Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Swim Instructor

Munkakör megnevezése
Swim Instructor1 364 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 364 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 221 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved playing with the kids for 8 hours a day. The hardest part of the job was when they didn't listen to you, and you were burnt out by the end of the week. The most rewarding thing about working with kids though is that they idolize and admire you. I was always called their favorite counselor, which made my day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You don’t make that much money here if you are working as part time because they cap your hours off at 20 a week. Other than that it is a fun place to work and everyone feels like family.
Good Coworkers, Free Membership
Little hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working and helping co-workers, and my old boss was extremely flexible with my work schedule. Most of the other co-workers that I hung out with and talked with were in high school around my age.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I will say this once my only struggle with this job was that there were a few huge trainings that I couldn't complete because I was working two jobs and a full time student. I loved the people and the environment!
Amazing environment
Kontra érvek
Large Trainings with not enough time to do them
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lifeguarding is by no means exciting. While I was trained thoroughly they were often under staffed which made calling out sick a non option most of the time
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The whites men leading the organization and management need to step down. Instructors need to be paid a decent wage. If you get hurt there, forget any support from the organization
Free Y membership
Kontra érvek
Low wage, no health insurance, no room for advancement, no health Insurance. Management stands up for the man, long before they’d stand up for a female or other minorities
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA was a very good place to work. Great coworkers, a nice manager, being with kids is always a plus. Very fun work environment, patrons are usually easygoing, however some can be quite difficult.
Great work family.
Can be stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
I helped teaching kids how to swim! The instructors were great and the overall environment was fantastic. I wish I was still there, and I hope that many others help there too
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great beginner job to teach and work with children. Do not go into YMCA thinking you can avoid children! You have to love working with them. Very time consuming job for the pay but worth it.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management in the aquatics department is terrible. Will bully you into quitting. They also gip you on hours and not very many breaks. It is not worth working here. Every person who works there is incompetent except the head guards. Also harassment happens often and they do nothing about it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the Y. I don’t really have anything bad to say. They pay good wages and you get a lot of benefits as compensation. Working for the aquatics department really made me feel at home.
Munkahelyi kultúra
love my job, helping others makes me feel alive. its a special way for me to connect with the community and be involved. its a joy to go to work everyday.
Munkahelyi kultúra
the people and management are easy to talk to. They've got your back with most issues with the patrons. The hardest part is talking to parents about their children
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would say my employment got off to a great start and middle part but the ending not so much I liked the management up until 2018 and after that it became a mixed bag. I did learn some key skills I can use in the future and am grateful for my time I just feel the landing did not stick at the end
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great experience and would highly recommend for someone to work for the Y. Great coworkers and get to to work with great people that allow you to learn as you teach others.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a swim instructor for 2 summers at this Y. For one of those summers I was one of two head swim instructor. During the school year it was a good job to have on the weeknights after school, and on Saturdays it kept me busy until around noonish normally. Summertime was a more enjoyable time to work because the other swim instructors were around more often and we all hung out together outside of work as well as in the work place. also during the summers you hav more opportunities to work at other locations and outdoors.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very awesome atmosphere, the staff is great and the over all culture of the people in the community is very great. People are helpful and respectful and the happiness of the children Is the best part.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a very fun and friendly environments for all ages! Great place overall and I highly suggest it! Don’t expect to get off easy with anything though. It still is a challenging job and a lot is expected of workers:)
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job at the wallingford YMCA. Sometimes it can be a bit disorganized when it comes to scheduling and shift coverage, but i love how friendly everyone is and I love working with the children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you are in high school this is an amazing job and will pay off. If you can't get desired hours over the summer stick with them regardless because they are one of the few employers that will let you work after sports practices.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is a great way of giving back to the members of my community who like to stay active. As a lifeguard, I take pride in ensuring the safety of YMCA members.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés