back to the community is very rewarding. Unfortunately the pay is below the cost of living in Skagit County.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA was overall a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed it, and made many friends there. I loved my position however could not stay due to low pay.