YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

1 114 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 24 925 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
productive and fun workplace with fun competition
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Florence, SC2019, május 23.
I really enjoyed working here. I was very close with the other employees and the supervisors. When we had an issue occur with a patron or even another co-worker, we were all able to work together to solve it. Every once in a while, we would even have staff competitions to test not only our endurance, but our teamwork skills as well. The hardest part of working in the aquatic department was probably just dealing with difficult kids or parents, but the management always did a very good job at solving the issue.
payment towards staff
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Belvidere, IL2019, május 23.
overall i do like the Belvidere YMCA over the Rockford locations.

I think though the payrate should be a bit more than 8.25/hr I have come from normally getting paid $10-12/hr. My opinon, on average someone can live off of $12-$15/hr job (like if theyre renting) Everyone's lives are different but lifeguarding job on average should be at least $10-$12
Pro érvek
people overall and facility is clean
pay rate
Great comfortable work environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Nashville, TN2019, május 22.
Smooth transition beginning employment great communication & willing to pay for training as well as company uniforms nothing but great things to say about the YMCA
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not too harsh but not the Best pool to work at.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bethel Park, PA2019, május 22.
A typical day at work is pretty easy. Managers can be really rude for no reason sometimes and pick favorites which will affect how good your shift is. I learned what it was like to be used by management for being willing to work. Managers are fair but really do let their mood affect the environment and they are negative about their jobs. The people I worked with were nice with the exception of one person I am glad I will never see again and so is everyone else who is quitting. The hardest part of the job is getting through the middle part of your shift. It seems to drag so bad. The most enjoyable part, however, was being able to enjoy working with a good group of people.
Paid Breaks, Easy staff
Terribly Run, Cheap
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun work place
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Buda, TX2019, május 22.
I really enjoy working at ymca and must of all help my community I’m able to interact more with clients and help them in there needs I also get to help a lot of our Spanish spelling only members and I’m very bless and happy to be able to do that for them.
Love working with members
I don’t have benefits
Pleasant Place to Work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Meadville, PA2019, május 21.
I enjoy my current job at the Y and I like the managers and coworkers. I’ve made some great friends while working there. I’ve enjoyed getting to know the students and their parents. It’s nice to see students moving up in their swim level and know that you influenced that learning. Sometimes there is confusion with the scheduling and we have to scramble to find help to cover lessons and other shifts.
Friendly environment
Not many hours
Endearing and Inspirational
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Silverdale, WA2019, május 21.
Working for the YMCA sparked an inspiration to be a part of something bigger than myself. The YMCA provides immense opportunity for growth for its employees.
1,0
Worst place to work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Edmonton, AB2019, május 21.
Honestly one of the worst places I've ever worked, management is rude and play the blame game, staff never stop gossiping half the time the management join in. I've never hated working somewhere with every fiber of my being then I do working here.
Summary of Ymca
Ymca Full Circle Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brentwood, TN2019, május 20.
I believe they do not pay enough; however, I do believe that most of the people there are really sweet and helpful. I think it takes a long time to get the job though. I do recommend this job.
Good company
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sheridan, WY2019, május 20.
New manager made me leave state but wound up back at Y up north. Generally quality managed w/ ethical standards a priority. I enjoy working with youth and quality people.
Pro érvek
Generally ethically focused workplace.
Kontra érvek
mediocre pay, management can be hit or miss.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I definitely learned a lot.
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2019, május 19.
In my 3+ years experience, I learned a lot.
Most of what I learned was through hands-on experience.
The direct management was incredible but unfortunately there was a lack of resources that caused a downfall of many full-time staff members.
The workplace culture is very vibrant and exciting and makes one excited to come into work!
The hardest part of the job is keeping up with the rules/regulations as there are many certifications and training that one must go through to become hired and to keep employment.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the members and the other co-workers. Although there is sometimes work drama (the majority of the staff is very young) the overall atmosphere is amazing.
I highly recommend it as a first-time job.
amazing atmosphere
Kontra érvek
either you are overworked or underworked
Fun environment
Shift Lead/ Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO 809102019, május 17.
Cool place. Coworkers were fun and tolerable. Training sessions every weekwas great and taught everybody what the right thing to do in a situation. Hours were great too.
Hours, staff
shot breaks
Family Friendly Environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Wayne, IN2019, május 16.
A typical day is about 3-4 hours. I have learned to be more open-minded to the people around me. The workers here are very friendly and outgoing. I enjoy seeing new faces.
Flexible hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast-paced and fun workplace with kids of all ages
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Elk River, MN2019, május 16.
If you're a high schooler, you come into work around 4pm to complete certificates for the children in swim. At 5, you work with the kids' classes, and for three hours you coach classes until your worktime is over. You hand the certificates out to parents and talk to each of them about their own individual children. Then you clock out, shower, and leave if you aren't shifted to be a lifeguard.

For the most part, hours are pretty flexible around your schedule--you get to choose the days you work.

I've learned time management, responsibility, and patience with this job. The hardest part of working here is that sometimes, the kids in lessons--or even their parents--refuse to listen to you or your advice. It's frustrating, but working through it is rewarding. The best part about working here is when the kids have breakthroughs in their efforts, and they visibly begin to improve and succeed.

Management is stressed. There are only two upper-tier managers, and they're constantly reshuffling schedules, even when the schedules supposed to be past finalization. I've had issues with that in the past.

Workplace culture can be toxic. I've made one close friend from working here, but for the most part there's a lot of drama--much more than one would usually expect. Gossip can be vicious here. Overall, though, if you don't get involved in it, the Y is a good place to work and make friends.
Excellent pay, rewarding work
Chaotic management, guardroom gossip
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyable work environment but stressful
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hightstown, NJ2019, május 16.
Working YMCA every weekday and weekend was hard to balance at time being a high school student and then college student. I did learn how to become a leader and taking charge in situation at times. The workplace environment was the overall stressful factor about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job is the teaching the students how to swim.
Staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Coach (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Duluth, MN2019, május 14.
I have really enjoyed my experience so far at the YMCA. Great people and great atmosphere. Everyone pushes each other to succeed and be healthy. I feel very welcomed and accepted.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Stressful and hectic. Lots of last minute direction
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Saint Paul, MN2019, május 14.
Hardest part is adressing members that are breaking rules and have a bad attitude responding to direction from team member

Managemnet is not ideal

Work with many different members that come from many different cultures and backgrounds
PTO, Health Benefits
Kontra érvek
Hours, over use of employees
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun workplace with a professional seriousness
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Fort Wayne, IN2019, május 13.
The YMCA is a great place to work and it allows a growth in community awareness and allows personal bonds to flow between employees and members. The job is often relaxing with intense moments. The YMCA makes sure to accommodate for everyone’s crazy lives. The job website called sling allows for your shifts to be 100% your choice and when and what time you can work is all up to you.
Great fun place to work
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Shelby, NC2019, május 13.
Great environment great people overall a very fun job everyone there treats you like family and always makes each person feel like they belong and are happy to have you
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
bad management, good coworkers since we suffer together
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Thousand Oaks, CA2019, május 11.
The management did not care about their relationship with staff. They also did not protect us from members who were rude to us. Since its a nonprofit there is no room for advancement or raises. I only liked the friends that I made there
good coworkers
Kontra érvek
bad management, rude members, lack of advancement, no raises unless required by the law
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van