YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

1 263 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 25 196 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work, but inconsistent staffing and management
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Tulsa, OK2019, június 14.
The YMCA has a great community. However, the management was changed too frequently which led to a lot of problems. Also the environment is not as professional as I would like it to be.
Decent breaks
Hours
Fun Workplace in pool area
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rockford, IL2019, június 13.
I worked in the pool as a lifeguard, so my interview process was about two weeks before I got the job. During that two weeks, I was taking the lifeguard course, which included CPR/AED, BLS, and First Aid. The course was free if applying to the Y. The workplace itself was usually very nice. Coworkers were nice, patrons were usually nice, and everyone working was always prepared to respond to an emergency.
rare breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great community and a great place to get involved in various ways
Lifeguard / Lifeguard Supervisor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Virginia2019, június 12.
Overall experience has been good. Pay is good starting off for a part-time entry level job, but promotion and advancement is sometimes difficult and can end up not being worth the pay increase.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great for a first job or a side source of income
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Farmington Hills, MI2019, június 12.
Wonderful Coworkers however you must be on constant alert while on the job otherwise it could cost you your job if you aren't. Flexible Hours year round except for summer.
Easy Tasks, Lots of Breaks
Kontra érvek
Minimal pay, Constant alertness and paranoia
Different
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ionia, MI2019, június 11.
I get scheduled to work at different times of the day, so I end up communicating with different types of people. Its never really the same thin g everyday.
Fun at times
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Wichita, KS2019, június 9.
Due to many other jobs in the Wichita area, it is hard to get lifeguards to work. This tends to leave the lifeguards, who are mostly students, having to work longer hours than they want to which leaves the lifeguards upset.
Good people, bad management
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lino Lakes, MN2019, június 4.
The job wasn't bad but the managers were lazy and didn't do a good job of communicating rules to us. The shifts were nicely timed and easy to trade and drop.
The shifts
lifeguard
LIFEGUARD/MANAGER/INSTRUCTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Butler, PA2019, június 2.
helping protect the swimmers, helping to teach the children, making an impact on the peoples lives,while making sure everyone is follow all policies and procedure
job overveiw
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Superior, WI2019, június 1.
the people working there don't like picking up shifts for you no matter how many you pick up for them. but the head life guards are really nice to you
Fun Summer Job
Water Safety Instructor/Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Anaheim, CA2019, május 29.
Working at the YMCA is good for potential employees looking for an easy summer job. It is easy to ask for hours as well as time off as long as you show effort in finding a substitute for the days that you want to request to be off the clock.

The tasks given to employees are simple, but the challenge is found in managing the children assigned to you as they all react differently to each new situation presented to them. With a daily routine and the children's earned respect, the job will become simple and manageable.
Pro érvek
After setting a class routine, the job becomes simple
Can become very repetitive
Good Workplace
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Frankfort, KY2019, május 29.
A typical day at work included cleaning the pool deck and observing patrons to ensure their safety. The management of this job changes frequently but is usually very good at scheduling when you can actually work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Okay work environment if job is done correctly.
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Monett, MO2019, május 27.
As a lifeguard, many of my coworkers would often slack off or not pay attention to kids in the pool. They simply got the job so that they could earn some money. Because of this, there were a few different safety issues, which meant that a lifeguard that took their job more seriously had to step up and add onto their own workload.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Nightmare all around
Teacher- Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hollywood, FL2019, május 24.
The Hollywood YMCA is problematic all around. Management is inept and uncaring. I worked for months without pay. It was always promised though.

I went to the area manager to get my back pay. Then I quit!

I worked at the pool. I was teacher at the time. I watched a guard watch as a kid began to drown. A parent saved the child, not the guard.

THE HOLLYWOOD Y IS A TERRIBLE PLACE TO WORK!

THE HOLLYWOOD Y IS UNSAFE!

Don't work there! Don't work out there!
Kontra érvek
cheated of pay, management is moronic
Lifeguard Review at Cleveland family YMCA
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cleveland, TN2019, május 22.
Working there was never a problem with the first out of the three years I was there. The only issue I had with the company was the immediate management that I was under. My supervisor seems to keep inner relations with her employees. To the extent that it effects the work place environment. There was numerous times where inner workplace gossip was present, which created an unstable environment for myself and many of the other employees. This gossip wasn't directed to bad employees. I was excellent at my job, as were the others, but if you weren't in the "click" then you were sometimes a target of discussion. This job was great due to flexibility of the work schedule with my college classes, but you really had to make sure you wrote your hours down right. That being said, sometimes you won't get your schedule until the Sunday or Monday of that given week.
Pro érvek
Free membership, flexible work schedule
Kontra érvek
management, getting schedule on time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Easy work but sometimes unreliable hours
Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bellerose, NY2019, május 21.
Great if you want to utilize the gym, or swim after your shift, but unless you are looking into teaching classes or getting advanced certifications, a simple lifeguard job here isn't enough to support those who need real income.
Wapak ymca
Wapakoneta - lifeguard, and Sports Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wapakoneta, OH2019, május 21.
Very inviting environment with fun people who enjoy their jobs! I would come into work and say hello to individuals as well as coworker working at the front desk and would start my shift. Great management with monthly meetings. I learned what I personally enjoy doing at that job. I also really enjoyed the ability to pick up other part time shifts doing different responsibilities in other departments.
Fun
pleasant work environment
Lead Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Shoreline, WA2019, május 18.
I worked as a lifeguard at the YMCA it was very friendly along with reliable co workers. can count on them to be ready. Felt as the members were safe and secure. Alway made sure the area and pool were clean. Monthly mandatory training to keep us on our guard.
free membership as employees
not much employ parking
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a very mind numbing place
YMCA Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stafford, VA2019, május 17.
It was a good part time job. However it had no chance of position advancement. Also, the pay was not great and you could only work 28 hours a week maximum
Pro érvek
Will get you lifeguard certified
Short or no breaks
Not a good job
Lifeguard (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Penfield, NY2019, május 15.
Ok for teens, they treat their employees poorly and pay minimum for a big role in the y. Bad management. Horrible treatment of employees include screaming at them in the office
Unpaid lunch
Munkahelyi kultúra
How i liked working in that field
LIFEGUARD (Volt alkalmazott) –  Fairfield, OH2019, május 15.
I liked working at the Ymca the members were awesome and so were the workers in each department. I’m glad i got to experience a great culture job. It really put me in the position of starting to be in the medical field.
Pro érvek
Free membership, wonderful people to be around
Not enough hours
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van