Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: School Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
School Counselor394 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
394 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 636 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at YMCA. The most enjoyable part of this job was getting to work with kids. I also liked that they provided CPR course and certification free of charge.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay is not fair I have been here for a year and with children you have to be patient which I love but it also is a important job to fulfill and during covid i feel as they should at least appreciate us even more. I plan on leaving soon which is sad because i love whag i do but the pay is horrible and for my experience and sacrifice for
Flexible schedule
Pay is not good at all
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was grueling working as a counselor but about what I expected. Sometimes it feels like there is not enough support from the managerial staff but the employees at the sites are good people.
Working with kids
Not a lot of training
Munkahelyi kultúra
We do a lot of odds and ends, so I feel we should be paid a little more. They are very willing to work with your schedule, but they do get upset when people quit, even when given a two weeks notice because they seem to always be understaffed. Overall, they are caring of the employees.
Pro érvek
Work with your schedule & do give small raises overtime, and when asked for
Kontra érvek
Expect a lot from you that isn't always a main part of the job, things other than supervising the children
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here for 2 years and did everything asked. Management replaced me after I didn’t come back for the summer because my mom has an immune disorder and I was worried about her health during these uncertain Covid times.
The kids. Nothing else. Literally
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most of the time, your higher ups will only come in to check in to see if you’re doing anything wrong, but offer no advice or direction. You’re practically just thrown into a school sight and left to figure things out for yourself unless you have a good supportive group of coworkers.
Set schedule
Kontra érvek
Weird hours, bad management, only part time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA as a child care counsellor has been a fun and exciting experience. The coworkers and staff are very kind and treat everyone equally. The YMCA ensures a safe environment for the staff and children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A very good job for someone’s first job, hours are good for a school schedule. The pay isn’t bad and the job employers are nice people. Also time can be taken off and they will understand.
Hours, pay
On job situations
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
i worked at the YMCA for a few months last year. I was in charge of 30 kids by myself at once. It was extremely difficult to keep track of everyone and caused massive burn out, which is why there was a lack of staffing. The manager was nice. Coworkers were nice. I was underpaid and overworked. Poor working conditions. I was not satisfied with working at the YMCA
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I felt as though there was a lack of control and organization. We would prepare lesson plans for the week of activities for the children and there was never the supplies we needed. The supervisor wasn’t always there to help. There weren’t enough counselors to deal with the amount of children. It made working effectively very hard.
Pro érvek
The children were amazing.
Kontra érvek
Short hours, pay not enough for the stress
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA overall isn't a job for anyone ; you have to have patience with children . The hours you get are not always guaranteed. Depending on who ever your boss is .
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great experience to learn about schools and working with others and kids. I’ve met many new people, gained new friendships, and learned many new things.
Pro érvek
A great experience to meet new people.
Not too many hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I unfortunately had to leave my job because I moved far and had to juggle school and work. I would be very happy to work with YMCA again and do plan to in the future.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have to have a service mindset if you work for the YMCA. As a Christian, the Spiritual benefits of serving others in the community far outweigh the
material/tangible benefits of pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Have loved my time at this company, and have learned many valuable skills that will help in my future careers. I have truly enjoyed my time at the Y .
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everything is great. People that I workout with, they are very nice and the managers are super supportive. I believe it was the best spot for me to work.
Very great
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked for 4 years and only received a 15 cent raise. I felt like I wasn't being paid enough for the work, the management was very tight with money.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although the pay isn't the best, the YMCA provides a fun place to work where there is never a moment where you are not being uplifted. The managers and people in charge make sure that you are always happy, and will find a way to make you happy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The application process was a bit long including multiple online trainings and certifications. There was many job opportunities for weekends and breaks when after school care was not in session, like camps and child care at the main gym.
free gym membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working the child care programs at the YMCA is basically babysitting a bunch of kids at once so it can get hectic but it always works out and the kids have a great time. It can be hard but it is rewarding to have the appreciation of both parent and child.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would work there again. It was a nice job to work with kids. I got to mentor younger kids and give them tips for when they are older. I like the job because I’m good at helping people.