YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: School Counselor

367 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 28 327 értékelés megtekintése
I get to work with kids
Afterschool Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Victoria, TX2020, február 26.
The fact that I get to work with kids makes me really happy because I love kids, and while I am there to help them and make sure they are okay, they also help me and make my day everyday. The thing I just don’t agree with at the YMCA is the pay rate that we have I feel like we do great work everyday and try our hardest but don’t get paid enough, and I am saying this as a independent college student.
Super fun to work at
After School Child Care Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Southington, CT2020, február 25.
Get to play games with the kids and it is really fun. The bosses were all great people and your coworkers are typically really nice people. You will learn to love the kids even though they can be annoying sometimes.
2,0
My overall experience
After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houma, LA2020, február 17.
Working at the YMCA I really enjoyed working with the children,but I just felt the child care/after school program was not as important to me as it was to the Management and owners. I just didn’t feel like those kids and their needs were prioritized enough..
Meh
YMCA After School Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tampa, FL2020, február 16.
Upper management is terrible. They are just plain mean. They do not help you. Kids walk all over you and you’re the one they blame. Not guaranteed a job in the summer not paid for days kids are out.low pay.
Okay
YMCA After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2020, január 28.
Working for this company was nice. Although, the people I worked with while working before and after school care, would sometimes talk about the children, in not always the nicest way, which I didn’t like. The children were amazing, there was always a clear schedule of what to do, which is something I liked
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and educational workplace with amazing employers
After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rincon, GA2020, január 21.
Between gaining healthy relations with children and coworkers and documenting attendance and incident reports the employers are very understanding and informative. The overall atmosphere is very welcoming and watching the children grow and develop lasting relationships is the best part of the job. The hardest part of the job is the training that is necessary to ensure the safety and well-being of all staff and children enrolled in the program.
Pro érvek
fun work environment, understanding management
Kontra érvek
paying out of pocket for group materials
Not satisfied
YMCA After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Palm Harbor, FL2020, január 17.
At the YMCA it was fun being in a childhood enviornment, but overall the staff was filled with toxic relationships according to one another. I want to be in a place where it’s friendly and not fake.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a really good company to work for.
YMCA After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Clearwater, FL2020, január 7.
Ymca gives you an experience you won’t get anywhere else, I loved working for the YMCA and would recommend it to anyone ! The kids and people are fun to work with while getting stuff done.
good job , but underpaid
YMCA After School Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Sumter, SC2020, január 7.
the job is wonderful and the kids are great. its an amazing environment but i just feel like we’re underpaid. other than that i would recommend this job others.
Productive fun workplace
School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2019, december 31.
This was a Productive environment. i learned a lot from the people that I worked with. I was able to learn about working quick on my feet and learned how to adjust to high tensity situations.
Challenging but very rewarding experience at The Y
After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sanford, NC2019, december 29.
My ratings only pertain to my experience at the YMCA and as an after school counselor, I don't mean them as a judge of the company as a whole. If nothing else this job taught me patience, being the one to mediate arguments and possible altercations between children, as well as helping them with their homework each day. The hardest part of the job was probably balancing what management wanted us, counselors, to do day to day and getting thirty children to want to do those things and be excited about it and stay engaged with whatever it may be that we were doing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great place to incorporate overall community wellbeing
YMCA After-school Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Dallas, TX2019, december 27.
If interested in childcare, after school programs, sports and fitness, and nutrition this place is for you. Getting CPR training for free and other course offerings for employees is a bonus.
Free YMCA gym membership
Kontra érvek
low pay and slow advancements
Great easy job
YMCA After School Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Chesapeake, VA2019, december 24.
Atypical day at work would go like this we set up play mats, arts and crafts, legos, books, and coloring pages. As the kids come in they choose a mat to sit at and to the activity until supper. Then, we call the kids to see who wants to eat while the other kids who don’t eat stay in the gym and continue to play. After supper, if it feels nice outside we usually take the kids outside to play.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to get hands on experience working with children of all ages.
YMCA After School Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Bernardino, CA2019, december 11.
A typical day at work is filled with kids with lots of energy excited to play, try new experiments, and having them tell you about their day. You are never bored because all the kids are different, unique and funny in their own ways. I learned to be more patient, to find new ways of getting involved with parents/students/ and the community, and how to work as a team when someone is out. The hardest part of the job is getting the students to understand boundaries so that they know they can depend on you but also that you aren't their friend for all occasions. Knowing that they can rely on you but to still respect you. The most enjoyable part is getting a chance to make a difference in a child's life. Also, getting a chance to teach them something new they might not have known before.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun place to work at
YMCA After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Johnstown, NY2019, december 9.
Loved working there and with the kids and babies all the employees made you feel at home and welcomed and it was a very nice and safe environment to work in
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I hope you like disorganization and bad communication
After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York, NY2019, december 9.
The afterschool program is a free program that is provided to schools. I don't understand why, then, if a child misbehaves to the point where he HURTS other children, that child is allowed to stay. The expectations from the supervisor greatly supersede the available resources provided to after school counselors. For a minimum wage job this is TOO STRESSFUL and NOT WORTH IT. Job security is great because they can't keep any employees, so they will basically never fire you.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
I loved it
YMCA After School Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Austin, TX2019, december 6.
I really loved working there at the Y and at the school they sent me too. The pay was okay and the hours were okay too I was really in for the kids but had to leave I recommend working for the YMCA
Great working experience
Afterschool Care Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hoover, AL2019, december 1.
The Y has showed me that I had skills I never knew I had. The Site director always helped out when in need and doesn’t let anyone fall. Always motivating and continuously improving work environment. The people there are great, everyone friendly and working together.
Enthusiastic work environment
Senior After School Care Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  South Riding, VA2019, november 30.
Working at YMCA helped improve my people skills which I can apply to the real world. I had to learn to adapt quickly and find quick solutions for situations.
Laid Back Place if you have the patience
After School Care Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Katy, TX2019, november 16.
If you have patience dealing with children, then this is the job for you. If you're placed in a school with 50 kids, you might have a difficult time supervising them. Be kind and courteous to the kids and parents and you won't have a problem.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van