Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Preschool Teacher

Munkakör megnevezése
Preschool Teacher389 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
389 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 386 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Y is a very rewarding job. Working with kids for almost a decade I’ve gotten to see a lot of kids grow up. I still see some of my students around Reston and it is always a joy to see them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall good place to work very stable everyone gets along. The hours are flexible and lunches and breaks are on point comes with free gym the children love spending time with you
Flexibility
Need more workers
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
(YMCA Childcare) working for the company has good flexible schedule and comfortable environment, However, there are constant changes to your shifts last minute. Staffs will randomly be called to go to a different site during their shifts. Very disorganized when planning for activities and children are not respected at times. Very understaffed. I remember working twice while I was extremely ill.
Flexible schedule
Kontra érvek
disorganized, staff disrespected, no paid holidays or sick leave, understaffed, demanding
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here and had three different roles over the time that I was employeed. The only negative thing I have to say is that when I left to go school I was unable to get my job back even though they were and still is hiring.
Pro érvek
Exciting, fun kids, lots of training opportunities
Kontra érvek
No raises, co workers some time slack off, no room for growth
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve been with the YMCA Head Start for a year And a Half. Their expectations of you were higher than the pay! Too much favoritism in the workplace. Because of COVID 19, I was forced to quit my job. The YMCA HeadStart did not have Alternatives for me. It's just sad that a huge company ”Headstart.” we lack a lot of professionalism in the workplace. Then talk about not able to get unemployment! They don't give unemployment!!!!
Working With Kids
Low Pay
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I assisted the lead teacher with lessons, crafts, writing, stories, dancing, coloring and play time. Writing observations. Outside play. Get the children ready for kindergarten
Munkahelyi kultúra
The main director of the facility is a terrific guy who does an excellent job! He is also in charge of the after school program and is very personable, friendly & solution oriented.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has great core values and advocates for them however it has taken a lot of persistence to create beneficial change for employees pf youth development, such as better wages, increased appreciation and acknowlegdement.
The health insurance is phenomenal in coverage including transgender needs and mental health, but can ne hard to maintain year round with seasonal postions on YDS.

overall, a good place to work, just be an advocste for yourself and you persistent in requests.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked the after school program with children in grades 5 through 7. We engaged in teaching home skills, writing, math, english, arts and crafts. My class was eager to discuss home issues, family problems, future desires, goals and dreams. We took various field trips, which promoted learning, imagination and wholesome fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have enjoyed a wonderful career at The Y. I have worked in several departments at multiple branches, and all were great learning opportunities. Through my experience at The Y, I have learned a great deal about child care, classroom management and working with a team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y loves to talk about how they help the community but they can’t take care of their own staff. Numbers over people should be their motto cause that’s all they care about
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a wonderful place to work. Many opportunities to grow and and amazing outreach to the community.
Working here allowed me to grow in my field, make great connections and contributions to the community. Compensation was reasonable however, opportunities for full time employment were limited.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall it’s really a good place to work, every job have it’s up and down, but it’s all about the kids and making sure they are safe and tooking care of.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my time working at the Y. There are opportunities to grow. Starting as an entry level assistant teacher, they paid for me to take classes to advance to lead teacher.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience at the Y has been very welcoming and accommodating. As a part -time employee who was in school full time, the management was always willing to work with my schedule. Since working at the Y, however, it has been saddening to see the amount of work the lead teachers are expected to do without, what I believe to be, proper compensation. Unfortunately, childcare is not seen as a priority in the career hierarchy. The compensation for the amount of work could be a lot better, but overall, it is a great place to work.
Pro érvek
Warm, friendly work environment, filled with individuals who are passionate about child development
Kontra érvek
Compensation is not nearly as much as it should be
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Edwardsville Illinois Y was not anything close to being what the YMCA stood for. There is no good management. These women that work here and trust me some have worked at this dead end job for years and years if that doesn’t tell you about them. They pretend to be your friend and then stab you in the back before you left the room. Typical jealous women work here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a friendly and fun environment to work in. I enjoyed working with the clients as well as the staff. The Executive Director listened to the needs of the program directors and made sure each program had the tools it needed to be successful.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyday is different. The children bring different moods, stories, laughter, and tears to share. Each day I learn something new about my students and I also learn different developments that my students are going through. I play with my students and I also observe them to fill out their assessments. We eat together, we play together, and I am also their to rock their cots for nap time. The hardest part of my job is the classroom management. Getting all of my students focused during circle time. I want them to all be engaged, but I still have some who just do their own thing. I have tried different strategies, but that only works for so long. The most enjoyable time I have with my students is lunch time. We share stories about our lives which is interesting to hear. My classroom and the staff at the Greater Waterbury YMCA is very diverse and I absolutely love it. We all get to learn new things about different cultures and backgrounds.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very high stressful work environment if you actually do your job.
Great place to start out but no long term opportunities. They change your shift if you accepted or not. They do ask you , but they don’t respect you . I told them “ it will not work for my family and I got hired for my shift” but they didn’t care. They told me at the interview “ they support women “ but actually they don’t.
Pro érvek
Good salary to start with
Kontra érvek
Very very long day, and sometime you need your break to finish your paperwork.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Benefits are nice, but the pay is low. The children as always engaged and learning. This is a fast-paced environment. The childcare center uses Frog Street Curriculum and embraces the Conscious Discipline method of conflict management/teaching. Children are definitely the future, and it would be nice to have higher pay in this field.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don't be fooled by the facade during the interview. It's a lie. You never get out on time and the management and front desk treat you like dirt beneath their shoes. This is by far the worst place I have ever worked
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés