Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Personal Trainer

505 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 756 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working at the YMCA. You get to meet new people every day and gain experience in helping them with their fitness goals. Although the YMCA of Montgomery Village has been closed for several years now my experience there was rewarding.
Pro érvek
Meeting new people on a daily basis
No job security
Munkahelyi kultúra
Opportunity to grow within the company
The YMCA is a positive and community-centered place to work. They support their employees as well as members and provide avenues for health and community engagement. I am allowed to share creative ideas and given support to implement them if approved. My supervisors are supportive while also challenging - they encourage me to go the extra step for my clients and the environment of the brand. The most enjoyable part of my job is connecting with different members and clients daily, encouraging others to be healthy and strong. The toughest part of my job is managing the requirements of the association office while also working to deliver the best member experience possible.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Flexible job involving engaging interactions with clients
Working at the YMCA offers a unique opportunity to interact with and develop relationships with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds and goals.
Personal Trainer
I worked for the YMCA during my undergraduate years. it was a great experience. I worked alongside tenured trainers and learned how to communicate with different population types.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun place to work
The YMCA is a great place to work. Staff and administrators and friendly.
I like being in fitness setting and being around like minded people.

Workplace culture is excellent.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work and interact with members
Fun place to work and interact with members. Diverse workforce and membership base. Culturally sensitive. Opportunities for advancement exist.
You don't always hear from management about the vision or what's in the pipeline until it happens.
Many unprofessional employees
Happy to be employed in such a nice facility. Flexible schedule and hours diverse staff lots of training if you apply yourself. Staff could be kinder. Not a lot of staff support with unfriendly co workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Need to accomodate to employees who temporarily have career progression within the organisation
Upon being lucky enough to gain some career progression as a secondment position within the organisation I was then just demoted back to previous role with no consideration of gained experience
Best Job
You meet people everyday and learn so much about fitness while working here. Your role is to make sure everything is under control in the gym and to assist those who need help.
2,0
Great clients, bad management
While my direct supervisor is fine, the YMCA in general is poorly managed to the point of near chaos. Administrative support is almost non existent, and communication between senior management and staff is embarrassingly bad. I've frequently had to learn about facility and program issues from my clients.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
decent place to work if your a student
Not the best place to work if your a fitness professional or looking to advance your fitness knowledge. Spent more time cleaning than training clients. The facility has more emphasis on teaching classes as opposed to working with someone one on one. Management could be better, not to point fingers it just seemed like management cared more about their own agenda than promoting fitness and building a relationship with staff. With that being said its almost impossible to move up in the ymca as a whole.
free membership
Kontra érvek
cleaning, one of two shifts opening or closing, management
Fun place to work
Amazing atmosphere, great people. Pay was on the low side but everybody was friendly. Management was a bit scattered but they were very friendly and caring towards all concerns.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with a awesome sense of community, family and purpose
I have worked with the Sarasota YMCA for 22 years and have loved my experiences and the people there. The ability to make a difference in people’s lives is a wonder feeling
Munkahelyi kultúra
The ability to create your own work schedule is there. You will have the option to open/close and work short shifts if that is what accommodates you.
The Weston location is very upbeat, ton of staff around the building at all times, and the opportunity to grow within the company is there. You will see that the environment is very diverse and the ability to network is great.
Family Friendly
Kontra érvek
Teenagers not having manners.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My work provides a welcoming atmosphere that allows members to interact freely with workers.
The Y provides a sense of purpose by ensuring our success helps us provide more for our community. The flexibility in my work schedule is great, because it allows me to pick up my son from school and take time out for emergencies.
Pro érvek
summer camps, parents night out, family events
Limited opportunity for growth
Munkahelyi kultúra
diversity in programs group ex and staff are great
pay could be a little better for the amount of things i do,
but all in all i wouldn't like to be in a corporate gym too many rules and standards to be y innovating
split shifts
Overall great place
Overall great place. Super friendly environment! All of the staff are great for the most and it’s just easy to get things done with the support system in place
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work environment, low pay
You get a chance to meet fantastic people energetic people. I am a personal trainer and have worked at other health clubs, this is one of the best environments. A great part time job, not a career move. Low pay.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Uncertified Staff and Fitness Trainers.
Simply put, If you have a sob story this is the place for you, because that’s the only way your going to get ahead

Worked at Tong Louie YMCA brutal Management, they bring in good managers and then get rid of them, Something very wrong

Received minimal pay below industry standards and they try and bleed you for more money to their “charity”

Beware the blonde personal trainer, she has a angry streak and doesn’t care Swears at people and is Just nasty bb hated working here, they had a good manager and they got rid of him Do not work here
Over Whelming feeling of Community
4 years soon to be 5 strong at the Y, and theres so much I could say but to simplify people of all positions are attentive and pay attention to the needs of not only members but us the employees. As for the culture and community i'm constantly greeted by members and employees everyday I work or workout and i'm always learning new things about each individual. I am forever grateful being part of the Y.
Like working with family
All the members at the Y are like family, including the other employees. Everyone is always saying 'hello'. Overall it was a very positive environment even with the changes in leadership in a few of the departments.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés