Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
1 529 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 779 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a lifeguard the, it is expected that one maintains constant vigilance and keeps an eye on the customers to ensure their safety throughout the day. The schedules do change, so the management has to be prepared to call in substitutes, and people will look to you sometimes to fulfill that requirement. One must use their breaks to refresh themselves, and cannot leave suddenly in the middle of a shift, as it inconveniences those who also have schedules. Other than keeping watch over the customers, ones must be willing to maintain the overall condition of the pool
Good conditions
Kontra érvek
Some problems communication between coworkers and managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
worked as a life guard, management is not too bad. If you did your work, no one bothered you. Pay was not the best since you had to get certified to be a life guard and pay for it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone I worked with was very nice. Never had any problems working at the ymca. Fun place to work and managers were always nice and understanding. Great place to work
Friendly and not stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked as a lifeguard for several years. The hours were very bad sometimes (early mornings and late nights depending on schedule) and the pay was extremely low. The Y was an ok place to work otherwise.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
good for high school students, but the pay isn’t really worth it :( great environment!! love my co workers and boss! Easy going and great job for first timers.
flexible schedule
low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Underpaid for what you do. Don’t expect raises. Not the best on security. Decent benefit of free membership, but managers don’t care too much. Rude patrons treat you however you want and nothing is done
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was a really good job when I was 16 as a lifeguard as a kid everyone was cool and enjoyed the people that I worked with all the time easy for young adult
food
no phone
Munkahelyi kultúra
depending on what you do and where, this might vary but I found Ymca to be a very cool place to work at with not much stress involved. Of course this is only if you do what you're supposed to do. The pay for a lifeguard of my experience really disappointed me, It seems Ymca values its instructors ALOT more in every way. Other than this though it was a cool spot which gives you a FREE MEMBERSHIP so I loved it more than I disliked it.
Pro érvek
chill environnement, friendly people, Free membership(10$)
meh pay, volatile hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
paid trainings and certifications after initial. overall light workload. the friendly members and staff create comfortable and family like environment.
flexible scheduling, family environment
low wages, low hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The days are very slow and boring. No one will cover your shift if you need it. Before pandemic you would have to come to work sick or you'd be written up.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Poor pay compared to others
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at YMCA are higher than other places would pay for the same position.ManagementIn general, managers at YMCA are very communicative and supportive
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a fairly good job in the beginning but most people aren't allowed to have over 30 hours of work a week and the management wasn't the best. A lot of people got written up for very small or unrealistic reasons. Breaks really don't happen and people could not communicate other than about a drowning risk. Even then communication is restricted. I would not advise people to work here unless they are desperate. I have seen many people leave within a few months because of poor management. If you decide on this job be ready to work long hours without food or breaks.
flexible
Kontra érvek
almost no breaks, poor management, and restricted work culture
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at YMCA is very good. Shifts are easy to pick up and give away if needed.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at YMCA are decentOverallMy experience working at YMCA was fun and never was boring.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lot of the lower positions are for high school/university age people. You can advance if you really want to. Most jobs are dealing with kids/families. Lifeguarding can be wildly different from location to location.
Fun and social
low wages
Munkahelyi kultúra
My boss works hard to make sure everyone has a fair schedule that works for everyone. Highly recommend for kids in school or people who just want to pick up a nice job that helps keep others safe!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I haven't worked here in a long time but from what I remember it was a great place to work during high school. The hours were short but we had a lot of people on staff.
Great team
Kontra érvek
Students always ask to switch shifts
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the YMCA. They were very friendly and there was never a dull moment. Everyone was very helpful and kind. The kids i worked with were Great!
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a lifeguard, you will have a 30 minute break on your rotation at least every 2 hours. This is perfect for college or highschool students that are looking to do homework during breaks. As a negative note, the workplace has little to no communication between management, other departments, or internal department. Schedules do not get posted in a timely matter (often the night before they go in effect), and important events are not sent to supervisors/staff from management.
Free membership
Kontra érvek
Little to no communication, schedules do not get posted on time, no yearly reviews for pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the Young Men’s Christian Association of the Ozarks. It was a very positive environment with a lot of opportunities to succeed. I would work there again.
Free lunches
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very friendly place to be. Was a lifeguard and the pay was ok but could of used more as a college student. Requires waking up early. I like the YMCA, however I feel a bit weird working for a company where religion is such a big factor.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a good place to startIt was fun every one was niceEven thing was clean and organized There was help when you need itThe staff was great and caring