Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Tutor

Munkakör megnevezése
Tutor217 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
217 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 380 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I only worked for the after school program, which was less than 20 hours per week. A typical work day was interacting with kids after school and helping with homework. Management was great. The hardest part of the job was uncooperative kids.
Free gym membership
Kontra érvek
Having to play outside in the heat
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked my coworkers and the environment. The children were lovely and easy to manage. unfortunately I. did not last long there due to covid but I do recommend this job.
hours, pay, management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA, I was the senior tutor who opened and closed my site. I made set weekly and daily schedules for my students and they had jobs they had to do to better teach them responsibility. I learned how to have patience and management skills. I learned how to deal with situations with overprotective parents and I learned how to understand all parties' point of views including the child. The hardest part of the job was learning every child's learning mechanism and being able to adjust to each student individually making sure everyone benefits from my teachings. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing the kids not be frustrated and actually understand the material. Seeing that I made a difference in a child's life was definitely the most enjoyable part. Aside from the field trips.
Free field trips, benefits
overall disorganized
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a great job. Being a supply allows for flexible hours. It is easy to go from place to place and choose different schools. It is nice to see different schools and places.
Location, flexibility
Short Hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked with an after school activity group for girls, and it was always fun and friendly! This job was a student job so it was not a job to take if you were looking to make enough money to live off of. They supplied training and the management was amazing, always friendly and understanding.
Fun
not enough $$
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace but the pay could be better. I worked at an elementary school in the after school care and absolutely loved it. I was working there while I was studying to be a teacher. The supervisors were amazing to work with and so was management.
Pro érvek
Free membership, management was great, and short shifts.
Pay was low
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ever since I started working for YMCA and started being a leader at Kapolei Elementary School, I automatically felt as if I belonged there. The co-workers make me enjoy coming into work everyday. I learn something new everyday and it’s just a great working environment to be in in general.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Things need to be better for such a huge company. The staff are not put first. The benefits are good the pay could be more as well as the vacation days. Holiday bonuses would be nice
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a great place to work at, especially if you are just starting to work. Helping and working with the kids is a challenge but it is also fun! You feel as a role model for the kids in the program
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
They do not give sufficient expectation of what to expect in the after-school program. I felt I walked in to total chaos. The kids showed no respect to the counselors. Some parents would not acknowledge the behavior when their child was written up for an incident.
Short distance from home.Dr
Kontra érvek
Pay is extremely low for what is expected.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked with young people. I say that I am over 60 yr. old and out of place. Have no common interest but my co workers did talk to me too much or start a conversation. Just give orders. Some times they take on the responsibility and I just sit there until I go home. You need to be college bound or younger to work there.
People are nice
Kids are great

Work with variety of kids (age groups)

Kids attitudes and actions show when things are wrong at home or other places and just opens your eyes to things that children really go through
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at the YMCA there are so many opportunities to receive more hours, so many new people to meet and I felt energized at work every day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyed every minute. The students and the instructor were amazingly great. I worked there as an intern during grad school. It can be a fun place for you
Munkahelyi kultúra
overall the kids are amazing and it is super fun working there i super enjoy the hours and how fun everything is, but they do not pay well for what they expect.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I previously worked at Leaning Tower in Niles. At the time when I was working there it was great for the first four months. As time went staff were beginning to leave due to mismanagement of workplace. Since they were short staff I was forced to work 25-35 hours a week., this went on for 3.5 years. When they would hire new staff my hours were not reduced as I had requested numerous times since I was a full-time student in college. They had many requirements and high expectations for staff yet the pay was at minimum wage. They were not good about giving staff raises. The Y itself was no up to par with keeping the facility clean. As a result of this they had issues with roaches and other bugs in the building. Were told that as a requirement we had to clean the drop off center since the custodians would not clean it. I did not mind putting more work into my drop but felt that since I had to do more they should give a raise for this. My employer was unprofessional and had a tendency to degrade staff by doing they exact opposite of what staff would ask for. An example would be is someone wanted to work more hours, then their hours would get cut and vice versa. Its unfortunate that this branch does not take provide or care into this facility and their staff. While it was nice to interact with families and the rest of the community I felt driven out of Leaning Tower. I really do hope that in the near future they turn things around and treat their hard working staff the respect and dignity they deserve.
free membership
Kontra érvek
short breaks, mismanagement, mistreatment of staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
The workplace culture was fun and welcoming. Never had any problems with management. They made it easy to work every day. A typical day at work was always an adventure because the kids had different personalities. I learned a lot on how to work with various age groups.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Different scene everyday in a good way since the kids make it enjoyable everyday, learned a lot and gained new friends from coworkers which was good. Easy with communication if you need some clarification on information.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My overall experience in the Y was great the kids always made it fun for me as well as me for them. We both got to learn a lot from each other.
If I had a child I would take them to the Y.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a lot of fun 'working with small children. It was exciting to see their learning skills develop. There was never a bad day and the kids are full of energy that its contagious. You will definitely leave with a smile on your face at the end of the day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working here and love the people. The connections that you build are amazing and will also a life time. However, the lack of pay is hard to manage.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés