Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Preschool Teacher

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
394 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 771 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
While working at the YMCA I have enjoyed working with the children in my classroom. That being said I feel like they are very unorganized because no one really knows whats going on from department to department. They will spring things on you last minute, for example they told me right before I got off that there would be a mandatory meeting across town at another YMCA. The communication is horrible. They have a director that also has to be a lead teacher running a program with two classrooms. Often times its stressful. We don't have the staff to help if you want to take time off or have an appointment. I asked for two days off the whole time I worked there and I was met with attitude both times. The preschool has no proper bathrooms so we have to go into a hall where the children have to wait. There is a lot of gossip, and people talking behind other peoples backs. If you reach out to management they will help a little bit and hear you out, but a lot of times if you want real change you get the brush off.
Benefits, free gym
Communication, unorganized, gossip
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a preschool teacher for the YMCA. I loved my coworkers and the Director of the preschool. The pay was horrible for all the work we did. The job was fun but stressful becuase some kids had behavior issues. Overall, the company did not support the teachers and the director much. It felt like the compnay did not appreciate our work.
closed on weekends
horrible pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The older cowerkers picked at younger ones the manager didn’t know her center always was to busy to help with anything the kids were being moved back and fourth from classrooms no consistency one lady been there 15 years only make $10
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked there for over 15 years in the Milford woodruff Family YMCA. I have seen and witnessed horrible things that should never have happened. I worked in the preschool. Parents keep your kids out of there. They play mind games and and change rules and all this in that it's a bi joke. Management don't know anything!!! . The staff is horrible. Letting dangerous things that should not been happening just go. I would never suggest anyone working there that has a conscience.. I also would not ever bring my ki d s there to be cared for!! I'm only speaking on the Milford y . I don't know about the others. But woodruff family Y should be shut down in the preschool. The pay was aweful!! Nearly raises.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love the environment, I had great coworkers. Awesome benefits and great pay. I felt happy working there. Overall, I think we need more preschools like that.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall good place to work very stable everyone gets along. The hours are flexible and lunches and breaks are on point comes with free gym the children love spending time with you
Flexibility
Need more workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
(YMCA Childcare) working for the company has good flexible schedule and comfortable environment, However, there are constant changes to your shifts last minute. Staffs will randomly be called to go to a different site during their shifts. Very disorganized when planning for activities and children are not respected at times. Very understaffed. I remember working twice while I was extremely ill.
Flexible schedule
Kontra érvek
disorganized, staff disrespected, no paid holidays or sick leave, understaffed, demanding
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here and had three different roles over the time that I was employeed. The only negative thing I have to say is that when I left to go school I was unable to get my job back even though they were and still is hiring.
Pro érvek
Exciting, fun kids, lots of training opportunities
Kontra érvek
No raises, co workers some time slack off, no room for growth
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve been with the YMCA Head Start for a year And a Half. Their expectations of you were higher than the pay! Too much favoritism in the workplace. Because of COVID 19, I was forced to quit my job. The YMCA HeadStart did not have Alternatives for me. It's just sad that a huge company ”Headstart.” we lack a lot of professionalism in the workplace. Then talk about not able to get unemployment! They don't give unemployment!!!!
Working With Kids
Low Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I assisted the lead teacher with lessons, crafts, writing, stories, dancing, coloring and play time. Writing observations. Outside play. Get the children ready for kindergarten
Munkahelyi kultúra
The main director of the facility is a terrific guy who does an excellent job! He is also in charge of the after school program and is very personable, friendly & solution oriented.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has great core values and advocates for them however it has taken a lot of persistence to create beneficial change for employees pf youth development, such as better wages, increased appreciation and acknowlegdement. The health insurance is phenomenal in coverage including transgender needs and mental health, but can ne hard to maintain year round with seasonal postions on YDS. overall, a good place to work, just be an advocste for yourself and you persistent in requests.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked the after school program with children in grades 5 through 7. We engaged in teaching home skills, writing, math, english, arts and crafts. My class was eager to discuss home issues, family problems, future desires, goals and dreams. We took various field trips, which promoted learning, imagination and wholesome fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have enjoyed a wonderful career at The Y. I have worked in several departments at multiple branches, and all were great learning opportunities. Through my experience at The Y, I have learned a great deal about child care, classroom management and working with a team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y loves to talk about how they help the community but they can’t take care of their own staff. Numbers over people should be their motto cause that’s all they care about
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a wonderful place to work. Many opportunities to grow and and amazing outreach to the community. Working here allowed me to grow in my field, make great connections and contributions to the community. Compensation was reasonable however, opportunities for full time employment were limited.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall it’s really a good place to work, every job have it’s up and down, but it’s all about the kids and making sure they are safe and tooking care of.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my time working at the Y. There are opportunities to grow. Starting as an entry level assistant teacher, they paid for me to take classes to advance to lead teacher.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience at the Y has been very welcoming and accommodating. As a part -time employee who was in school full time, the management was always willing to work with my schedule. Since working at the Y, however, it has been saddening to see the amount of work the lead teachers are expected to do without, what I believe to be, proper compensation. Unfortunately, childcare is not seen as a priority in the career hierarchy. The compensation for the amount of work could be a lot better, but overall, it is a great place to work.
Pro érvek
Warm, friendly work environment, filled with individuals who are passionate about child development
Kontra érvek
Compensation is not nearly as much as it should be
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Edwardsville Illinois Y was not anything close to being what the YMCA stood for. There is no good management. These women that work here and trust me some have worked at this dead end job for years and years if that doesn’t tell you about them. They pretend to be your friend and then stab you in the back before you left the room. Typical jealous women work here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a friendly and fun environment to work in. I enjoyed working with the clients as well as the staff. The Executive Director listened to the needs of the program directors and made sure each program had the tools it needed to be successful.