Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

Munkakör megnevezése
Lifeguard1 516 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 516 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 556 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a lifeguard the, it is expected that one maintains constant vigilance and keeps an eye on the customers to ensure their safety throughout the day. The schedules do change, so the management has to be prepared to call in substitutes, and people will look to you sometimes to fulfill that requirement. One must use their breaks to refresh themselves, and cannot leave suddenly in the middle of a shift, as it inconveniences those who also have schedules. Other than keeping watch over the customers, ones must be willing to maintain the overall condition of the pool
Good conditions
Kontra érvek
Some problems communication between coworkers and managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lot of the lower positions are for high school/university age people. You can advance if you really want to. Most jobs are dealing with kids/families. Lifeguarding can be wildly different from location to location.
Fun and social
low wages
Munkahelyi kultúra
I haven't worked here in a long time but from what I remember it was a great place to work during high school. The hours were short but we had a lot of people on staff.
Great team
Kontra érvek
Students always ask to switch shifts
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the YMCA. They were very friendly and there was never a dull moment. Everyone was very helpful and kind. The kids i worked with were Great!
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a lifeguard, you will have a 30 minute break on your rotation at least every 2 hours. This is perfect for college or highschool students that are looking to do homework during breaks. As a negative note, the workplace has little to no communication between management, other departments, or internal department. Schedules do not get posted in a timely matter (often the night before they go in effect), and important events are not sent to supervisors/staff from management.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Little to no communication, schedules do not get posted on time, no yearly reviews for pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the Young Men’s Christian Association of the Ozarks. It was a very positive environment with a lot of opportunities to succeed. I would work there again.
Free lunches
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very friendly place to be. Was a lifeguard and the pay was ok but could of used more as a college student. Requires waking up early. I like the YMCA, however I feel a bit weird working for a company where religion is such a big factor.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good place to start
It was fun every one was nice

Even thing was clean and organized

There was help when you need it

The staff was great and caring

1,0
● Overall
The why helped me start off, but I wish I would have would not have depended on it cause in the long run it didn’t help me at all. I give everyone at the work place credit, but I would never recommend it as a first job.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The people there were always talking abut each other and the management always wanted to be apart of it. It was honestly a very toxic place to work and I didn’t enjoy it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
How easy it was to get started and fit in and also how welcoming everyone was when I first started working. I also enjoyed my hours and how flexible they were to my schedule.
Free Membership
Not really any
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very good nothing bad to say expect some people’s positions they took to their head and thought of them selves higher than everyone else. :)
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work consisted of guarding the pool. Interacting with swimmers and teaching swim lessons. It got busy on the weekends but the other guards were capable of support.
Munkahelyi kultúra
it is fun. some times a bit stressful but flexible when required. i like working here because of benefits and all that. please give it a shot. worth the time
nice
people
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You stayed on stand and rotated every 30 minutes of your shift. it was about an 1 hour on 30 minutes off. In off time we were expected to still continue clean the facility to some capacity.
Good boss
Kontra érvek
In constant heat and humidity
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a good job and great people and place to work I loved my experience and the time I worked there and the placement was great full secured place to have a job
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is all inclusive and open for anyone to work. Management makes sure its employees are well prepared to complete each task with confidence. The schedule can be flexible.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the job while I had it, but COVID-19 drastically decreased my hours to none whatsoever. Unfortunately not able to work despite being there for years, which really disappointed me. People working for less time were getting hours before me. However, the job was easy yet required focus. Great people to work with as well.
Choose your hours
Slow hours drag
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great first job. It’s a fun environment and a great place to work. You meet all kinds of nice people and the management there is very helpful and filled with joy.
Kontra érvek
Only thing I didn’t like was the pay. Other than that, it’s great
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You won’t move up in the company no matter how many years you have worked there and experience you may have. Don’t waste your time doing extra training and getting more experience because they won’t give you a pay raise or move you up.
Free ability to exercise
Kontra érvek
Little pay for large work load.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Always enjoyed going to work and getting the opportunity to work with younger children and teaching them how to swim. I also enjoyed how welcoming everyone was.
Pro érvek
Great people to work with
Payment