Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Youth Director

118 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 652 értékelés megtekintése
Overall okay
Loved the job but hated the long hours (sometimes 70 hour weeks) and budgetary restrictions. Wasn’t able to run an affective program due to lack of training, resources, and staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work and meet people
Feels like family.
You build relationships that last a lifetime.

Working with kids can be stressful but, the people there help you through it and, make it fun!
Great Place to Work
You must be a hard worker to succeed! You are often tasked with jobs to complete that are outside of your job description. The company is a non-profit that requires their staff to fundraise and ask members to donate. Good Luck!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company was great to work for.
Working there was great. At that time upper management was outstanding. There were mentors that helped guide my career. Left only to pursue dream job in education.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not worth losing your passion over
This place will drain all over your positive energy. Its ran by a bunch of excecs wotu no leadership experience. They are very accolade driven and lack the ability of leading and building a relationship amongst peers and employees. They dont lead by example they just talk about their past experience in precious positions.
Pro érvek
Meeting loving families and helping them.
Kontra érvek
Leadership doesnt know how to relate to the communities we serve
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Overworked, Underpaid, Devalued
Do you hate yourself and enjoy crying to sleep at night? This could be the job for you!
Upper management lacks realistic expectations. The demands made of middle management and part time staff are generally outrageous. Loyalty and hard work mean nothing to them, not to mention how detached they are from staff, members, and real life in general.

On average, most managers work 45+ hours per week and are paid a 40 hour salary - they are expected to go above and beyond and never recognized for their efforts.

Part time staff are never permitted to work enough hours to support themselves, so upper management doesn't have to offer them benefits.

Staff at the Brooks location has steadily jumped ship since the facility opened in 2017; so much so even the members have noticed the steady decline.

The new Executive Director has only hired friends since taking the position, leading to further decline in guest services.
Watch Your Back Environment
Under the new leadership the almighty dollar is the one and only goal. Now of course it is important, but the Y is now being run as a cooperation, yet screaming to be recognized as a charity and non-profit. Employees are the tool to accomplish the bottom line and expendable. They talk about being genuine and nurturing, but that is probably the biggest farce. They put quantity above the benefit of quality.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and a fun place to work
What I learned from working at the YMCA is having to be deal with a lot of patience with kids and giving the kids many different perspectives on how to approach a scenario.
Great place to network
At the end of the day, the mission behind the YMCA and its outreach community work is the best thing about it. Makes you grateful for the work you do everyday. That said, other companies that do some things like the y, that pay better. It's hard to not look outside the company.
Mission, outreach, coworkers
Work life balance, favoritism
No comment
I have no comment in regards to this company. The National YMCA as a whole is an AMAZING organization. But as for local branches........... My time there was well past due. I don't believe that I need to review a company that is no longer a part of my life.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Used to be a great place to work
From 2014-2016 NCF YMCA had an incredible management team led by a very competent CEO. Unfortunately, the Board undermined the management staff and nearly caused it to close down. I dont know anything about the new management team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Each day is different and its a mixture of working in a non-profit and for profit organization.
It is a great place for people who want to learn and develop their skills in an organization. The culture varies depending on the center, the location, and the executive director. The most enjoyable part of the job is the impact you are able to make in the lives of families all over Chicago.
disappointing
After working at the YMCA part time I was offered a full time position that I was extremely qualified for and was excited to accept, however, the senior staff was not clear that not only would I be doing the job of my job description but I would be taking on other programs at which I was not trained at all. When I shared with them the workload and concerns they became quietly hostile and condescending. I will not work for the YMCA again.
discounted membership
Kontra érvek
unclear job duties outside of the job description
Fun workplace
Depending on your branch, can be a fun workplace. You learn different cultures and people. Majority of the days were busy, specially at night. Dealing with parents were the hardest part of the job.
Great Job but low salary
Great place to work, love my supervisor. Giving back to the community is very rewarding. Unfortunately the pay is below the cost of living in Skagit County.
Family like atmosphere
The YMCA was overall a wonderful place to work. I enjoyed it, and made many friends there. I loved my position however could not stay due to low pay.
Fun and Light
The Ymca is a great place to work especially those interested in early childhood development. I learned a great deal about the community that I serviced fromm all the visitors in the building.
free membership
salary
1,0
Too Political
You'd think some of my colleagues were competing for six-figure salaries despite paychecks well below 50K. The culture at this organization favors the "good ol' boy" network and many advancement decisions are decided well before positions are posted.
Fun workplace, great realtionships
I worked as a sports coach for over 4 years at the YMCA and I loved it. I got to work with all different ages and I got to work most of the hours I wanted. It was also easy to find replacements when I needed.
Pro érvek
good relationships, nice co works
Kontra érvek
short breaks, no paid time off
I do not wish to answer
i do not wish to answer this question due to personal reasons, i do not
even think this question should be asked this is a very personal question. The YMCA has alot of locations and I think answering this question would prohibit me from working at those other location
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyable culture with a strong mission
Working for the Y, you will find your best friends and build lasting relationships with co-workers, members, and participants. It's been great seeing former campers turn into co-workers. This organization changes lives!
Pro érvek
Fun culture, flexibility of schedule, meaningful work
Pay
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés