YMCA
4,0 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Wellness Director

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
64 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 30 024 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love what the Y stands for when related to members. It should ve the same for employees. We work for minorities, we are inclusive and diverse. We work for healthy living!
Great community sense
Munkahelyi kultúra
Here they surely know how to draw blood from rocks. They don’t compensate you on the salary you deserve to receive while working a position, but allow you to work the position without the title or pay. As long as the branches are saving money by the end of the year they will have employees working management position without paying them. The excuse is always that it’s not in the budget. This keeps you from excelling in the organization or life working a director’s position at minimum wage. Not sure if the oppression was coming from the Association Office or the Executive Directors at the branch. There is minimum support from administration.
Benefits, Work Hours Flexibility
Long Work hours, Condescending, Oppressors
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you want to serve the community, and give-back while working with like-minded individuals. THE YMCA may be for you. Family-friendly, all ages. International company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the Christian based values but at times those were at odds with goals. The people were a driving force to continue high effort work, but our visions differed for the future and what social responsibility truly means.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They have a great team culture and atmosphere. This culture is exhibited and promoted by management and goes all the way to front line staff. The YMCA has many opportunities to grow and they like to invest in their staff.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The professional staff level is extremely stressful and demanding for the amount of pay that you get. They ask you to take on more and more while planting the idea that it will help you advance. Most of the time the staff you work with are great and the members are usually great. You learn a lot of transferable skills because you have to do so many things (fundraising, events, etc) which require many weekends and evenings with no flex time. The way they calculate over time is to their advantage so that they actually pay you less than your hourly wage for OT hours. If you are liked ( you just agree with everything no matter how unethical it feels or how wrong it is) you advance. Also, if you are male you advance. All associations are different and the Y as a national organization is great. The Gateway Region YMCA? Not so much.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Work load, no work/life balance, low pay, working weekends and nights, under valued staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would definitely work for the YMCA again. I loved the team atmosphere, and the fun environment. I will look for YMCA opportunities for myself in the future.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA is very rewarding and allows you to have a hands-on approach to helping people in your community. As all non-profits go, you will not get paid a ton but you will have a flexible schedule and the opportunity to grow in many different ways. Work culture varies from location to location. The saying goes "if you have been to one Y, you have been to one Y." Basically meaning every YMCA is different and if you are considering working at a particular location, do your homework and know what you are walking into. Great and rewarding job!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is doing a great job integrating itself into the surrounding communities. They have partnered with corporations in order to supply benefits for partner employees.
Free Membership
work life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very little room for advancement, expectation of degree or specialized training for minimal pay and no benefits. Management would give little to no training then complain when employees where not prepared to handle issues that would frequently arise. I was expected to offer personal training services during all open hours and be available for work at all times
Munkahelyi kultúra
Plenty of opportunities to stretch myself within a growing role to further assist the YMCA and their community mission. Created programs to meet needs of every age group in our community to promote a healthy lifestyle.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start a career but not a good place to stay overall. Not a good work/life balance. I worked about 60 hours a week and got paid for 40!!
Benefit package is great
Kontra érvek
Not a great work/life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has a great tradition, and follows its mission to help people in all areas. Working with families and helping them through life is one of the reasons The YMCA is great to be apart of.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a values/mission based organization that does great work in communities across the United States. That being said, due to the fact that it is a non-profit, there are downfalls relating to salaries as well as hours worked. Often times due to budget restrictions you are asked to work hours that are "unpaid" in the sense that you work over 40 hours/week and are not additionally compensated.
Pro érvek
Feeling of doing meaningful work
Pay, benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They have little money or resources so getting things done you need to beg borrow, steal and be very resourceful. Members from all walks of life as it's a downtown Y, so everyone from Lawyers, bankers and realtors to the homeless, people with mental and physical disabilites and lots of people coming through recovery programs - very diverse membership but a lot of great people with no problems and people in need that are rewarding to help because they are also great in their own right. I was laid off due to a "restructuring" of the leadership team and the elimination of my position during budget season for the following fiscal year. They needed to try and find 200 grand and felt laying off several middle management positions was the way to go. So I got the chop I think because I had my department running pretty well so as they could cope without me! Not bitter though. They gave me a severance that was fair for the time I'd worked there, the world cup was about to start, my kids were finishing the school year, and it was summer and the sun was out!
Helping the local community
Kontra érvek
Senior leadership out of touch with what front line staff deal with on a daily
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great help and great family feel Working with the community provides lots of opportunities to actually make an impact Programming is a huge component
Munkahelyi kultúra
no review needed. if you want to experience the workplace at the YMCA first hand then I suggest to work there. You get a chance to help people on a daily basis
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a company that generally gives less experienced employees opportunities they might not be afforded elsewhere. The pay is typically slightly below average for the responsibilities of the employee, but they supplement it with great vacation and benefits package.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of Greenwich is an amazing place to work. It is a job that I look forward to going to every day. It can be stressful because it is a lot of work and employees are sometimes overwhelmed and underpaid for the amount of work they do. Work is rewarding and you get to work with a large diversity of people.
Fun. Energetic. Rewarding.
Pay. Operations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA I worked for was a struggling business and went through a lot of changes while I was employed there. It was a difficult place to work for while having a young family. We didn't have health benefits or 401K.
Enjoyed the coworkers
Kontra érvek
benefits were few and far between
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good job. I just wanted to move on and get my masters degree. The YMCA was a great opportunity in which I believe I was going to be able to move up and advance.