Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Membership Coordinator

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
77 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 779 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great staff. Great People. An amazing place to work. It is very fun and enjoyable to work here. This is a place where people are very passionate about what they do.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love working with the members and close staff. Upper management (specifically poor;y allocated CEOs and under developed individuals who who do not have the experience to properly execute their Director positions. This goes for Boston as well as LA)The Y used to be a great place to work and support the community. Now it's all red tape and incredibly mismanaged coast to coast. Am actually happy that the pandemic shut them down. Even during these challenging times they cower. What a sad waste of a brilliant institution.
Pro érvek
Working with the community and changing people's lives
Upper management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have seen incredible impact for the youth and families in our community. I believe in the mission of the YMCA. The families that enter through the door are sometimes searching for ways to better their lives and we help with that. The staff, members and program participants are like family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a great family friendly environment. You will meet a lot of amazing people here.They are all about their members. I just wished the cared about their staff the same way. If you get in good with the right people there is defiantly room for advancement. They will definitely over work you if you don't stand your ground.
Pro érvek
Networking, great environment, lovely people
Kontra érvek
over worked and under paid
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a great place to work part-time if you're a student, Mom, or empty-nester. It's inclusive to all different kinds of people and has a strong community. The pay isn't great but there are opportunities for growth within the organization.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job where I loved many things & did not love many things. Like the interactions with members and made close friends with coworkers. Learned a lot about myself while working in this environment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed my time at The Y. I started out as a volunteer and made my way up to Membership Coordinator over the 15 years that I was there. I loved working with my co-workers and loved going to work every day!
Family oriented
Not a full time job
Munkahelyi kultúra
friendly atmosphere and opportunities for career advancement, awesome co-workers, great instructors and programs for the members, Very professional environment
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hours are not the best and all membership desk personnel are part timers making $9.38/hr. The position is not for everyone, you need to be alert and responsible. The staff was friendly and overall like a second family. Management is management. The only improvement I would suggest for the YMCA in general is that management should not expect a $9.38/hour employee to work and act as if they are receiving $20/hr.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working as the Membership and Marketing Coordinator, there were no days that were the same. Each day came with new challenges and new strategies to attack those challenges. The job had a very "on the fly" feel, and being able to communicate to different demographics was mandatory. The job teaches you to think both objectively and subjectively which made working there fun and gratifying.
Pro érvek
Great challenges, great team, very gratifying.
Very old facility
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a friendly place to work and also create or maintain a healthy life style. The staff are always helpful and the branches are always clean.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The overall culture of the YMCA offers great diversity; it has the potential for countless good things to offer. If I were in a relocation situation I would work for a YMCA to learn the culture of the area. Each YMCA is unique. The success of a the Y (individual region) depends on the CEO, Executive Directors and their level of involvement and commitment to staff and community I have taken both positive and negative experiences to build my management experience moving forward. The BEST part of working for the YMCA is the members it serves each day. It is a pleasure to build bridges, make life long friendships and partnerships with individuals I would otherwise not have met.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The one issue that I did have was that there was not much communication within my branch, not within the association. Given my position as head of membership and the front desk, I needed to know what was going on. It got better but there were still issues at times.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love the YMCA and everything it stands for. But you are expected to work more than you are paid as well as volunteer for everything. Salary for a full-time employee running two departments was severely low, forcing me to take another job opportunity to make ends meet. Co-workers are family, just poor pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Need more training for new employees. They train employees very generally and need to spend more time on the specifics of the job and more hands on realistic scenarios.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The work is relatively easy, once you learn all the procedures; however, some of the procedures are tedious and even pointless at times. This is mostly due to CEOs creating regulations and rules without any practical applications. The customers and staff are usually friendly. It is not too difficult for part-time employees to advance within their locations "internal tiers", but it can be difficult for part-timers to advance into full-time positions sometimes. The free gym membership is definietely a bonus. Many people use the YMCA as a stable stepping stool for other things/careers they are pursuing. Just remember: it's a non-profit organization, so you won't be getting paid much.
Free Gym Membership, Friendly Co-Workers
Limited/Slow Advancement, Pointless Procedures
Munkahelyi kultúra
During a 5 hour shift, I was 2/3 at the front desk greeting members and processing application, termination and distributing information regarding programs. I would also give tours and trained new employees. The other 1/3, I was doing administrative duties, which included bank deposit, invoices, minutes at board meetings and drawing up contracts for facility rentals and lock ins.
Pro érvek
Free membership and flexible hours
Kontra érvek
not able to work full time
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started working at the Blue Ash YMCA in September of 2017, and I had to learn Daxko which is the computer system the YMCA uses. When the new Director was hired a few months ago the workplace has been awful. The employees have really low moral at the time and it doesn't look like it's going to get better.
What I mentioned above.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working for the Y, except my last 3 years. Things changed, people changed and it made it not fun or enjoyable anymore. The Y eliminated my position from Easton.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love the members that come into the facility. They are amazing walks of life. Very high paced though so if you cannot handle high paced (phones, questions, registrations etc.) it would not be a good fit. Must love what you do for this job!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my time with the Y and the ability to be able to serve the community, However, the lack of hours was extremely hard to be able to support my family and resulted in my leaving to take on full time employment