Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Program Leader

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
117 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 777 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work has a concrete schedule. The only unpredictable part are external and sometimes student behavior. I learned a lot of interpersonal communication, and it was a great start job for those who may not know what to do in any career and can use this as a stepping stone to figure it out. Hardest part of the job is having it understaffed and the students can be highly energetic, not sociable at all, and quite good depending on days and variables. It's an emotional roller coaster. The most enjoyable part of the job are the students. As I said, there are good days too.
Pro érvek
Friendly staff, great starter job, get my steps in
Kontra érvek
Emotionally exhausting for homebodies, strict policies
Munkahelyi kultúra
The manager who had to be on maternity leave in 2019 is horrible. I’m not understanding how the CEO, and COO still has her working there. She’s a bully. There’s always drama because of this particular manager. I know for a fact people have complained about her but nothing gets done.The job is great if you are in high school. If you’re older than that, run. If this particular manager does not like you, she will purposely be so mean and evil to you so that you can quit. She said it out her own mouth. The job shouldn’t be as stressful but it is because of THAT one manager. Do something about this bully or continue to have people quit.
The kids.
Manager
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked split shifts, which I loved because it gave me time during the day to run errands or relax. Management was always flexible with time off request and I met a lot of great people.
Pro érvek
Casual dress code and getting to play outside with the kids
Kontra érvek
A few of the kids/parents/co-works can be challenging
Munkahelyi kultúra
The managers there are drama filled and go by who they like the best or who gets the placement they like. The managers sit around watching everyone else work. Only about 2 managers are worth working for there. Not very organized. If your older than 21 I wouldn’t bother your time and energy.
Fun working with kids
Managers are rude
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is by far my favorite job in had the pay isn’t good and it’s part time hours are sucky ( after school program leader ) but I have so much fun with kids they really do cheer me up on my bad days ! I got to grow a connection with my kids at the school I worked at and they teach you so much as you teach them .
Having fun with kids
3 hours a day
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work environment is very friendly, the staff is always focused but approachable, and the students are very sweet and engaging when it comes to assigning projects for the After-School program.
Munkahelyi kultúra
When i first started at the YMCA they were going through management change. I feel as if this cause the energy of the workplace to be off. It did not feel as welcoming as it did during my interview period.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned a lot through the mandatory meetings. As an employee in San Francisco, I faced a lot of help through communication. Things were organized and friendly.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA varies with every occupation, as well as the wage. Under the YPHD Department, you work alongside people from all walks of life and interact with children just as unique. A typical day does not exist because every day is different with new experiences and activities. The children can be both easy-going and challenging. The current Head of the YPHD Department is the best boss I've had so far, super understanding and easy to talk to. The pay could be more realistic for the amount of work you get, as it is only a little bit above minimum wage.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The beginning of the year was great but with budget cuts a lot of people were let go and the workload became much larger with out much more of a benefit
Munkahelyi kultúra
It doesn’t give you enough hours and pay. Working with the kids is good experience and management takes time to help us learn and grow. Co-workers are supportive and friendly. It’s an easy going fun environment to work in!
Munkahelyi kultúra
learned how to lead and assist in preparing a creative environment using academic, cultural and recreational enrichment. Supervised participants in the activity areas. Helped students with homework, communicated with school staff, parents and other family members regarding program activities, student needs, academic performance, and events.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay is horrible. They want to control you, they do not like to give you time for family emergency’s they care more about having people cover shifts than to actually change their outlook into wanting to make their employees stay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a good job, but only because i do it for the kids. Other than that, I don't get paid enough for the 15 million meetings on the same thing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA is a great way to learn what being in the workforce is like. Excellent way to build those skills that you begin to develop, very hard to go from part time to full time positions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Only worked here for a short time yet there was no structure on how to teach students and usually, there were a lot of behavioral issues. Also no room for advancement. The management could be improved as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working here. Only 100 hours for 2 weeks however. Good if you're in school or have another job. Hours are 230-530 every weekday so kind of inconvenient.
Munkahelyi kultúra
just watched kids before and afterschool. the other leaders were nice to work with, travling across town to go to the schools every day. management wasn't good
Munkahelyi kultúra
very comfortable family culture. families and staff are very cool people. the most enjoyable part for me is learning things from the student sometimes things i did not.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the YMCA, but not an organization that one can move up in. The culture of the leadership and supervisors is not as genuine and honest as I would’ve liked.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced work field, need to be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines in short notice. Multi tasking is a highly needed. Problem solving on the daily.