Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Teacher

Munkakör megnevezése
Teacher328 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
328 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 636 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Parents and kids are awesome, as well as the staff. Pre-school and afternoon teachers were all great people to work with.
Management is nice, but often uncoordinated. Work hours varied wildly. On full days (school holidays or closings) staff is expected to work up to 11 hours without any time for a lunch break, which is required by law. Thankfully only happens about 7 times during the school year.
Pro érvek
Awesome co-workers, parents, and children
Kontra érvek
Lack of communication between staff and management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Human Resources is awful. They are unorganized and do not care about their employees. They do not allow the teachers to make any decisions for their classrooms. They allowed an employee who was showing covid-19 symptoms remain at work. That employee ended up being positive for covid-19. Exposing every classroom. They do not like input grom employees. They do not have a pay scale and pay based on demand. Insurance is very expensive. Employee moral is extremely low. Gossip is at an all time high. They are very unacceptinng of new people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
great place to work. love the work culture! great maternity program if you work the amount of hrs required to get paid. other than that, pay is stagnant unless min wage goes up. hard to climb the ladder. pay is min, not enough to survive on. job does get stressful when low on personel
Pro érvek
paid lunch, great Summer time field trips
Kontra érvek
no breaks, no raise, no health benefits for part timers, inflexible work schedule.
Munkahelyi kultúra
this job is very flexible. they are understanding and accommodating to your schedule. They'll let you come in earlier to leave later; resources available at work as well, laptop provided and printer access;

cons: management doesn't really engage the employees or ask them for the input; they decisions from what they think, but they aren't working with the clients.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
In the time that I worked for this organization I learned a lot, I met many people from different places and cultures. I enjoyed my time at the Y. My supervisor was the best.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Families and children are great. It is management and staff that are not. We went through so many directors while i was their. Noone listened or had anything organized. Staff badmouthed eachother. While i worked their i was bullied by staff and management. Worked 10 hour days some weeks and only payed for 8. I was yelled at for calling in to take care of my sick child. When things went wrong i tried to talk to management for a solution and nothing was ever done. If you want to be stressed beyond belief go work for them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have to judge for yourself I worked at two different ones, if the quality of management is poor so is everything else. They need to follow state licensing rules and guidelines. Treat teachers better.
Pro érvek
Not much from the two I worked at
A lot
Munkahelyi kultúra
It can be a fun place if you work part time and don’t actually need the work. If you work full time this job is too much. If you need to work full time but they don’t wish to pay your benefits they will keep you under the hours mark, just barely. They have no regard for your work/life balance, they don’t compensate you fairly, there is no support from management. Especially the higher up you go in management the less helpful they are. They do not train properly for any position. They have an exceptionally high turnover with directors and staff.
Kontra érvek
High turnover, lots of drama, no support, very low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working here was very annoying sometimes. Schedule changes and lack of communication from management pay needed to be increased. Children were delightful
Pro érvek
children, community support, good amount of supplies for classroom
Munkahelyi kultúra
Piedmont YMCA Early learning center in Charlottesville Virginia .Is a very unprofessional Place to be employed they do not follow guidelines of license . It is a very unsafe place to leave your children . They are very good in trying to cover up all the violations that they have. And when a work call them on it in any way they a fired or discipline. Not a safe place to work at all. Portrays himself as a quality date thank you
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA has rules that change everyday, also depending on who they apply to as well. Managers are rude, do not care about you personally. And the worst part, your co workers. Everyone is always talking behind someone else’s back or complaining on one another. It’s probably the worst place I have ever worked at
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company has great benefits. The full time benefits are almost unbeatable. There is an amazing 401K plan, good insurance options, and a family pass to the Y. There are also childcare benefits to those who need it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is really a great place to work the only thing that I would recommend improving would be their pay they only start most people out at minimum wage to about $8.20 an hour which is definitely not enough to live off of whatsoever.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The coworkers were catty, the pay was terrible, and management did nothing for the safety of well being of the children. Certain staff used facilities for the benefit of their children (those attending and not attending the program). Some individuals had overtime built into their pay schedule others were chastised (even though their is no way to collect over time without being asked to pick up additional hours By management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a great place to work for. I wish I would have stayed! I'm hoping to go back as soon as there is an opening. The children definitely made me feel like I was making a difference
Pay want too great.
Some of the Site Directors were lazy and unorganized.

[So on and so fourth

I do not hanged anything else to say.

Do not understand why I have to in put 150 characters.]
Munkahelyi kultúra
She thinks that you can handle more then what you can. If you ask for help she will not help you. All she cares about is the money that the daycare brings in not her staff or the children at the daycare center.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the YMCA was my first job, and they were always very supportive of me, whether it was needing time off due to family emergencies/illness/holiday, or in terms of my training (they always took the time with me to explain anything I was unsure of).
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job with hours, flexibility and locations. Other staff members are great and communication with parents is on point. Easy job to do and getting to plan educational activities to teach is always a new adventure to do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you advance there your pay doesn’t really go up like it should and some directors are rude but I’m general it’s nice I guess. It’s only part time and you get minimum
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience is so good, I am working since 3 years as a group leader, I never had a problem yet the pay rate is the same for the three years, it never exceeds the 12/ hour