Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Program Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
Program Counselor15 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
15 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 022 értékelés megtekintése
Great Introduction into childcare
I would arrive in the afternoon and have a meeting with the director and co workers. We would set up our space and wait for the children to arrive. We would start with homework and then follow up with an activity. There were designated times for gym and outdoor play.

I learned that maturity goes a long way in the work place and that hiring your friends is not always beneficial for the work place. As far as the kids, I learned about different upbringings and how little some children get to experience due to economic difficulties.

My management was also their for support but lacked in experience to effectively solve employee conflict. My co workers at times lacked maturity in decision making but had excellent relationships with the children.

The hardest part of my job was not feeling included with the rest of the staff. There were times where I did not feel I had support on certain issues. The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to meet children who come from different backgrounds and learn new things about culture and my community.
Relationships with the children
Lack of staff inclusion
2,0
Mistreatment
I spent 3 months of training only for none of it to actually prepare me for the job. It was my first time having to manage large groups of kids and I wasn't prepared at all for it; they immediately pushed me into the more rowdy group of kids on the first day and the few days after, expecting me to know how to handle all the chaos on my own when I was just barely learning the kids' names. Apparently they don't want you to learn, either, since they didn't even give me a chance to. I had only worked for two months before they began cutting my hours, making me leave after only an hour of work because "there were too many counselors and too little kids." Soon I was laid off. Don't post that you're urgently hiring if you don't need more employees, then! But I surely learned a lot from working with the kids. As far as the job itself goes, though, I didn't have the best experience.
Pro érvek
Interacting with the kids one-on-one
Kontra érvek
Cutting hours, unorganized, doesn't allow you to learn
Great for a first job
I would say working at the YMCA was a great way for me to get my foot in the door as far as program management went. It allowed me to work on my own and put together a program without the stress of a more high end event. It gave me great time management and communication skills they I have taken with me in my other ventures.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working for this company. I am still part time and love how family oriented they are
I love this company. My children were welcomed here while I was on shift . I had a flexible schedule and was able to work around children which I loved to do.
Favorite Place Ever
Grew up going to and working at this YMCA. If it wasn't for having a seasonal job I would work there all year. It is one of the most transformational job opportunities I have had.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
YMCA's are great!
You get to work in a positive and health motivated environment. Pay was bad, but job was great. Management was decent. Free gym memberships are great though!
Gym Membership.
Pay.
Exciting workplace
productive and fun workplace, creative, engaging, diversity in all areas of company, challenging, active/busy environment, ever changing, community focused.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lack of control over children
The YMCA would pay certain workers $4 dollars more then everyone else while they would be doing the same job just because they were older. The kids that we took care of never viewed us, the people in charge of them as adults or authoritative figures since there was a lack of discipline.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work, especially if you love working woth kids. Lots of room for creativity and staff had free range to organize fun events for the kids
I thoroughly enjoyed working as an after school counselor for the YMCA. I worked at a public elementary school and children attended the program from grades K-5. I had an infinite amount of freedom to create and implement various activities, projects, etc. for the students.
Pro érvek
Friendly staff, good supervision, frequent team meetings and trainings, opportunities to be creative
productive workplace
worked with kids and the program kids in the summer camp. You will have to watch and look over kids and instruct them with certain activities and group activities with the camp kids.overall varies amongst different camps.
fun, camp, experience
kids
Fun workplace
The YMCA is a fun workplace. Helping kids learn new things, play fun activities, and feeding them is very rewarding. Employees and supervisors communicate very well also.
Best Experience of my life
I worked here for a few seasons and I loved it. I was pushed to the end of my rope and was always worn out. Breaks were rare and meals were sporadic but it honestly was so worth it and I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Pro érvek
room and board, kids, culture
heavy workload, stress, mosquitos
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall great place to work
The morning program really allows you to build relationships with these kids and to make a difference in their education. Whether it be helping them with homework or simply playing a board game. Management is great, and so are the co-workers. Every now and then they are really low on staff and hire people on the spot so you get stuck having to really train someone while also trying to take care of your responsibilities but it is worth it. The hardest part is the early mornings, bring at the school at 630 in the morning while also being a college student is rough but still enjoyable.
Working with kids
Dont pay quite enough
Munkahelyi kultúra
great atmosphere but low pay
I love working here, the people are great. The company is a really good one to work for. Only downfall is low pay so you have to love what you do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Families First working with the general public
This was a great place to work. The staff members worked well with each other. They worked well with the school districts and the youth courts.
További YMCA-értékelések megtekintése
Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés