Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

1 327 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 701 értékelés megtekintése
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great kids, fun to play with them
I loved playing with the kids for 8 hours a day. The hardest part of the job was when they didn't listen to you, and you were burnt out by the end of the week. The most rewarding thing about working with kids though is that they idolize and admire you. I was always called their favorite counselor, which made my day.
Alternate Career Serving Others
Work culture at the Ridgewood YMCA is congenial, non-threatening and kind. I am a person with a strong work ethic who so enjoyed my job. The many facets of this position allowed me to see all aspects of the good the Y does for others. I forgot to mention that I also researched, planned and carried out all the camp trips for the Y.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Interesting and challenging place to work
I enjoyed working here. The management and staff are generally kind and welcoming to new employees. Guarding there is simple and their safety protocols result in very few incidents.
Frequent breaks
A lot of walking
productive
friendly coworkers and fair pay, great patrons that are friendly and interesting to talk to. Well managed team and wonderful children to teach!Would recommend for a first time life guarding job.
A Place to Grow
When I Started At the YMCA I Was Sixteen and in Full time Film School. The YMCA allowed me the flexibility to work for them and attend school with out having to compromise one for the other. The mind set of the mangers is how can we help our employees succeed in there Dreams and Job.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hardest part of my job
Working at the YMCA is awesome. The hardest part of the job is there is not much support for career advancement. Everything else is great. Your coworkers, members, board members, direct management such great people and everyday you feel you've made a difference. However there is not much connection between corporate and the individual branch. No career advancement past part time employment without a degree even if you have worked there for many years, have the best sale records and have worked in every single part time position. I would work there again if I needed a part time job but, if you are looking for career advancement through experience and non-conform educational experience (i.e. lots of classes and certificates but no degree) then this is not the place for you.
Pro érvek
great atmosphere, purpose, great coworkers, awesome members
Kontra érvek
No career advancement through expereince, no benefits
Slow but easy job
Lifeguarding was fun but it is a long slow job. duties include watching the pool, keeping pool area tidy, preforming minimal custodial duties in pool area. management could have been better but did their best for what they had. The guards were familiar with who everyone was but there was not a close nit group within the workplace.
Munkahelyi kultúra
its good enough, you have to like it
this was my first job, I've been working here since grade 10. I like it, it can be challenging with a high staff turnover rate, and a lot of high school students.
Great!
It’s a great first job, I started when I was 16 and now two years later I was still there. Flexibility is super open and you can honestly choose when to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you love kids the YMCA is for you
I worked at the YMCA during summers throughout college and absolutely loved it. You work with individuals mostly around your age (if swim instructing, life guarding, or working at a camp) which helps build a sense community and camaraderie. Manager's often came to workers offering to help them find jobs at YMCA's around their college campus during the school year to make extra cash. If you give your time willingly and devote yourself to your craft the managers notice and will actively seek to help you. I would highly recommend working at the YMCA.
Pro érvek
Fun Environment, Good management, Community.
Salary is a little low.
I love it!
Working here is extremely fun! I have met so many new friends here and management makes me feel wanted and important. Doing this job has taught me so many new skills
Munkahelyi kultúra
No fooling around very serious
Working here is good, the management could be more organized. The hardest part is that making sure everyone in the facility is safe under you circumstances.
It's a great job
This job brought me family and care it was a place I'll always treasure this place brought me great joy and they're amazing all the staff treats you like family
the people
The people I worked with were very nice and easy to get along with. At work you would clean the pool on the down time and refill the towels. The boss is very easy to work with and very nice.
Amazing Job
I have been working at through the YMCA for about 3 years now. I have switched YMCAs and had a very easy process of doing this. The workers and administration are always helpful in handling the needs of their employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great way to interact with people of every age and every background.
It was a great experience to be able to work with and teach swimming to babies and their mothers, to then go and teach an older adult swim class, as well as every age in between.
The Haverhill YMCA
Working and being a part of the haverhill YMCA community was one of the greatest things I had done I learned how to work with different surroundings as well as knowing how to attend to people in the right manner
enjoyable workplace
I learned how to build my confidence, step out of my comfort zone, and meet with are people who can help me in my future. The Y is a very diverse workplace, and my favourite part is interacting with the families and young kids.
Pro érvek
hand make gifts from the little kids.
Kontra érvek
can get very busy at some times and very empty at others.
3,0
It was ok
The job is good as a first job for someone under the age of 19. The management is pretty bad though. The hours were flexible but the aquatics director is nice but very strict. She replaced the former director, whom I enjoyed as a boss a lot more. And minimum wage.
Best job yet!
Working at Camp Orkila was easily one of the best experiences I have ever had. I spent the entire summer working as a lifeguard and camp counselor, and didnt even fully realize how much of an impact it had on me until after the summer concluded. But I have never been happier and feeling more content than in this position.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, positive environment with great company values
When working with the YMCA, you can feel like your work matters and that you are contributing to the common good in most positions. The team mentality is strong and coworkers are generally friendly, uplifting people due to the nature of the work. The compensation is less than desirable, but at least the benefits aren't bad. I wasn't salaried but I did get a gym membership and a pool membership for free.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés