YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

873 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 21 217 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed this job very much. I got to work with the special needs kids.
Swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gig Harbor, WA2018, június 21.
I love new people and new things. I enjoy working and am open to new things. The YMCA was the perfect first job. They pay wasnt too bad for a part time job and the environment was comfortable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good culture, but horrible pay and occasionally management
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Oklahoma City, OK2018, június 18.
It's good if you plan to move along the chain of command. Management is poor and can seem unfair and they hire anyone willing to work there. You end up working with more than a few awful co-workers.
culture, the poeple
pay and mangement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pretty good job while in college
LIFEGUARD- SWIM INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wallingford, CT2018, június 13.
I enjoyed working there as a lifeguard and swim instructor but lifeguarding was terrible because it was always so hot and you would catch yourself and other lifeguards sleeping because it was so boring and the heat was overwhelming. Swim instructing is really fun and I loved being with the kids but overall it is a great community and the people who swim are super nice!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Aquatics manager was unable to work with staff
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Pensacola, FL2018, június 13.
Worst place I ever worked due to poor management staff. No ability to get schedule ahead of time of find subs since so short handed because everyone was quitting
Aquatics
Lifeguard II and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2018, június 13.
Horribly run programs. Unprofessional and unhappy employees. I worked here to get a paycheck and that was it. Happy to have left. Made good friends but very high turnover rate.
Hillsborough YMCA
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hillsborough, NJ2018, június 11.
The Hillsborough YMCA is a great place to work as a lifeguard for high school and college students. The pay is not extremely high but they treat everyone with respect.
Unpleasent
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Bay, ON2018, június 6.
Although it seems like a great job it had its many downsides. Upper management never listened to the complaints and concerns of their employees and the pay was minimum even though it required a lot more costly certifications than other part time jobs. the hours were pretty good but it was next to impossible to get coverage for your shift no matter the circumstance.
Good hours
Kontra érvek
Not very comfortable work conditions
Swim instructor
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlestown, MA2018, június 6.
The YMCA of Greater Boston was a great place to work. It had a small community feel and paid well for the cost of living in the area. The hours were always 4 or more per shift making it worth going to work.
Good Starting Point
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Malden, MA 021482018, június 6.
As a student still in high school, the YMCA is not a bad place to start working. There are things you have to learn along the way, such as how to get along with co-workers, management and being held responsible to the job assigned.
(Though the pay for a lifeguard is minimum wage)

- Typical day at work isn't to stressful as lifeguard
- I learned how to pay careful attention when on shift, insuring safety for everyone
- Management is laid back as long as you do your job properly and should trouble you too much
- Hardest part of the job would probably be the certifications you have to acquire beforehand the job. Such as Lifeguard/CPR/AED/First Aid
- Most enjoyable part of the day is also the most stressful. When you successfully prevent or save someone... the feeling is none other
Fun and easy going
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Putnam Valley, NY2018, június 6.
As a lifeguard, swim instructor, and counselor over the years I've had great experiences all around. They want their staff to enjoy what they're doing to help make them more passionate for their day-to-day task.
Repetitive and communication based
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Abingdon, MD2018, június 5.
Working as a swim instructor at the YMCA is a good job for those who have experience in swimming and who are looking for a temporary job for the summer or throughout the school year. The YMCA has a good salary for the skills required and consists of good people and employees.
A Learning Place
Lifeguard/ Swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fircrest, WA2018, június 4.
The YMCA was where I first learned to become a life guard and a swim instructor. It was not as hard as it I thought it would be due to my co workers helping when I had a question, as well as giving me advice when they could tell I needed it.
Fun Job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Child Watch (Volt alkalmazott) –  Omaha, NE2018, június 4.
I really enjoyed my time working at the Y. Management was lax, working with kids and adults was rewarding and fulfilling. Working 'Parents Night Out' felt more like play than working. As an employee I received a free membership which was nice. Management switched faces a number of times.
Pro érvek
Free membership, lax work environment.
Kontra érvek
Inconsistent management, low pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful situations with lack of coordination
LIFEGUARD/SWIM INSTRUCTOR/ON-DECK SUPERVISOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Indiana2018, június 3.
I worked as a lifeguard for several years and only once got a raise that was $0.18 after the third summer. New guards who were 16 years old and had absolutely no experience were hired in at a higher pay grade which was infuriating. Not only did the new guards have no experience, they treated the job as if it was unimportant and didn't matter. There was very little accountability and I once worked a shift where a lifeguard literally fell asleep in chair only to be sent home without punishment. I worked open shifts a lot, but it is really chilly at 5am guarding the outdoor pool so we used to be able to wear leggings and a sweatshirt to guard in. However, someone (who doesn't experience the job) decided that was bad and stopped allowing it, only to then tell us we could wear the Y sweatshirt if we purchased it. Except I didn't make enough to justify buying the darn sweatshirt to wear for 2.5 hours a day maximum, three days a week. Apparently my safety was less important than the patrons, despite the fact that if I was so cold I got sick I wouldn't be able to properly perform a save. Overall it was very disorganized and incredibly frustrating to work there.
it was relaxed
swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Caldwell, ID2018, június 2.
the hours were short sometimes not even complete hours were worked. the environment was okay. not the best. It would take a very long time to be contacted.
Very interactive job
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2018, május 30.
Daily duties required me to interact with guest everyday and many coworkers. Some requirements before working were CPR, O2, AED, and First Aid training.
Frequent breaks
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with children of all ages and adults aswell
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Boston, MA2018, május 30.
Working with children and young adult teaching water safety skills and swim endurance. Making relationships with different staff members and healthy relationships with parents and children in a positive environment.
Working with children
Short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lebanon, PA2018, május 30.
It’s a great place to work as a lifeguard. All the patrons that come to the pool are friendly and make it a fun place to work. You get a good amount of hours per week that you request.
Discounts
YMCA Employee
Swimming Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Junction City, KS2018, május 30.
the YMCA is exactly what you decide the make it. I will say I have never worked with or seen a sad employee and the YMCA ever. also there are so many options when working for the YMCA
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great place to build an early resume or get supplemental income
Swimming Instructor/Private Swimming Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brighton, MA2018, május 29.
I worked in many positions in various aquatics departments at many YMCAs at different times in my life. It's a great place to work if you are young and want professional opportunities.
Pro érvek
Challenging, high responsibility, engaging, rewarding
Stressful
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van