YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

1 175 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 23 893 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
2,0
Great place to start
LIFEGUARD (Volt alkalmazott) –  Augusta, MI2019, február 13.
Working at the ymca was a great overall experience, I was a lifeguard and the members that i got to know were all amazing people. My reason for leaving was their unwillingness to give me a raise after 2.5 years of being committed to them. Other than that zero complaints.
free membership
no advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job for high schoolers
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Auburn, NY 130212019, február 13.
Worked at YMCA for second half of high school years as lifeguard. Continue to work there seasonally as I am now in college. Very easy job, flexible hours, and great work atmosphere
Productive fun workplace
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  St. Louis, MO2019, február 13.
I love the YMCA everyone is friendly n loves working together and working towards something keeping the pool safe. The staff was so respectful and everyone had a task that they stuck to
Munkahelyi kultúra
Okay place to work, depends what your role is.
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Harborcreek, PA2019, február 12.
I worked as a lifeguard for about two years in high school. It's a great job to have if you need a flexible schedule. However the management would constantly change the rules in the pool area, and not make it clear to all the lifeguards, making it very hard to enforce the rules. The people who come in are very nice and its a great environment to work in. They also offer chances to gain more of a management position and to be a swim instructor. Overall this was a great job, but was challenging at times. Practice skill sessions are held consistently and were well planned and useful. I would recommend this job to anyone who is looking for a full time or part time job that can handle a lot of responsibility.
Free membership
Breaks not consistent
Good work environment
Lead Lifeguard, Manager (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, NC2019, február 12.
The work environment at the YMCA was very friendly and opening, you get along with most of your coworkers. Upper management could be disorganized at times. Sometimes they lost files and you had to redo them, or paychecks would come in late at time cards were manually written instead of stamped
Supervisors are friendly
Kontra érvek
No paid lunch break, unorganized
First Lifeguarding Experience
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, február 11.
As my first lifeguarding job, this was a lot to take in. I had a difficult time balancing lifeguarding, school and marching band in order to have a sufficient income. However, lifeguarding here has made me continue to be a lifeguard for the rest of my academic career as a part-time job.
Great Culture but Little Pay
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Indianapolis, IN2019, február 9.
YMCA's have very unique cultures that are great for young people to start in personal development. Unfortunately, the Y is not competitive with their pay. Many places around the area pay more for the same roles.
Great place to work at
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pickerington, OH2019, február 7.
There a so many jobs someone can do at the YMCA. It's a fun job because people who enter the facility are typically very nice and pretty friendly. The money is great for the teenagers that work part time. There is a certain kind of "family-like" atmosphere. A really nice place.
Free membership
short breaks
real chill
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fayetteville, NC2019, február 6.
I come in at about 9 or 10 in the morning. I got the pool ready to be opened by cleaning the pool and the deck. I then watched patrons for hours making sure they were safe while in or around the pool.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great organization to work for as a first job
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Red Bank, NJ2019, február 6.
I worked at the YMCA in high school as a pool lifeguard. My boss was very nice and always made sure we maintained professionalism by attending regular staff meetings. All staff at the YMCA are treated equally which makes for a healthy work environment.
Decent
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lexington, KY2019, február 6.
It was a decent job opportunity for the summer. I necessarily didn't like the work environment, but I was only there for the summer and holidays away from school .
decent and easy job
management was poor
Munkahelyi kultúra
There was a lot of miscommunication.
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Dubuque, IA2019, február 5.
Things were not shared with others which caused a lot of issues as no one knew what was going on a lot of the times. A lot of drama occurred which was not fun to deal with. One person would say one thing and the next person said another.
1,0
Unfair employment treatment
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lakewood, WA2019, február 5.
There is absolutely no job security here. The customers are allowed to talk to you however they please and rules are not inforced. Theres alot of favoritism.
Great coworkers
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Francisco, CA2019, február 4.
You will make friends, the staff is so diverse and everyone finds a way to fit in. There are audits nearly every day and they're conducted mostly by staff members but occasionally there will be members that are asked to throw a shadow in. Stonestown YMCA is one of the highest risk Y's out there so you need to stay alert.
safe workplace, flexible hours
Kontra érvek
hard to find covers for shifts, daily audits, monthly in-service
Good job
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greenfield, WI2019, február 4.
I love working with the people there! The families and the kids were always very nice hardly any problems with people! There were times when people didn’t know you had to take a swim test and would get mad or didn’t know the hours and would be upset.
Nice, chill, collaborative environment
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lebanon, OH2019, február 3.
What I liked most was the certifications I got as a lifeguard. I also liked the flexibility the YMCA provided, since I am a busy person. It was pretty chill overall, and the staff were nice and cool
flexibility
shifts feel long sometimes
Great team, flexible supervisors
LIFEGUARD/INSTRUCTOR (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Greater Sudbury, ON2019, február 2.
Great place to work! My superiors were always very accommodating and I got to work with a great team. Shifts are the same week-to-week which was a great advantage.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and nice place to work
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Durham, NC2019, január 31.
At the YMCA you get short breaks but that’s because you have to rotate with other lifeguards to watch the members so their not breaking the rules and not drowning
Pro érvek
Great service and very friendly people
Short breaks
A Gathering of the Community
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brighton, MA2019, január 29.
The YMCA is an amazing place to come and exercise. Working at the YMCA requires more commitment and sacrifice, though. The pay is often low, which is expected as it is a nonprofit. But by committing to working for the good of the community at the Y, they reward you with a free membership. Because the hours are flexible, you can hold another job while lifeguarding for the YMCA. Working there is a great way to interact and give back to your friendly and diverse community.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, free membership, friendly management and customers
Kontra érvek
Little to no breaks, hot indoor pool area
It is a struggle
Head Lifeguard, life guard manager, (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cumberland County, NJ2019, január 29.
The clients and your coworkers can be a hit or a miss but the real problems are the higher ups. They value incompetent staff because they are easily manipulated. While at the same time over burdening their component staff, by forcing them to pick up the others slack--with no increase in pay, it's expected of you.
Teaches flexibility
Low pay, maltreatment
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van