Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Shift Leader

Munkakör megnevezése
Shift Leader20 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
20 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 049 értékelés megtekintése
Community concerned atmosphere
Opportunity to help many people every day, no day is ever the same, people are wonderful to work with. Management cares about its empoyees. Healthy working envonment.
Reliability and Trust
At YMCA, customers put their trust with their children and other services on us and as a professional, we assure to satisfy customer’s demand at a quality level.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast Paced, yet creative fun, but not going to help you grow in financial equality
I worked at Camp Greenville as a cook. But there were only 2 staff in the kitchen to feed up to 350 people daily. However, the last year, I more or less, maintaiNed the dinning facility alone, without some volunteers from counseling staff. It was a lot of fun, and I really loved working with the children, and different people from all over the world!
However, due to camp closing for winter, we were considered seasonal employees, which means, we weren't offered benefits of any kind, unemployment during the months of November 26, until March 1. It didn't matter how much we worked, or that for most of us, 6 days a week, at 60 or more hours, the only thing that kept employees returning was the children and learning their cultures and traditions.. I really enjoyed meeting time there, but it felt we were considered, expendable and we're not granted the same value in return as all the hard work that is involved, no matter which position of employment you held, or how much you brought to the tea, or how long you dedicated to the purpose. And lastly, the entire booster association of individuals who support the YMCA, which is interpreted as Young Men's Christian Association, we're depleted and lost afree learning the foundation as it was based, was also giving in to the complacency and break down in reform by changing guidelines, and basis of ,Christianity, and we're dropping the ,Christian, from the name, as well as replacing the choice to hear the word of God, with other types of teaching, in order to gain more support and higher numbers of campers, although, the
 - több...
A workplace/job that I tolerated
I am not going to rave about the YMCA because it was not and is not something I will ever go back to. It was my first job and I worked in the daycare centers. I was shocked by some of the behavior I witnessed from adults dropping off their children. Complete disregard for the employees working there and I know for a fact that I will never join the YMCA as a gym. It's an environment I'm glad I got out of.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company with great mission, but poor management.
The management that I have experience at the ymca has been very poorly run and most of the managers that were run through were not prepared to be in the position they were and would micro management the workers to a point that it would compromise working relationships. I would personally not recommend the Ymca to a friend or family member as a place of employment due to the lack of care Lower management had over its employees.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
free membership to the gym
you get to know the people that come every day to swim and take water classes. the free gym membership helps keep you in shape and love the water classes.
Pro érvek
short shifts and you get to help out at other YMCA's when needed.
Kontra érvek
work week hours are only 28 hrs for every guard.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You are part of a family
It's a great place with a few perks, but if you don't have a high title and full time you don't get benefits and your pay is low if your front desk or child watch, other jobs titles get better pay.
1,0
Not my favorite place.
The YMCA that I was located in had a lot of gossip and petty activity. Favoritism was clear and encouraged. The manager favorites would stay close by his/her side while the ones he/she did not like got sent away to a different location with worse hours.
My first job
Starting about 10 years ago, the Y has been a huge part of my family. Two other members of my family also work there and we frequently volunteer and give back to our community because of it.
Fun place to work
The YMCA youth shelter was a fun place to work Employees has access to free gym memberships as well as employee life training as well as many other class that are available.
Free Gym membership
work most weekends
Productive work place
I enjoyed working here because I always had fun taking care of children and making up activities each day for everyone to participate in. I always looked forward to going to work.
Free gym membership
ill children
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Seeing members smile when they see you was Awesome.
The hardest part of the job, was knowing there was no room for advancement. For the most part, it is a mostly laid-back environment. Don't have anything else to comment about.
Exercise facility
The Employees
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I dont think the YMCA is a good place to work
If your looking for a job that plays favorites and leaves little room for advancement than this is the job for you. They take people with little to no experience and promote if your a friend of a director. Also they will except you to put in your own time and not be compensated. The facility is also very poorly managed and thier is only one facility person usually on site so the place is gross.
Easy, positive work place
Each day you come in and watch and engage with families, the management is fine most enjoyable part is being able to help families least is when family is angry.
Easy to get time off
Never Get a Break
Productive and great environment
It's a great place to work, A typical day would be signing up a potential member, giving tours, and checking in the members. Co-workers are fun to work with and you learn about customer service and meet new people.
Free Memberships
positive environment
As a shift leader I made sure we were well staffed for the day. Check chemical levels of the pool. if an issue i would address it. welcome guest. train with lifeguards answer, guide and answer any questions about their role.
awesome staff
n/a
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed and fun environment to be in.
At the YMCA we had days that could be very busy, and very slow. With these variations we were able to be serious and work hard, but also have fun with the people who we were working around.
Nice patrons
Kontra érvek
Complaints on very little things
YMCA Attendant
This job consisted of answering phone calls, directing members to the proper branch locations, educating children and parents on the importance of health and fitness.
work life balance
salary
Nice place, family oriendted
Its a fun and loving place to wotk. Very accomidating to your personal schedule.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work and create relationships
The YMCA is a great place to work because everyday you get to work with people who want to better their lives. Also if you want to create relationships and make friends easily, then the YMCA is the place to be.
friends, managers
További YMCA-értékelések megtekintése
Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés