YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Program Director

219 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 28 254 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding work, but expectations dont match pay
Program Director/Manager (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indiana2020, február 17.
Ultimately expected to cram 60 hours of work into 40 hours while managing multiple areas. Pay does not match expectations at all. My position has been in constant turnover for years. Work can be rewarding at times but its demoralizing when you give so much to make programs successful and your contributions are dismissed. Employees are literally told to "drink the kool-aid." Company loves to preach about family first values but when it comes to their employees they expect them to be okay with being over worked and under paid.
1,0
Abusive and Discriminatory Management
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montgomery, AL2020, február 6.
This is an organization that says they are most concerned with the well being and improvement of the local community. However, once you are employed by them all they care about is money, it is not uncommon for a manager to confront an employee and demand higher participation or that the current income, despite being higher than last year, is unacceptable.

Do yourself a favor and avoid this company, at least here in Montgomery.
Lack of minority staff
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2020, január 28.
Diversity and inclusivity are not a priority for this organization. Training and development are given to the staff that are considered “the in group”.
Great
Director of Before and After Program (Volt alkalmazott) –  Clearwater, FL2020, január 25.
Loved working for this company. Loved working with kids. Their training is well organized and their systems are very established and easy to follow and maintain.
Great Place to Make an Impact
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2020, január 19.
Loved getting to work with different aspects of the community. Really felt appreciated by the parents and kids that we worked with. Team environment was a great place to be.
Program Staff
Program Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Medicine Hat, AB2019, október 6.
Every day at the YMCA is fun and full of lots to do! The management works well with you to support and train you as opportunity arises. Free in house training is available for job requirements. You feel like a part of a family even from different members of the team from other work locations, departments or levels of management. One of the most enjoyable jobs I've ever had!
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work
Program Director Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Jackie Robinson YMCA2019, szeptember 17.
Collaborated with teachers and administrators to develop and evaluate school programs including physical and art by sharing student success data and insights. Managing and mentoring program between 1st and 8th-grade students, increasing student development and enthusiasm for learning. Administrated a team of faculty to develop after-school tutorial program for students in need of extra help. Met with parents to resolve conflicting educational priorities and issues. File papers when needed in order to keep office settings and deadlines on time. Solve problems between staff, parents and program director. Make schedule for payroll of staffing and student activities. Support staff to create an organized office setting and better learning opportunity for students.
Pro érvek
Learn something new every day
Lack of growth
Would not recommend.
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix, AZ2019, szeptember 8.
The Valley of the Sun YMCA is not a stable place to work. They prefer to constantly replace staff and supervisors instead of offering support and training. Leadership go on FMLA, Maternity Leave, or Vacation, and return to a pink slip. Emails go out monthly with the newest terminations.

The branch and corporate leadership teams once had diverse representation, but now are overwhelmingly white, blonde, and young. Older staff and people of color were pushed out to hire and pay for relocation of friends and family of the CEO and COO.

On the front line, your experience is almost completely dependent on which location you work at and who you happen to have as a supervisor. You could luck out, but you'll likely have a new supervisor after a few months.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Be Aware
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Irving, TX2019, szeptember 3.
The Metropolitan Dallas School Age Services Department has a Senior Manager that creates a hostile and racially discriminatory environment. This manager is rewarded for her discriminatory actions and consistently targets minority to harass or terminate.
Be aware that hard work and dedication will not provide job security. The hostile work environment in School Age Services is not healthy nor provides opportunities of support for
African Americans.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Hectic and unfocused
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  YMCA of Pawtucket2019, augusztus 5.
Hectic place to work, senior management team is focused on running the organization more like a business than a non-profit organization. Little to no resources are available to mid-level managers or frontline staff. Positions pay minimum wage causing extreme turn over and higher than average expectations for frontline staff.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
Poor leadership and Greed
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Meadowlands Area YMCA2019, augusztus 2.
This particular YMCA not all. Extremely poor leadership, bullying from secretary, lies to public, has no interest in serving families with lower fees, charging the same as privately owned programs. No loyalty to staff. New CEO in place haven't heard anything positive about him.
Pro érvek
flexible home/work life (when I was there)
Kontra érvek
poor pay scale for responsibility, poor leadership, Greedy salary of higher ups, does not act as a charity or help families enough.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 4NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved what I was doing and a lot of people working in the organization but did not feel inclusive nor strengthening community.
Early Childhood Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Omaha, NE2019, július 30.
A typical day of work for me was arriving at work 30 minutes before the center opened in and out of ratio. Managing staff, giving breaks and completing the daily paperwork. I learned a lot about how to run a early childhood program, train and manage staff but had to deal with too much drama from administration staff. When every I had a great idea to improve the program, I was often told to good leaders lead quietly, so I would have to say that the hardest part about the job was the lack of being allowed to talk at the table or offer any input as a leader. I was allowed to just be a present body as it was often disappointing because it did not coincide with the organizations model of being inclusive and strengthening community. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with my staff whom worked under my leadership the full 2 years I was a childhood Director, interacting with the families and their children during our family night/day functions. It was a great experience but overall had to resign due to the hostile and toxic organizational culture.
A Family
Program Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Jacksonville, FL2019, július 3.
The Y is a wonderful place to work if you are willing to really commit. The Y is a family that will support you and hold you accountable to your best self.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun depending on the branch
Program Director, Youth Development (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Hollywood, CA2019, július 1.
The culture from location to location varies but overall everyone’s is friendly and helpful. Employees get a complimentary gym membership and 20% discount on most programs.
Pro érvek
Opportunities for growth, good benefits
Low hourly rate
Munkahelyi kultúra
long hours with no reward
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Buffalo, NY2019, június 15.
Program Directors at YMCA Buffalo Niagara do not last and are constantly leaving due to the toxic environment and the underappreciated atmosphere. People are expendable and not valued with this organization from the top down. Crazy long hours for salaried workers with nights and weekends every week. They should only hire orphaned single people with no outside interests. There is zero work/life balance and no way to be successful unless big changes are made. The only positive was some of the great coworkers and the free family membership.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2Nem 1Jelentés
great place to work
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Phoenix AZ2019, május 28.
I put youth with mentors to keep them off the streets or from getting into illegal activities. Hardest part was when program ended for the families. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the happy faces of the youth when they met their mentor.
use gyms/ join classes
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
So much opportunity but.....
Program Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lansing, MI2019, április 29.
The YMCA has so much potential and should be a fab place to work, yet upper management doesn't care enough about its members or staff to take care of the buildings that are falling apart around them. Trying to promote programs in dirty, decrepit buildings in a challenge. Staff at the Y are underpaid compared to our counterparts in the community. Evaluations are based on the facility as a whole, not on your job description thus set up for failure and no raises. There currently seems to be no vision for this organization.
Pro érvek
Flexible schedules, retirement plan, access to fitness center and pool for free
Kontra érvek
Healthcare, poor evaluation process, dirty facility, low wage
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
Fun place to work
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Paul, MN2019, április 16.
This was the best place to work! I loved the atmosphere and The opportunity to work with others and make a difference in peoples lives. I learned how to run a program. How to work with many people and how to balance the demands of life. I also had paid for training for my certificates. Something that I truly valued and miss. I will never forget the memories I made there.
Pro érvek
Free gym membership, free certification classes, discount family memberships
No health insurance
My job description
Assistant Program Director/Site Lead (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Baytown, TX2019, március 22.
I work as a site lead for an afterschool program for the YMCA at an elementary school. I work as a fitness assistant and assistant director as well in the mornings.
Mission Driven
Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Albany, NY2019, március 4.
Mission driven
Promotes from within
invests in employees
Compensation is only intended to be good at director & beyond levels
Association continues to put the Troy branch on bottom of priority list
Mission Driven
Compensation
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van