Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Manager

Munkakör megnevezése
Manager51 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
51 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 733 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great mission but constant re-orgs and management make this a challenging workplace
The Y has a great mission and huge potential for impact but constant re-organizations and senior leadership make this a challenging and unstable workplace.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a very appreciative company for a charity
As a charity organisation the ymca should treat their employees and volunteers better.We were only told two weeks before the store closed we would lose our jobs.the volunteers didn’t even get a thank you for all their work when we closed down.it was down to me personally to thank them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Would never work for them ever again
Got took on as a manager got handed set of keys and left to get on with it no training no help at all special need helps which I also had to look after so I was not aloud to have a dinner break out side the shop cause there was no other staff
Bad company to work for
No help from higher management, left to sort out problems no training, opened shop from scratch, no help, deadline for opening, then left with no heating or hot water. Like talking to brick wall.
5,0
Yesterday
Best job I’ve had ymca great company pay could have been better,
Area manager wasn’t fantastic she compared a charity shop to a macdonads .conflict between area manager and manager of the shop resulting in manager leaving the shop, me taking over.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced, and always changing direction.
The YMCA is a great place to work for a teenager or for persons with ability issues, but for the rest of us it is an extremely fast paced organisation who expects all employees to work beyond their paid time. Turn over is high and this causes every issue to be a new one as no expertise is retained.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not enjoyable - had different culture and beliefs than my own
Wouldn't want to work there again. Poor management, systems and people aren't professional but not surprising as they don't pay that well.
Not an enjoyable experience - but moved on
Lack of communication
It was an enjoyable job overall, but I had the feeling that the head offices were not in sync with the centres or other programs.

I had a feeling that there was a lot of backstage politics that had a direct impact on the daily life.

However there is nice room for growth in the company, lots of opportunity even for people who are qualified but do not necessarly have diplomas and people are nice.
Content Employee
Great values, great organization. Great work to make sure community has resources. Likes to promote from within. Job stability is a plus. Benefits are good in San Diego.
High stress-low wages-poor management & HR
In over 25 years of working, this was absolutely a nightmare. They do not post jobs. If a job comes open they give it to who is voted most popular or to family and friends. When and if you get a promotion, you may work that position up to 6 months with no additional pay until they are ready to give you the position and that is without back pay. The management are allowed to scream at you, micromanage your movements, talk about you to others managers in front of you. HR department should stand for Horrible Resource. 5 times I submitted a complaints on the same manager for the reasons listed above and was directed back to my manager to discuss the ongoing issues. In this complaint was 4 pages of incidents that occurred in just a week and half. Nothing was done or addressed. Desperate for support I went onto the Facebook page of the HR VP to find that she, in no way would be a person I would go to directly for the support I needed as she bad mouthed any person that did not have her same “limiting beliefs”. I was over charged for benefits that I never got to utilize and was told it would be back dated even though I had put in my notice of resignation after being yelled at the last time from my manager. They denied my exit interview to discuss my benefits explaining that I could just discuss it directly with the retirement company. This is just about 1/4 of what I went through working here and would not recommend this organization to anyone.
Pro érvek
Check deposited each pay period/ retirement
Kontra érvek
Everything else you would hope in employment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun productive place to work
Normal day was fun and relaxing. Helping members was a task at times but its what is expected. Stayed open until 11pm. A lot of kids so many problems arises from that especially teenagers.
free gym membership
only aloud to work 4 hour shifts
enjoyable and hard work
Every day was hard work but rewarding.The hardest part of the job was getting stock in to fill the shelves and the most rewarding part was getting to know the volunteers and customers , the regulars that came in a few times a week for a rumage round and a chat.
5,0
Truely Exceptional Organisation
Focussed on people, staff and service users. Understanding and flexible regarding family/caring responsibilities. A place where inspirational and well respected staff work. Little limited for progression as people don't leave! Job security as with all third sector limited but with innovation and hard work longer term plans are coming together.
Flexible/family friendly, caring
Funding
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for high school and college students looking to network and make a quick buck.
While working front desk management and camp counselor at the YMCA I learned a lot about myself and a lot about the salem community. One of the main takeaways was the idea that being angry and upset is a waste of energy. I say this because it's almost impossible to be mad at the YMCA, even if you tried, because of the calm environment and all of the hopeful kids and the diverse range of adults with kind hearts. This is a great place to work on social skills and digging deeper into who you are as a person. I would absolutely work their again in the future.
Pro érvek
Free gym membership and the social environment.
Kontra érvek
Non-Profit organization which means low pay all around.
Flexible work hours
It was a fun experience and I’m glad I worked there that long. They really helped me grow and experience what it’s like to be in charge. I’m glad they also worked with my schedule.
Flexible hours
Not organized
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work, terrible CEO
I loved my job and the people that came in daily, but didn't get along well with the CEO. He acts bipolar and you never know what kind of mood he will be in on any given day. Raises were promised and never given despite working longer hours with increased responsibility, unless you are a favorite. "Favorite" staff get taken to lunches and given raises, increased budgets and generally have a different experience.
Kontra érvek
No breaks, few benefits, low pay, too much politics
Passionate about education
Great company to work for - with the main focus being on ensuring learners get the best experience that they possibly can. Staff are passionate and go the extra mile to ensure that individual learners develop their skills not only work related but also personally. Learners come from all different backgrounds and many have personal issues that become barriers that need addressing. The senior management team are approachable and encourage staff to be innovative and share good ideas and opportunities to improve delivery further. There are good CPD activities in place and staff are able to undertake qualifications that can help them develop in their role or future career opportunities. There is a professional working culture in place however this is coupled with the ability to discuss any concerns staff may have. The best part of the job is when learners achieve and success is celebrated at all levels, e.g. locally, nationally and externally. I can honestly say I learn something new every day and the opportunity to work with young people is fantastic.
Pro érvek
Good working culture, good CPD opportunities, chance to see learners develop and achieve
Kontra érvek
None - you get out what you put in
Stressful
Over worked under staffed disconnected senior management. Middle management only looks out for themselves. Direct staff under appreciated uneducated. Must jump through hoops to get hired for low wages and few hours.
benefits wages
Kontra érvek
lack of repsect for staff families
Birmingham, AL
I would not recommend working here. They pay is low and the job is very stressful. I worked for the YMCA for 5 years and noticed a lot that went on. With that being said, I would not recommen this job.
Kontra érvek
Lots of work and low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to gain management experience
Downside YMCA bought out YWCA which then terminated my position by means of eliminating joint management.

Upside peaceful work environment and decent pay
N/A
N/A
Poor management; Low pay; No recognition or promotion
Very poorly run - probably due in part to the low pay. Employees who work harder are not rewarded or recognized. The mission of the organization is amazing - but this branch isn't making it happen.
Gym membership
Kontra érvek
Management, low pay, no opportunity for advancement
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés