Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Youth Development Professional

Munkakör megnevezése
Youth Development Professional23 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
23 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 629 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The goal of the program is develop the children character and to help them achieve success educationally and personally. The most important component of this job is supervision and helping the kids have fun.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA prides itself on creating a friendly atmosphere which has been a refreshing change. Unfortunately, they have not been as good with the details in their day-to-day organization.

Our location is having trouble adequately staffing our Y-Care sites causing a strain on the employees. This problem has not been addressed and only gotten worse as the year goes on and people find other opportunities. This is especially problematic since consistency is key when dealing with children.

It is Important to set clear boundaries from the beginning or you will soon find yourself overworked from favor after favor.

The Y-Care program is a great way for students to gain experience working with children, but the program is in desperate need of more long-term employees to balance out their young staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is the best place to begin your career with children. They are very flexible with your schedule. You learn a lot of things and gain much knowledge from others.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y was a kinship organization, like being back in middle or high school. Very clickish and unprofessional. The only ones who got promoted were the people who made close friends with management or were kissing their butts. A toxic place to work.
Working with kids
Everything else
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is very unorganized and lacks communication skills. There is little support from coordinators and directors when you really need it. They talk about personal matters more than professional matters, so everything is last minute. I mentally and physically took my work home with me everyday. Its not worth the pay, but its always great working with kids. They expect so much for what little materials and support they give.
kids are awesome
Kontra érvek
poor management, lack communication, no supplies, not professional
Munkahelyi kultúra
Collaborative staff and a workplace centered around community. I learned how to work as a team, how to think on my feet, and how to develop my interpersonal skills with other members of my community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working with kids, we had a lot of freedom when it came to planning activities but the pay was just difficult to work with on top of being a part-time job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall relaxed job, friendly staff, plus you get a free gym membership. Good way to connect with your community as well as gain communication and teamwork skills.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was a really fast pace job. Working with children was a great experience and helped me learn how to be a role model for youth. Hardest part of job was the staffing problems
jj
iii
Munkahelyi kultúra
Simple work environment with middle school children after school. Helps you learn how to communicate with people in different age groups. Easy to work with and nice management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great organization to work for and everyone is like family. The hours are great for a part-time job and they work well with your school schedule.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job pays you so little for what you are doing! It is an ideal job for a highschooler with no real bills to pay. If you are an adult there is no way this job will help pay anything.
free gym membership
little hours no more than 30/week and sucky pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy working with the students and staff in the YASES program. Everyday is different and you learn different things about the students and yourself.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I got the chance to be a positive influence on lots of young kid and help change their lives and escape there difficulties in their home lives. Really helped me gain responsibility and helped me with self reflection and learning that what I do has an impact on another. Also helped me with communication with other. I would definitely advise parents to get their kids involved in this program! Not the best pay but definitely will help you child learn to be a little less selfish.
Pro érvek
Dont work a ton/easy hours
Kontra érvek
Lack of pay and benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
The position has helped me to stay organized with my lesson plans, maintain frequent communications with fellow teachers and supervisor and, most importantly, learn about about my kids. It's my first time working with kids and it is a really great place to start if you plan on continuing to work with them! The hours are short so that's the only downside, other than that it's a wonderful program!
Pro érvek
Great kids, great staff, frequent staff meetings, safe and comfortable workspace
Short shifts
Munkahelyi kultúra
this was a fun place to work i met amazing people here it is a fast passed place to work but it was fun and the kids and family's were great.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Can use better structure implementation.
Very busy

Children and teen oriented

Good program options

A legacy company

Safe
Stable
Kontra érvek
More people should utilize the programs
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the YMCA of Elk River. My co-workers were excellent and more than willing to help out whenever needed. Working as a summer power staff for three years, it was the most rewarding and tiring experience of my life.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Focus on nurturing child development by providing a safe and healthy place to learn foundational skills, develop healthy, trusting relationships and build self-reliance by teaching values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Understanding the cognitive, physical and social development of children, the needs children have to feel connected and supported in trying new things, and the caring and reinforcement needed to help.

A typical day would've been playing with the kids for half of my two hour shift and then the other half would've been used for activities and crafts.
building strong relationships
no breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had an amazing time working here. Learned great leadership skills, and also how to work as part of a team. The hardest part of the job was leaving. I enjoyed interacting with the children the most.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They taught me a lot about leadership skills needed,they took us on camping retreats to develop strong bonds with one another,Also what it takes to be a leader and follow safety guidelines so know would get hurt
free lunch