Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

Munkakör megnevezése
Swim Instructor1 380 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 380 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 534 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved playing with the kids for 8 hours a day. The hardest part of the job was when they didn't listen to you, and you were burnt out by the end of the week. The most rewarding thing about working with kids though is that they idolize and admire you. I was always called their favorite counselor, which made my day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here from 16-18 years old . I had a great experience lifeguarding and becoming a swim coach. It was a rewarding experience that taught me time management and how to be around others.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA I was at may have been the worse one but it wasn't great. They were very unorganized and dirty, there were many scandals with employees dnd with clients. That being said there is allot of fun to be had and things to learn. these are community no for profits get ready to have a work family, as dysfunctional as it may be. I just feel as though a YMCA should not have the same issues as a budding small business but it does
Pro érvek
Fun job, great role models
Unprofessional management, discrimination
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good hours, descent pay, and nice staff. Working in the summer as a lifegaurd is also a bonus because you can work waterpark and get tan. The hours are also very flexible.
Inservice Parties
N/A
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love the co workers and how nice and helpful everyone is and how clean they keep the facility and great exercise classes there is to take at the gym.
Munkahelyi kultúra
a typical day at work would include watching more than 100 people in our pools at any given time giving swim tests to kids in a fast manner making sure none of our activities for the pool are disturbed. Making sure all of my guards are focused on the pool and ready for work. Running chemical tests to insure quality of water and chlorine. and lastly running drills on lifegaurds simulating an emergency in facility or pool with observation drills, dolls.
free membership
Kontra érvek
short breaks can be very stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
Did this on a volunteer basis for 3 years while in middle school and into high school. It was fun dealing with the children and wasn’t that bad when I first started but it had quickly started getting worse. I had gotten along with my boss but I did not get along with most of the supervisors. There was a lot of drama, and favouritism among workers who tended to slack off a lot, which I found very unprofessional. I was left out of the loop for most things and got failed for no reason during one of the certification courses. It seemed like bullying at its finest. I was unhappy there for a very long time until I left.
Dealing with children
Kontra érvek
Poor management, co workers, drama, bullying
Munkahelyi kultúra
great starter job, would recommend to those good with kids. hours tend to be semi short and at odd times as the lessons are scheduled for the connivence of the swimmers/ participants
Munkahelyi kultúra
The shifts are flexible so you can work 2 hours or 8. There is a lot of flexibility in departments so you can move around from aquatics to childcare and etc if you want the hours.
great people
minimum wage
Munkahelyi kultúra
The swim instructor position is very fun and outgoing and you will defenitly get hours working there about 20 hours a week i would say. Time goes by fast working there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day at the pool depends if I am managing the pool or not. If I
am managing the pool that day I come in an hour early to open everything up and answer patrons phone calls about making reservation or if they have an questions about the reservation system. Once all the other lifeguards and front desk workers get there I then go to the back to take chemicals and make sure the guards are okay throughout the day. If I am not managing my duties throughout the work day are guarding, taking chemicals if our manager is busy with something, and cleaning on breaks.
Pro érvek
Being outside and working with others.
Pay rate.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Requires lots of certification for pool area jobs and the pay/hours barely make up for the cost of those certificates. Poor management, and for my first couple months of work I was never paid.
Pro érvek
nice staff, good outdoor time
Kontra érvek
mean and aggressive patrons, unclean pool, poor management, poorly tracked pay, low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working here as a lifeguard best 5 years of my life super supportive coworkers and managers. Well organized and easy to adapt your schedule to your personal life
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Be aware of certain higher ups that will try to make you look bad. I personally didn’t agree with the latest aquatic director and her new rules. I wouldn’t want to work under such leadership.
Members and fun classes
Kontra érvek
Little to no benefits and no flexibility
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job itself was fine, it was the people you worked with, half the time it was people throwing others under the bus in hopes to advance. If you were not buddies with the aquatics manager then she would not be willing to help you out with your schedule or give you a raise.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's an easy and relaxed place but theres not much job advancement and not the best of pay the aquatics director is amazing. the hardest part is dealing with some of the members. The most enjoyable is usually relaxed days and keeping people safe..
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a good time working there. I left because I needed something that was more stable with benefits. When I did work there everything was good. I was excited to go to work everyday.
Good environment and management
Work schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
I liked it in the beginning but it started to way on me and peaple there were just immature abt things the managers were not peaple to talk to and treated us unfairly.
free membership
boring bad management
Munkahelyi kultúra
You don’t make that much money here if you are working as part time because they cap your hours off at 20 a week. Other than that it is a fun place to work and everyone feels like family.
Good Coworkers, Free Membership
Little hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working and helping co-workers, and my old boss was extremely flexible with my work schedule. Most of the other co-workers that I hung out with and talked with were in high school around my age.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I will say this once my only struggle with this job was that there were a few huge trainings that I couldn't complete because I was working two jobs and a full time student. I loved the people and the environment!
Amazing environment
Kontra érvek
Large Trainings with not enough time to do them