Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: School Principal

48 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 695 értékelés megtekintése
Diversity
I loved working for the YMCA.
I started working as a substitute teacher and ended as a head teacher for the before and after school program at elementary school.
1,0
A Cautionary TLDR
I cannot speak for all locations. I know two. The one in the poorest area with the fewest resources had the best environment! The one in the affluent area was the worst place I have ever worked! This is just a quick TLDR:

1. They do not pay you for days the school is closed. You have to use vacation, sick time, or not get paid unless it is a day like Christmas Day.

2. They "fire" you every summer and require that you go on unemployment and make 60% of your salary over the summer. They can just not hire you back in the fall.

3. THERE IS NO TRAINING!!! You are just expected to know everything.

4. It is all about policies! Only the small, weak minded work only in policies. And, policies will change every five seconds. It's whatever suits them in the moment.

5. You will be belittled and demeaned every time you make a mistake which will happen a lot without training.

6. The director is like an active grenade. You never know when she will explode. She enjoys accusing people of lying. Once, she accused me of lying 5 times in one conversation until she found something I didn't have proof of. So, if you want to work here, literally have proof of everything! EVERYTHING YOU DO HAS TO BE IN WRITING!! TAKE PICTURES OF THE TIME CLOCK!! YOU WILL BE ACCUSED OF LYING!!!

7. You cannot ask questions.

8. You cannot make jokes.

9. You have no opinion!

10. YOU ARE NOTHING TO THEM!

That is just my top ten. Be careful while reading the good ones. At PD Days, we are told to add positive reviews to sites. And, if we aren't willing to, we just need to keep our opinions to ourselves.
 - több...
Im great with this
This is a great company to work for. Great oppurtunity, great pay, great children and families to work with. You can grow in this field and that’s very vital.
My Experience
I love working for YMCA. This is one of the best decisions that I have made. They are very organized, and the staff are nice. I love the environment that I am in. I enjoy coming to work everyday, and I love working with children.
Ok
Good job for young people and flexible. For the love of kids its great. There are many different kinds of jobs abailable at all skill levels and as much experience your willing to give
Flexible
Ratio
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place if you enjoy working with children.
Personally I believe that I was hired to terminate certain employees that they wanted to get rid of. I wasn't given any assistance on some of the duty that I was required to do even though I asked for help.
Working with the children
Kontra érvek
Unfair as to how they go about firing employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work but long hours
Typical work day included supervision of preschool children. I also began learning monthly state paperwork and training as a director. I held weekly teacher meetings and supervised staff when director was not in the building.
free lunch
High health care costs
Early childhood department
the hardest part of the job is that teacher has to struggle as soon they come in to work with other staff attendance and arriving on time, which make the day start difficult, since the teacher has to wonder who will be in the classroom working with the children. I learned how to get things done in minimum time frame, think quick and come up with solutions to benefit the students and staff in short time notices.
nice place to work
I took this part time position because at the time I needed to fulfill one my requirement in order to receive my permanent State Certification. I was there three hrs a day as a site director for an after school program.
Working at the ymca
Love to work here very nice and friendly staff and families are great also. The ymca has given me the opportunity to work in the tap program and acquire my cda and other great trainings.
It was okay
A typical day for me was ensuring that employees and children were doing what they were required to do.Management was okay but it could be somewhat cutthroat.
Discounts
Kontra érvek
Some ofnthe work policies weren't that good.
Eh
Could’ve been better , could’ve been worse. There’s only so much room for growth at the YMCA. There’s a lot of people who are truly dedicated to the community and to the kids at their sites which makes it motivating for me to do better.
Kids
Parents
1,0
Need to clean house!
The work dynamics at this place is horrible. The old ladies they are very nasty, mean, back stabbing, and plain horrible. The pay is horible , and the director is timid or she don't care.
Commute
Pay
Nice place to work
No career advancement after Head Teacher position. Could be very stressful at times. Staff was friendly. Director was nice but had a tough unapproachable side to her.
fun workplace
if you have a strong passion fir kids this is the place for you. All the kids are great and the staff is very diverse. All of the staff are pretty well skilled.
Experience
My experience with the Y was a typical day in child care, I was providing the children with activities that allowed them to explore and express themselves academiclally. I learned each child learned at a different level and the fun part of it all was hearing them brag when they learned to write a letter in their name or could remember their birthday. The hardest part of the job was meeting a 4 P.M. deadline when you receive an email at 2:30 P.M; The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the children.
Working with the Children
Paperwork
Excellent work life balance
A great amount of time off, excellent work life balance. Non-profits are hard to work for but the YMCA made it worth it. Only con is a lot of work placed on teachers and support staff.
loved working here.
I enjoyed making lesson plans and watching the children grow. I was there for years and worked well with my coworkers and management. I wish the compensation was better though.
long breaks.
compensation
Ok
I left the YMCA due to not being able to advance in the career. I loved the people i worked with but i wanted to be able to move in with what i was doing there.
Great Work Place
Management was outstanding at the top. They offered plenty of professional development. They definitely stayed on top of accreditation and quality services for their clients.
Workshops and trainings
A lot of structure
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, positive friendly environment
Great place to work. Everyone is friendly, caring nurturing environment. Lots of room for growth. Many trainings and workshops to enhance teaching levels.
Compsation for trainings
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés