YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

990 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 22 935 értékelés megtekintése
Lifeguard work at the YMCA
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Norman, OK2018, november 16.
When working as a lifeguard at the YMCA, you are in charge of the entire pool area. That includes the pool itself, the deck, any and all slides/diving boards, sauna/steam room, etc. Becoming a lifeguard is a very challenging, but rewarding job. The hardest part of the job is the training that you have to go through to become a lifeguard, but the most enjoyable part of the job would have to be speaking to and getting to know the regular members. I've learned so much from my experience at the YMCA, not just the many skills a lifeguard needs to have, but how to interact with the members and co-workers. Each person you encounter at the YMCA, has something to offer. I enjoyed my time working as a lifeguard at the YMCA.
Pro érvek
Shorter shifts, great people, and skills learned.
Kontra érvek
No breaks, staff shortage, and low pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work at, staff is really helpful and friendly
Lifeguard, Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Salem, MA2018, november 15.
Fun place to work at, staff is really helpful and friendly. The management is great and are always willing to help. The most enjoyable part of the job is watching people swim for hours and they always come and talk to you.
Great place to work out
Front Desk/Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2018, november 15.
The members were always nice, and I always loved to show up to work there. When family emergencies would occur they would not let you have the day off.
Amazing Place to Work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Marion, NC2018, november 12.
The YMCA is an amazing place to work! I loved working here as a high school student and would go back in a heart beat. They offer great benefits and amazing community.
Fun workplace, bad management
Swim Instructor & Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Toronto, ON2018, november 8.
I had a great time working with the other staff but management here is a mess. There were multiple cases of wrongful termination in which employees made complaints, some of harassment, and instead of dealing with them management terminated their employment and paid them off to not share what happened. If you keep your mouth shut its a relaxed atmosphere, but they really don't care about quality of work. I saw some the most amazing instructors get replaced by ones who allowed children to nearly drown because of politics.
Nice staff
Horrible Management
Unorganized
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Taunton, MA2018, november 7.
Unqualified instructors and lifeguards. No benefits. Underpaid. Inconsistent swim instructors weekly. Spa is not clean. Renovations are nice now. Need new swim equipment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Highly recommended place for a first job.
Lifeguard and Swim Lesson Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rockford, IL2018, november 6.
From my experience at the YMCA, I would highly recommend it to anybody seeking out a first job.

The faculty is friendly and laid-back.

Positions here are highly flexible for constantly changing college semesters.

From my experience at the YMCA, I only ever struggled to pick up shifts longer than 4 hours.
Free complimentary membership.
Kontra érvek
Could only work shifts in 4-hour increments.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Procductive, fun work environment
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2018, november 4.
Low-stress level work environment.
Career advancement is not big, however there is some room for to advance career-wise.
Certifications are free & well maintained.
Fun place to work
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Woodbury, MN2018, november 2.
The ymca was a fun and enjoyable place to work I was given an employee discount and paid training they also have fun employees to work with and do on the job training.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
No hazard pay I don’t think for doing chemicals
Fun workplace
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stockton, CA2018, november 2.
It was a fun workplace but not a reliable manager. She would send out the schedule for the week the night before and would respond rudely to emergencies
Relaxed work day
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, schedule sent out late
Fun place to work.
Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2018, november 2.
Great first job! Would recommend to many teenagers, but it's only good for a first job. The YMCA isn't for everyone, but is a great first experience to introduce you to the working world.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
You do more and get paid less
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very good learning experience and fun place to work
Lifeguard and Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jamestown, NC2018, november 2.
I really enjoy working for the YMCA I have learned so much from the experience there. When working at the YMCA you are a part of a team and you get to work with a bunch of great people.
Great people
Pay
It wasn't great there.
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2018, október 26.
I came into work and prepared my lesson plan to teach the kid, I had about five classes each day. after classes were taught I went home.
I learned CPR, first aid and oxygen. Also how to care for kids better.
The management was okay, they were really hardcore. Any little thing that you did wrong they would pull you into the office and give you a talking to.
The hardest part was working with cranky parents and also the kids on bad days.
I loved working with the kids and the people around me were really cool.
co-worker and the students
Kontra érvek
management and never getting paid on time
Job is fine
swim instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Knoxville, TN 379092018, október 25.
This is a perfect job for a high school student, but if you're living on your own, you need to do better. Does not give a livable wage, and will not give you more than 27 hours of work a week.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun work enviornment, perfect for first job
Swim Instructor and Sports Activity Planner (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, MO2018, október 25.
I loved working with children. They made work fun and interesting. The YMCA was only a temporary job for me while I was moved back home from college. Even though I loved it, I had to move on because of the pay. It is perfect for a first job or a high school student looking for a job after school.
fun work enviorment
pay
fun place to work
Swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Downers Grove, IL2018, október 25.
was a fun plcae to work at , pool was mostly warm and people that i worked with were nice. hardest part of job for me at the time was the commute since i did not have a car.
80% Boredom, 15% paranoia, 5% insanity
Lifeguard/Swim Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hatboro, PA2018, október 23.
Being a swim instructor is fun if you like kids. Of course some kids make it harder than others to do the job, but at the end of the day you do really feel accomplished, especially when one of your kids that you were his/her first swim teacher goes on to join swim team. That's always great. Lifeguarding is much more low key. It really is 80% boredom with a nice sprinkling of paranoia that something bad is going to happen. Then God forbid something bad does happen, that's the 5% insanity. It should be noted that we are a well oiled machine when it comes to our emergency action plan. Lifeguards are retrained every month and recertified annually and biannually.
Pro érvek
free membership, discounts on classes, free certifications
Kontra érvek
boring shifts, cold water, getting sick often
Fun place to work
SWIM INSTRUCTOR/LIFEGUARD (Volt alkalmazott) –  Santee, CA2018, október 23.
I loved the working environment and collaborated well with coworkers. I would recommend this job to anyone with a passion to teach swim lessons and have a great work experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It taught me about all nationalities and their cultures
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard Trainer (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sarnia, ON2018, október 23.
Interacting with the patrons was probably the greatest part of working at the YMCA. Unfortunately there was too much politics going on to be able to really have the freedom to help most of the people. The politics in the environment is very stressful which I do understand! But nevertheless there should be a limit to patron that give and expect more afterwards for their donations.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 2Jelentés
Low pay. Slow environment
Swim Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Chester, OH2018, október 23.
Worked as a swim instructor. Low pay for the amount of work that I did. Loud environment with unclean area. Management doesn’t care about getting you your money.
Work with kids
Kontra érvek
Management, money, work with kids
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van