Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: School Teacher

Munkakör megnevezése
School Teacher97 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
97 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 092 értékelés megtekintése
Loved working with kids
I learned through this job that I have a passion for working with younger people. I learned how to manage and take care of kids after school and work with their parents and teachers.
A great place to work!
YMCA is a great place to work. There are great cooperation amongst the owner/operator, directors, site-directors and parents of the children to successfully care for the children at hand through much used communication and great love and care that is exercised daily.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You give back everyday working for the YMCA.
Some days are rough working with children, but at the end of the day, you know you've done something good for a child who might have needed it. This company gives back which in turn makes you feel great as an employee and a person.
Excellent place to work
I absolutely love working for the YMCA. I am primarily in the School Age/Day Camp Program, it is so fun. It doesn't even feel like work because you are having fun while doing it. The kids you work with are great, some I've got the chance to know over the years. They look up to you and love learning life skills. You have supervisors who genuinely care about you and your well being. They are willing to train you and help you succeed. The co-workers are amazing, I've never had an issue. It is like one big family. The pay isn't much but it is great for a first time job, summer job, or a job until you find your dream job.
Unprofessional
This place is a pile of poor management stacked together. Most of the workers (including the manager) are rude and senseless. The overweight unhappy people support each other in the bullying of good, healthy coworkers. Ha! That's such a professional environment for people with just a high school diploma.
Kontra érvek
Low pay, no advancement for those with college degrees (without connection), fat bosses support the bullying of young and healthy workers(ha!)
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Na
N/a - there’s really not much to say just that hard work comes with the job and expectations are high. If your not a calm individual this is not the job for you
Director where I work
Director there was very inconsistent she does not know how to train you well and it made it very stressful to work there especially wouldn't just throw in there without very little training
Very low pay.
The pay is $9 an hour. I made $10 hour when I graduated high school 20 years ago. YMCA needs to update their pay. Management is ok. They expect you to do a lot without a lot of resources.
ece
wasnt bad, cant really remember much because its been a long time but for all i could remember was it was a bad place to work at. had friendly coordinator .with nice parents to the kids i had in my school age room.
learning ground
short hours
I love the YMCA
I love working for the YMCA. If I got paid more it would honestly be the best job! I have a gap in between where I can do school work or run errands! Everyone I work with is great and they are so laid back and easy to work with. My manager is by far the best manager I have ever had which is extremely important as well. I get a free membership and since I live with my fiancé we get the family membership for only $18 a month! During the summer I also work with summer camp which doesnt even feel like a job! We go on field trips and do fun activities all the time! I love my job!
Could of been better
They make you feel like you need them and they play you in to thinking that it's a great job. Loved the kids and some staff. It was alot of unstable things going on there. I don't recommend.
Fun
Kontra érvek
Pay, balance, management, just the company in general
Not paid for the work
You work endlessly with kids. Extremely rude kids. I went to ymca after school program,fall break,winter,spring break. Any days out of school i went to ymca. I wanted to bring that joy and passion to future children to inspire love and enjoyment. However you cant do that. Cant touch kids not even a hug. Cant put kids in timeout. Cant do anything. You literally watch kids bully others and cant do anything.
Not watched properly !
There were so many teachers there that were so horrible to this children and managers were approached about it and did nothing to take care of it. I was working there 2 months before they gave me my drug test and Tb test.
Pro érvek
I got to make kids days great and see them leave with smiles.
Kontra érvek
No breaks and barely any help!
Fun job, Low pay
Great for a high school student looking to make gas money, anything more look elsewhere. Management is subpar at best and if you are ill there is no one to cover you since the place is constantly short staffed.
Working with younth students
After school program tutoring students with their program of homework what they need help with interacting them with no activities indoor and outdoor games being prepared for the future
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace with energetic people who love to work with children
A typical day consists of me setting up a space, and stations for the children to play at during program time. Washroom routines are mandatory at the beginning of the shift for the children.

The culture in the workplace is great, working with very nice hard working people who love children as much as me.

The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with the behavioral issues from certain children. Also working with a team member can also be difficult when you do not see eye to eye with them about certain things involved in the job, or when you feel you are doing more of the share of work then them. Also dealing with parents who choose not want to converse with you for their own reasons.

The most enjoyable part of the job would be hearing about all the stories the children have to say to you. You really feel like you are a role model to them, when they come to you for advice, or help them out with anything. Playing with them as well is always a fun time for both the children and us. Seeing a smile on their face, always puts one on mine as well. Also conversing with the parents is another thing that is enjoyable because most of them are very respectful and trust that their child is in good hands with you so it makes for a positive workplace.
Pro érvek
free lunches, access to a YMCA gym membership, good management
Kontra érvek
draining and tiring even though you are there for 3 hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Summary
Worked morning and afternoons with the program called Great Escape (AM 6:30-8, PM 5-7) and during the day I worked with the School Age Director and Assisted Director on a grant program called Food and Fun that we incorporated into the Great Escape afternoon programs on Tuesday and Thursday. Food and Fun was designed to get kids to choose a healthy snack option instead of chips and cookies, so once a week we would create a healthy snack and the kids at the different sites would help create the snack and than eat it.
Great Atmosphere, Fun Co Workers, Fun Activities
Temporary Employment
Great place to work!
I was in college when I worked at YMCA for a part-time position as a CAPS teacher. I have thoroughly enjoyed working there as a teacher with the kindergarten kids. They were fun and very interesting and curious kids.
Awesome place to work!
I throughly enjoyed working here and would recommend for anyone looking for a part time position. It helped me learn a lot about child care and I learned a lot if management skills.
Fun workplace
Enjoy being around all the various age groups of children,building relationships with them through playing and implementing various activities each day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very good place to work with kids
It was a fun work environment, working with middle school-aged refugees and immigrants. I enjoyed it very much, and would be a good experience if you are going into a career working with children.
Fun work environment
Kontra érvek
Wasn't very flexible with schedule
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés