Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Member Services Representative

Munkakör megnevezése
Member Services Representative534 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
534 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 530 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workers looked out for each other and management was kind and caring regarding employees and helping them maintain work/life balance.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is no career advancement at the YMCA. Low hourly pay. Benefits used to be amazing but for the past few years they kept getting reduced. The managers will bury you with work without compensating you telling you there is an "etc" in your job description. Office culture is terrible. It feels like the more you "tattle" on someone or throw them under the bus, the more praise and benefits you get from it.
Flexible schedule
hourly pay, benefits, culture
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy my work at the Y. They are willing to work around my schedule and days that I need off. Give training when new things come up. Encourage employees to get involved with activities offered.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Not getting paid for sick days.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You're not going to get paid what you're worth, and certainly won't get paid for the amount of tasks you wind up doing. As a MSR you work front desk, check people in by scanning cards, provide info, sell memberships and set them all up in the computer, take payments, enroll people in classes, and so much more. But also you will be asked to make calls to people who have past due balances and get them to pay and encourage them to be active members again. You will make calls to raise funds. You may be asked to make reference inquiry calls on people they're looking to hire. In other words, the YMCA will get you to do $15 of work for minimum wage. You can get promoted... if you suck up and are in with the right people. Customers actually are for the most part, great people. I got to know many of them and enjoyed chatting with them. I enjoyed helping people who had to apply for scholarships, because it meant I was giving a low-income family a way to be active and healthy. A lot of the employees were great too, it's just that the internal nepotism wore me down
Pro érvek
Great customer base, free use of branches
low wages, clique culture
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a really great place to work if you're looking for a free gym membership and a way to meet people within your community but paths to advancement are not defined to the point that they don't exist.
Also the bigoted behavior of long time employees will wear on you.

I was hired into a managerial role because of my degree and years of HR experience but was compensated poorly and was not given growth opportunities.
Pro érvek
Free gym membership, simple work
Kontra érvek
No path to promotion, not a great work culture, low pay, bad benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is one of the best places I have worked. Coworkers are super friendly and welcoming. Patrons who comes into the facility usually leave with a smile on their face which makes the job easy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a family who creates a safe, fun and healthy environment for everyone. We all work well together to make sure our community is supported and loved.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Was great when I first started. Awesome, hardworking front end team and director. New director came and now that entire team has either quit or been made to forcefully resign and management still can't seem to notice what they're doing wrong. Hope they can make some steps to really change how they view their employees.
Pro érvek
Great place to learn some receptionist skills.
Kontra érvek
Poor management will make you quit
Munkahelyi kultúra
Some money went missing from the safe and I didn’t work at the register that day I was teaching a class my manager asked if I had used a register and told her no and she asked around to see if I was lying because there was some money missing and she was trying to pin it on someone else than herself that’s why she got fired for stealing money!!!! Karma
Friendly environment
Shady management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved dealing with the members but what they pay the staff is atrocious. When concerns are brought up they tend to be ignored. There were se*ual assaults on staff that were ignored and also not communicated to staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fun place to work with opportunity to build relationships with staff, members, and the community . Flexible hours and worked around college schedule well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work place for current college students! Most of the employees are college students due to the flexibility the Y offers. Great place to start gathering work experience!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would strongly recommend working at the Y if you love working with people of diverse backgrounds and being part of the community. Requires a positive attitude and self motivation.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working for the Y, just wish they paid me more or what the job is worth. It is a real job with real demands, but the pay does not reflect this.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA was the first company that I worked for. I had great experiences with coworkers and I loved the values of the YMCA. It is not a long-term possibility, though, if you want to have a comfortable lifestyle or if you are the primary bread-winner of the family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Helpful management staff and easy going environment. Mostly college employees, so the team changed often with new faces entering almost monthly. Upper management was mostly helpful but could be unapproachable and tense. Still a fun place to work at part-time with flexible schedule and membership benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you would like to work somewhere with flexible hours and the ability to take days-off, this is great. If you need a job with enough compensation for bills, this should not be your primary income.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Lack of leadership and training everyone is out for themselves and looks to find a fall guy! Not a good place to work at all. Preach christian values yet nobody practices them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Most easiest job I have worked in my whole entire life. Just no communication on most part. If you had a question you need answered, you was told to “Look what the communication log” said? I worked in places before where I had to scrub myself to,get clean before I left. Every day I clocked out, I did so then left right afterward. I never once had to wash my hands when I was fininished working.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work was always a good one. Greeted by nice members of the community. I learned a lot while I was there and I loved my co-workers, they always made the environment so fun and light-hearted. I learned how to be a team player and I learned a lot about cooperation and the importance of community. Management was always so caring and accommodating to whatever was going on in our personal/work lives. I would say the hardest part of the job would be dealing with mean customers sometimes, but hey, life is that way. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with people I genuinely liked.
Munkahelyi kultúra
High turnover. Management awful. Higher up they are very cocky. A lot of favoritism. Lazy folks. Glad I don't work there anymore. Surprised I lasted 3 years. I didn't have another job when I left.
Only what YMCA STAND FOR