YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Wellness Director

62 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 28 254 értékelés megtekintése
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Right mission statement, poor execution.
Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Buffalo, NY2019, december 17.
Loved the Christian based values but at times those were at odds with goals. The people were a driving force to continue high effort work, but our visions differed for the future and what social responsibility truly means.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful place to work. Terrible work life balance.
Health and Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, szeptember 14.
The professional staff level is extremely stressful and demanding for the amount of pay that you get. They ask you to take on more and more while planting the idea that it will help you advance. Most of the time the staff you work with are great and the members are usually great. You learn a lot of transferable skills because you have to do so many things (fundraising, events, etc) which require many weekends and evenings with no flex time. The way they calculate over time is to their advantage so that they actually pay you less than your hourly wage for OT hours. If you are liked ( you just agree with everything no matter how unethical it feels or how wrong it is) you advance. Also, if you are male you advance. All associations are different and the Y as a national organization is great. The Gateway Region YMCA? Not so much.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Work load, no work/life balance, low pay, working weekends and nights, under valued staff.
5,0
Great experience
Senior Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greenville, SC2019, augusztus 5.
I would definitely work for the YMCA again. I loved the team atmosphere, and the fun environment. I will look for YMCA opportunities for myself in the future.
5,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding employer with flexible schedule
Senior Wellness Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Alexandria, VA2019, július 29.
Working for the YMCA is very rewarding and allows you to have a hands-on approach to helping people in your community. As all non-profits go, you will not get paid a ton but you will have a flexible schedule and the opportunity to grow in many different ways. Work culture varies from location to location. The saying goes "if you have been to one Y, you have been to one Y." Basically meaning every YMCA is different and if you are considering working at a particular location, do your homework and know what you are walking into.

Great and rewarding job!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The mission speaks for itself
Director of Corporate Wellness (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Columbus, OH2019, július 18.
The YMCA is doing a great job integrating itself into the surrounding communities. They have partnered with corporations in order to supply benefits for partner employees.
Free Membership
work life balance
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
YMCA offered No Benefits and very Poor Salary
Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pottsville, PA2019, július 2.
Very little room for advancement, expectation of degree or specialized training for minimal pay and no benefits. Management would give little to no training then complain when employees where not prepared to handle issues that would frequently arise. I was expected to offer personal training services during all open hours and be available for work at all times
Munkahelyi kultúra
Growth opportunity and career advancement within a team environment
Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Marietta, OH2019, június 25.
Plenty of opportunities to stretch myself within a growing role to further assist the YMCA and their community mission. Created programs to meet needs of every age group in our community to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Great resume builder
Health and Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lincoln, RI2019, június 1.
Great place to start a career but not a good place to stay overall. Not a good work/life balance. I worked about 60 hours a week and got paid for 40!!
Benefit package is great
Kontra érvek
Not a great work/life balance
Cool
Health & Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Roxbury, MA2019, március 28.
The YMCA has a great tradition, and follows its mission to help people in all areas. Working with families and helping them through life is one of the reasons The YMCA is great to be apart of.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Follows core values, culture. Non-profit so not great pay.
Wellness Center Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rochester, NY2019, március 14.
The YMCA is a values/mission based organization that does great work in communities across the United States. That being said, due to the fact that it is a non-profit, there are downfalls relating to salaries as well as hours worked. Often times due to budget restrictions you are asked to work hours that are "unpaid" in the sense that you work over 40 hours/week and are not additionally compensated.
Pro érvek
Feeling of doing meaningful work
Pay, benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed working with the members and helping people in the community in need...
WELLNESS DIRECTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Portland, ME2019, március 2.
They have little money or resources so getting things done you need to beg borrow, steal and be very resourceful.
Members from all walks of life as it's a downtown Y, so everyone from Lawyers, bankers and realtors to the homeless, people with mental and physical disabilites and lots of people coming through recovery programs - very diverse membership but a lot of great people with no problems and people in need that are rewarding to help because they are also great in their own right.
I was laid off due to a "restructuring" of the leadership team and the elimination of my position during budget season for the following fiscal year. They needed to try and find 200 grand and felt laying off several middle management positions was the way to go.
So I got the chop I think because I had my department running pretty well so as they could cope without me! Not bitter though. They gave me a severance that was fair for the time I'd worked there, the world cup was about to start, my kids were finishing the school year, and it was summer and the sun was out!
Helping the local community
Kontra érvek
Senior leadership out of touch with what front line staff deal with on a daily
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pretty new but very busy and a lot of moving parts
Director health and wellness (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Jose, CA2019, január 31.
Great help and great family feel
Working with the community provides lots of opportunities to actually make an impact
Programming is a huge component
aha
Sr. Health & Wellness Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Miami, FL2019, január 20.
no review needed. if you want to experience the workplace at the YMCA first hand then I suggest to work there. You get a chance to help people on a daily basis
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with great people.
Assistant Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pittsburgh, PA2018, november 18.
The YMCA is a company that generally gives less experienced employees opportunities they might not be afforded elsewhere. The pay is typically slightly below average for the responsibilities of the employee, but they supplement it with great vacation and benefits package.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is a rewarding fun place to work. Operations is not the greatest and employees are underpaid.
Director of Fitness and Wellness (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Greenwich, CT2018, október 8.
The YMCA of Greenwich is an amazing place to work. It is a job that I look forward to going to every day. It can be stressful because it is a lot of work and employees are sometimes overwhelmed and underpaid for the amount of work they do. Work is rewarding and you get to work with a large diversity of people.
Fun. Energetic. Rewarding.
Pay. Operations.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1Nem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA was a fun place to work
Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hartwell, GA2018, augusztus 20.
The YMCA I worked for was a struggling business and went through a lot of changes while I was employed there. It was a difficult place to work for while having a young family. We didn't have health benefits or 401K.
Enjoyed the coworkers
Kontra érvek
benefits were few and far between
Munkahelyi kultúra
Summary
Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Moultrie, GA2018, július 16.
It was a good job. I just wanted to move on and get my masters degree. The YMCA was a great opportunity in which I believe I was going to be able to move up and advance.
Fun Environment
Adult & Youth Wellness Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Queensbury, NY2018, július 4.
Fun relaxed environment. A lot of hours and responsibility, without a lot of compensation - Typical Non-for Profit. Employee turnover is frequent, so culture changed regularly.
Good Place to Work
Wellness Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Albany, NY2018, március 27.
Typical days are long, but fulfilling. Coworkers are great, middle management is excellent. Upper management can make very quick decisions that can cause problems due to quick roll-out. Culture is fast-paced and intense, but is moving towards better work life balance. Best part of the job is the people. Hardest part is juggling multiple, sometimes contradictory, responsibilities.
Pro érvek
excellent benefits, good pay for middle management, fun coworkers, fulfilling work
Kontra érvek
long hours, stressful work culture, constant change in policy/procedure
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
YMCA of Delaware
MEMBERSHIP & WELLNESS PROGRAM DIRECTOR III (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rehoboth Beach, DE2018, március 16.
Working at YMCA of Delaware is very fast pasted and must be able to wear multiple hats. The pay is low, bu the job is rewarding. The benefits package is fabulous.
Pro érvek
discounts on programming, health care
too many hours
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van