Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Staff

Munkakör megnevezése
Staff45 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
45 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 056 értékelés megtekintése
Needs improvement
My experience was not very positive. I was seasonal and never felt like what I did or said made a difference with leadership. It was basically "we've always done it this way". All young inexperienced staff.
Kids.
Kontra érvek
Young inexperienced staff, immature leadership.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fun learning experience.
A typical day at work involved the morning meetings that informed us about how the day will take place and how everything would proceed. After our daily meeting we would get everything ready for the campers to start coming in, cleaning and serving their food, being very careful as to keep it sanitary. Then, we just follow the schedule which was sent to us.
What I learned from this job was that I would like to be a teacher in the future, it also taught me how jobs function and how to manage my time and everyone else's. The hardest part of the job would be having to handle a large group of kids in the beginning but got easier as I kept working. The most enjoyable part was being able to enjoy my time with the kids and socializing with my coworkers. It was very fun and unforgettable work experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is a good job for people who have patience with children
I felt comfortable and welcome while working at the YMCA, support was there when I needed it. I was able to form strong relationships with parents and children.
meeting new people
stressful
Great people!
A friendly, warm and welcoming place to work that feels at home quickly. Management is very supportive and accessible. There are countless learning opportunities here.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do not wast your precious life, time and energy.
Christian organization but not an organization of christians. The true heroes get no reconnection. Awards are given to friends not the dedicated staff
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Cool department
There was an awesome program in place until admin chopped it into small pieces so it was hardly recognizable.

Decisions are made poorly from the top down.
Pro érvek
Free work out facilities, cool interns and staff within program
Kontra érvek
Bosses that do not understand entire populations of at risk kiddos and their needs, see previous, no really- kids needed these programs
Munkahelyi kultúra
Calm place to tend to children and make them happy
You play with the children and feed them. This is the time children start creating their personalities and it is up to the staff to lead them correctly. Make their parents proud.
Great!!!
Love the work culture! I worked as a 21C staff and enjoyed my two years as one. Only one of the few places I'm sure where you can meet NFL packer players :) I got to meet Randall Cobb which was pretty amazing! I also loved how supportive all staff were and the opportunities to grow.
Fun workplace
Organized games/activities for the kids. Planned nutrition and snacks for 20+ kids. 3 days a week. Also went to get groceries to plan food options for the kids.
Good pay
Short hours
Amazing workplace
I love working at the YMCA. The staff are amazing and always have smiles on their faces. Management are always so kind, and always have time for their staff and members. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the children and members happy!
Was good
We always went on frequent field trips. The job was very relaxed and laid back due to the amount of staff we had available. It was very calm and collected.
Staff
It was a great job love working with kids made sure there home work was done made there lunches and took them outside to play activity until it was time for there parent to come
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job was a productive , communicative fun working experience
The YMCA is a great place to bring your children I would recommend this place a thousand times . The staff members really confined in the children listen to how their days went and offering them suggestions to Imorocebtheir next days . While joyful and laughter get in the mix because the YMCA has so many fun kid filled activities you can jump from I️ loved working here made my compassion with kids stronger .
Helping others grow
Disobedience
Good Experience
It was a good experience because Teen Night was very easy to be in charge of and it wasn’t long hours so it helped be get home in time. It also was beneficial because i could exercise my communication skills
Gym Time
Lots of noise
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and interactive work place
At the YMCA my job was to facilitate campers and teen staffs. I worked with children throughout the whole day, varying from ages 5-13. Field trips with the campers must have been the most enjoyable part of this job. Many of these children aren't given the opportunity to explore certain place due to low income so seeing their faces in a different setting was priceless.
Fun
Such a great experience I learned a lot about myself and the kids I worked with.i would totally recommend it to anyone.it is a fun and easy job. great three years working there.
2,0
Lack of supervision
Working with kids requires a lot of support that was not there for the staff and when staff asked for help, supervision would ignore and blame staff for lack of improvement.
Ehhh
I have worked at diffrent YMCA’s since I was 16 and employees are always nice but there isn’t much of a career aspect to the job. Really like it here but it can be too repetitive.
For the children.
Excellent way to work with young people. The Y's core values; caring,
honesty, respect and responsibility are followed.

The Y is determined, nurturing, genuine, hopeful and welcoming.

The area of focus is youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Free Y membership.
Kontra érvek
No healthcare. Minimum wage.
Great center, awful pay
I would like to start by saying i LOVE my coworkers. The environment is always happy and full of laugher. The job itself can be stressful due to different types of behavioral children but you have support from the coworkers and management. The only downfall is they do NOT pay their teachers at a competitive rate. Most teachers making minimum wage or not much above it.
Great work environment
Pay is horrendous
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work but doesn't pay well
I loved it there and I never wanted to leave, but they don't pay a living wage even after 20+ years with the company. Bosses are great, super flexible and understanding.
Pro érvek
great morale, flexible, many hours, good people, fun bosses
Kontra érvek
No breaks in certain departments, poor pay
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés