YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

1 224 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 24 628 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good job but paid unfairly
LIFEGUARD (Volt alkalmazott) –  Greensburg, IN2019, április 22.
I was overworked and wasn't paid justly. The management wasn't up to standards, plus I was usually the only person overseeing my area as a lifeguard and this required immense stress to oversee multiple patrons.
Fun work environment
YMCA Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Franklin, MA2019, április 20.
The YMCA aquatics department was an enjoyable job. The staff was great and we always had our in service trainings which were great! One thing that could have been fixed was the schedule, sometimes they would put you on for days that you specifically said you couldn’t work or tried to at least.
Good Company
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Birmingham, AL2019, április 20.
company is great Christian Organization lots of good people and members who work out there. Culture is good really played back and relaxed how most gyms are.
Relaxed
Kontra érvek
Too relaxed got bored easily
Great! Love it!!
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Lynchburg, VA2019, április 18.
The YMCA is a great place to work and i would recommend it to anyone. I have met some amazing people while working there. The environment is a happy and welcoming place for everyone.
Fun Place to Work
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Findlay, OH2019, április 18.
This was a great first job. It was a great place to grow up as a high school student, and to learn more about life. My manager helped me to grow as a person, along with as a lifeguard.
2,0
Stressful, unwelcoming staff environment
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Spokane, WA2019, április 18.
On the surface the Y is great. Free gym membership, relatively flexible hours, but if you dont fit into their cookie cutter you are almost immediately ostracized. It doesnt matter what you had done for them or how you live their mission, they turn their backs on you and force you out. I wanted to make the community better, build up the members of the community and everyone I worked with worked as hard as they could for this mission. No one received any recognition, in fact, at the Y they punish you for giving above and beyond. If you try and change the status quo, they will find a way to get rid of you.
Gym membership, awesome coworkers
Kontra érvek
Upper management doesnt care about you if you try and better yourself and the association.
Collaborative Workplace
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Oklahoma City, OK2019, április 17.
Great first job to build team work, leadership and workplace skills. The YMCA provides great resources to move up and progress, I was shaped professional during my time there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work, low pay, non-profit job
Lifeguard Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  El Mirage, AZ2019, április 17.
Because the YMCA is a non-profit it doesn't run like a normal employer. There is a culture there, where there seems to be pride in the shoe-string budget and make-due attitude. The management tries very hard, but they are worked so hard that they burn out very quickly and leave (one supervisor and two directors in a year and a half) so consistency is lacking. Lot of nice people, but also a lot of lofty goals and a true inability to achieve them...
Pro érvek
Free YMCA membership, some paid training
Kontra érvek
Minimum wage, must pay for uniform
great job!
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Yorktown, VA2019, április 16.
A typical day at work for a lifeguard would entail stand duty, cleaning responsibilities, and interacting with the general populace. Aquatics management was great, and often assisted in training needs, shift covers, and organizing events. Branch management, however, had a habit of implementing corporate initiatives that hampered with our schedule. Otherwise, it's a great experience and can help you get involved with your community!
free membership
short break time
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not the best job but the only local year round job for lifeguarding.
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ruther Glen, VA2019, április 12.
My brother had worked there for two years so I instinctively began to work there as well when I turned of age. My manager was poor as well as her demands on a salary of 8.50 which I consider poor due to my experience at other jobs.
Reasonable workplace
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Grand Rapids, MI2019, április 10.
Job training was done well. The job itself was reasonable. Management was unorganized, hard to reach, and emotionally biased. Culture was upbeat and the work was not very hard.
Munkahelyi kultúra
constant watch, no music basically boring
Life Guard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Raeford, NC2019, április 8.
a normal day in work would be that i would arrive at 7:30, unlock things then instantly start cleaning, while cleaning my co-workers would walk in and help with cleaning. After the time of 8:30 the pool would open and everyone by rules had to be on stand whether there were people in the pool or not, so we sat there quietly waiting for the time to pass until 9:45, music was ban because everyone complained that the music of any sort did not fit everyone's needs. Then every 45 minutes we get a 15 minute break, besides the first hour. Then on breaks we are not aloud to leave the facility, you have to bring food as you must either pay for food at the concessions or don't eat at all. you have to work 5-6 hours minimum a day for pay so i get there at 7:30 and leave at about 1 but we are not aloud into the water until our break which after we get everyone out of the pool for our break then there's about 10 minutes left, and we have to be on stand for a couple minutes before the breaks up and that means its like a 6 minute break every hour. The management is nice but you have to stay on stand to watch kids who generally don't respect you, and would rather act as if they are drowning, you get not paid time off or sick days, you get paid based on if you work, if you only put on the schedule for 5 hours in 2 weeks then you only get 5 hours of pay, and i was never told how much i would pay a week or even hourly
money
Kontra érvek
alot of little things that add up to become a stressful time
Munkahelyi kultúra
not a single boring day at work
Certified Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hopkinsville, KY2019, április 8.
a typical day consists of watching patrons and ensuring their safety (i was a lifeguard) people are usually nice and hard work is noticed within the company and is appreciated.
Pro érvek
fun job that provides good pay
Kontra érvek
having to occasionally deal with rude people
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worth it for the memebership, but wasn’t given enough hours.
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Pelham, AL2019, április 8.
The YMCA obviously is a organization so the pay is low. During the fall and winter you basically don’t get any hours at all but during the summer your scheduled more. You get a free membership which is a perk.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace if you enjoy people
Certified Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lake Geneva, WI2019, április 2.
The YMCA is a great work place if you value community and have a large patience. My aquatics manager and director was very good at her job, other departments were not so much, and at another YMCA I applied at, the director never returned my calls about an interview after she agreed to interview me. SO it's touch and go depending on the YMCA.
flexible hours
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
Friendly atmosphere with strong sense of community with members and employees.
Lifeguard and School Staff (Volt alkalmazott) –  Worcester, MA2019, április 2.
I had the pleasure of working at the YMCA in downtown Worcester of central Massachusetts. I worked with others sharing common goals throughout different areas of expertise. Between being a life guard and working with the kids I met many members and got to know some wonderful people of all ages! I enjoyed my time at the YMCA and if I could I would go back.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, friendly and healthy environment, active, free gym access
Kontra érvek
Not enough staff at times
Fun workplace
Camp Iroquois Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Manlius, NY2019, április 1.
Fun workplace with a great work atmosphere. There are a few days during the season where you have to work late without pay. Hours are manageable but it is a lot when it starts getting hot outside.
great location
pay
fun
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  New York2019, március 29.
great experience and thorughly enjoyed my time working here. Made lots of new friends and my leadeships skills increased massively. I would love to work here again.
Loved working here
Life guard and swim instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bethlehem, PA2019, március 26.
This was a great first job for me. Professional place to work. Great club members, great bosses, and great co workers. The pay is decent for what you do.
Laid back lifeguarding job
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Angola, IN2019, március 26.
A typical day at work would consist of me clocking in, opening up the pool, and taking attendance throughout the day of how many people attend the pool area. Responsible for managing emergencies and first aid.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van