Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Substitute Teacher

Munkakör megnevezése
Substitute Teacher27 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
27 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 642 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day is busy. You are constantly on your feet and problem solving throughout the day. I learned how to build relationships with parents and children. Being at this job I had to learn how to keep a classroom managed with multiple children present ranging from 8-20 children, sometimes staffing was limited so you had to maintain ratio but sometimes, the support wasn't always present. Hardest part of the job is conflicts with parents, or challenging behavior within the classroom. The most enjoyable part was interacting with the children, teaching them and learning from them
Munkahelyi kultúra
Bangor Y was an amazing place to work! The atmosphere is very positive and CONSISTENT! The routine is fun and the curriculum is easy as well as fun to teach. Coworkers are supportive and always there to bounce ideas off of and encouraging! Management is AMAZING! No complaints at all! It is run with integrity and accountability all while feeling like family!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at the YMCA. I had good relationships with co-workers, my boss, and parents and children. I was able to create my own classroom environment and lesson plans. I could be as creative as possible. I took the children to work out class, swimming, and outdoor play when provided. The YMCA is great.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Go to school to gain all the certificates to get pay raises on schedule. Once certs are obtained your career at YMCA will procure traction. It is perfect for a split schedule employee though.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I went to different Y.M.C.A cites subbing in for sick teachers. I was responsible for setting up tables with different themed toys and activities. I was responsible for providing structured group activities. I was in-charge of keeping all of the children safe. I would help assist the site director in multiple tasks. I entertained the children and instilled positive behavior.
flexible hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for those seeking part time because those positions are more available than full time. However, once you have a full time gig stay because the benefits are great and it’s a great place to work. I’ve been there 10 years. The pay isn’t great but you get discount on gym membership and any programs offered including their childcare and sports. It’s a place where you grow but not a lot of upper management movement for more money. Instead it is more lateral moves across different programs they offer so you can try new types of positions.
Pro érvek
Gym, childcare, sport program discounts
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved most of the people I worked with. It was very low pay for a lot of work. There was a lot of demand out of teachers and never enough time to do it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoy working with children in a classroom based school/daycare curriculum -Workplace culture is relaxed. -There is ongoing training -Flexible work schedule
Be with children
Poor pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job has helped me build relationships with children, as well as understand the development process. Our classroom works collaboratively with RISE for the kids who need services.
Pro érvek
Watching the children develop and learn new skills
low salary
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a nice place to work. It has a positive environment to have great work culture and entertain the children. The professional atmosphere at YMCA is excellent!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Best place to teach English even though I am only subtitute teacher. I learned from my students and they learned from me. The teachers and the CEO of the learning institute helped me to communicate well with my students.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ultimately the job is good if you are looking for something short term and prefer to work with understanding and caring people. However, the trade off is that pay is sub-mediocre and you potentially will be understaffed causing difficult work situations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very wonderful and caring people. They truly enjoy there job and love working with children. More competitive pay nneded in order to keep good staff employed
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working at the Headstart . I love the look on the children faces as they learn and grow and prepare for school and success. My passion is the children .
Pro érvek
Working with the staff and children.
Higher pay rate
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've really enjoyed working here for the past three years! I love working with children and helping them in any way possible! They are such a joy to be around!
I love children
Kontra érvek
we need better pay and benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the staff and children of this program was a really good experience for me because it allowed me to be myself and have fun at the same time
giving back
Kontra érvek
no job security or benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
The typical day at the YMCA is full of little bright faces which I truly enjoy teaching. Alongside with friendly co-workers and positive management who encourages the staff to learn new technologies to teach. I’ve learned more patience from my follow colleagues and through experiences over the years at the YMCA. The hardest part of my job is when management doesn't communicate effectively it makes my job a bit frustrating. However, the most enjoyable part of the job is of course working with the little ones.
the children, free lunches
Kontra érvek
The lack of appreciation and there isn't any room for growth
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with children and helping them learn to become better at all their skills is always rewarding. The hardest part of the job would be seeing children grow up and leave. I enjoyed building relationships with everyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the children providing them with a safe, fun, and clean environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at YMCA as a substitute "After School Care", teacher / director. It was a part time position where I had to take care of the elementary school children by supervising and helping them with their home work. We provide snacks and a healthy environment for playing and interactions among children of different ages under one roof. This position gave me the opportunity to learn and develop organizing and management skills along with the benefits of team work and multi tasking. The hardest part of this job was to be vigilant and aware of all the children and their personalities and dealing accordingly so as to avoid any mishaps. And the most enjoyeable part was also dealing with the different personalities and being vigilant for their health and safety and to watch them learn and grow with time.
The experience.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Come into work from 9-6 let the children sign in .We do circle ,they play go outside.From outside they eat lunch then take nap from 1 to 3 .At 4 they eat snack we read a story then go outside thats around 5 and dismissal is at 6. I learned when dealing with children you have to be patient and that you learn a lot from little people.My co-workers are team players and it was great working with them.theres really no hard part just go with the flow.