YMCA
4,0 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: School Teacher

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
103 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 30 023 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at YMCA is easy. Everyone contributes and the outcome is the best for the children. Children have the opportunity to explore their world in safe and exciting ways.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The managers were unprofessional. The fact that they let another employee speak to me however they wanted in front of children was disgusting to me. They were very unprofessional and rude. I ended up leaving because I got very sick with the flu and then go hit with pneumonia right after and I didn't have the strength to keep arguing with them.
Children are great
Munkahelyi kultúra
No one is ever on the same page, there's blatant employee favoritism, and lack of employee discipline. There is a huge bullying problem in the childcare facilities, from both the children and the employees. More often than not, employees must work there for 10+ years before they are offered a promotion, which does not increase their minimum wage pay rate. There are not enough available hours, pay does not compensate the work an employee must put in.
Free gym membership
Kontra érvek
Lack of pay, lack of healthcare, lack of respect, lack of available working hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working after school /camp was the best experience i ever had. I would still be working there if i could get more hrs during the school year. Management was wonderful and understanding of needs. They wanted to help you grow, as a person and leader.
Hrs
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day is writing lessons plans before students arrive for the day and after they leave in the late evening. Working with middle school students is a lot of class room management and I learned how to tailor curriculum and discipline to the students unique learning styles. The hardest part of the job is completing engaging, relevant lesson plans that speak to both the specific cultural background of the students while exposing them to different cultures and perspectives. The most enjoyable part is learning from the students and watching them learn.
curriculum development skills
Kontra érvek
Dealing with stakeholders on campus and managing three grades in one classroom
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned through this job that I have a passion for working with younger people. I learned how to manage and take care of kids after school and work with their parents and teachers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is a great place to work. There are great cooperation amongst the owner/operator, directors, site-directors and parents of the children to successfully care for the children at hand through much used communication and great love and care that is exercised daily.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Some days are rough working with children, but at the end of the day, you know you've done something good for a child who might have needed it. This company gives back which in turn makes you feel great as an employee and a person.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I absolutely love working for the YMCA. I am primarily in the School Age/Day Camp Program, it is so fun. It doesn't even feel like work because you are having fun while doing it. The kids you work with are great, some I've got the chance to know over the years. They look up to you and love learning life skills. You have supervisors who genuinely care about you and your well being. They are willing to train you and help you succeed. The co-workers are amazing, I've never had an issue. It is like one big family. The pay isn't much but it is great for a first time job, summer job, or a job until you find your dream job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place is a pile of poor management stacked together. Most of the workers (including the manager) are rude and senseless. The overweight unhappy people support each other in the bullying of good, healthy coworkers. Ha! That's such a professional environment for people with just a high school diploma.
Kontra érvek
Low pay, no advancement for those with college degrees (without connection), fat bosses support the bullying of young and healthy workers(ha!)
Munkahelyi kultúra
N/a - there’s really not much to say just that hard work comes with the job and expectations are high. If your not a calm individual this is not the job for you
Munkahelyi kultúra
Director there was very inconsistent she does not know how to train you well and it made it very stressful to work there especially wouldn't just throw in there without very little training
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay is $9 an hour. I made $10 hour when I graduated high school 20 years ago. YMCA needs to update their pay. Management is ok. They expect you to do a lot without a lot of resources.
Munkahelyi kultúra
wasnt bad, cant really remember much because its been a long time but for all i could remember was it was a bad place to work at. had friendly coordinator .with nice parents to the kids i had in my school age room.
learning ground
short hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working for the YMCA. If I got paid more it would honestly be the best job! I have a gap in between where I can do school work or run errands! Everyone I work with is great and they are so laid back and easy to work with. My manager is by far the best manager I have ever had which is extremely important as well. I get a free membership and since I live with my fiancé we get the family membership for only $18 a month! During the summer I also work with summer camp which doesnt even feel like a job! We go on field trips and do fun activities all the time! I love my job!
Munkahelyi kultúra
They make you feel like you need them and they play you in to thinking that it's a great job. Loved the kids and some staff. It was alot of unstable things going on there. I don't recommend.
Fun
Kontra érvek
Pay, balance, management, just the company in general
Munkahelyi kultúra
You work endlessly with kids. Extremely rude kids. I went to ymca after school program,fall break,winter,spring break. Any days out of school i went to ymca. I wanted to bring that joy and passion to future children to inspire love and enjoyment. However you cant do that. Cant touch kids not even a hug. Cant put kids in timeout. Cant do anything. You literally watch kids bully others and cant do anything.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There were so many teachers there that were so horrible to this children and managers were approached about it and did nothing to take care of it. I was working there 2 months before they gave me my drug test and Tb test.
Pro érvek
I got to make kids days great and see them leave with smiles.
Kontra érvek
No breaks and barely any help!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great for a high school student looking to make gas money, anything more look elsewhere. Management is subpar at best and if you are ill there is no one to cover you since the place is constantly short staffed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
After school program tutoring students with their program of homework what they need help with interacting them with no activities indoor and outdoor games being prepared for the future
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day consists of me setting up a space, and stations for the children to play at during program time. Washroom routines are mandatory at the beginning of the shift for the children. The culture in the workplace is great, working with very nice hard working people who love children as much as me. The hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with the behavioral issues from certain children. Also working with a team member can also be difficult when you do not see eye to eye with them about certain things involved in the job, or when you feel you are doing more of the share of work then them. Also dealing with parents who choose not want to converse with you for their own reasons. The most enjoyable part of the job would be hearing about all the stories the children have to say to you. You really feel like you are a role model to them, when they come to you for advice, or help them out with anything. Playing with them as well is always a fun time for both the children and us. Seeing a smile on their face, always puts one on mine as well. Also conversing with the parents is another thing that is enjoyable because most of them are very respectful and trust that their child is in good hands with you so it makes for a positive workplace.
Pro érvek
free lunches, access to a YMCA gym membership, good management
Kontra érvek
draining and tiring even though you are there for 3 hours.