Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

1 465 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 668 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding workplace with pleasant staff and reasonable schedule
As a lifeguard the, it is expected that one maintains constant vigilance and keeps an eye on the customers to ensure their safety throughout the day. The schedules do change, so the management has to be prepared to call in substitutes, and people will look to you sometimes to fulfill that requirement. One must use their breaks to refresh themselves, and cannot leave suddenly in the middle of a shift, as it inconveniences those who also have schedules. Other than keeping watch over the customers, ones must be willing to maintain the overall condition of the pool
Pro érvek
Good conditions
Kontra érvek
Some problems communication between coworkers and managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
i love this place so much
I have loved all of the relationships I have made while working at the ymca and it is overall one of the best jobs that I ever worked at. I will always reccomend it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work, and learn
Typical day at work insisted of doing some of your weekly physical training qualifications. Keeping constant watch of all people in the pool area in insure safety and enforce guidelines. Once shift was over you had the option in signing up for teaching swimming lessons, after additional training classes.
Awesome
This was a great first job when I was 16 it felt great to be a life guard to know that I was actually doing a job that means something would recommend for high school studenta
Fun
Everyone I worked with was always a blast, the management always checked up to see if we needed anything even including food, every Thursday night after swim lessons we would all go out to Taco Bell and had dinner and talk about the week, it's a place of open and very helpful people.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Efficient and safe work environment
The YMCA provides an environment of safety and inclusion for those that work there as well as their members. This environment ensures the most positive and productive workplace that they can be.
Fun environment
Helpful people, with good intentions. Everyone always had a smile on their face or a compliment to give to one another. I would highly recommend working here.
it’s not terrible
The management would second guess themselves and not be on the same page all the time. If you lobe being by the water it is a good part time job for you.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Employees would cause trouble and management would ignore
I disliked working at my local YMCA with a passion. Most of the patrons were nice but my coworkers were horrific, they would make my job harder, spread rumors and create drama. Then my boss said there was nothing he could do and told me to suck it up basically. i was not wanted or appreciated at all, and I dreaded working, but obviously I needed the money.
Positive work enviroment
This is a great place for people of all ages to work if they enjoy working directly with others in a healthy lifestyle oriented job. There is never a dull moment!
Very fun to work
Been working here for the past 2 years in the summer and I have a pretty fun time with the other co workers and the bosses are super nice and very flexible with youre schudule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good people and good managers
It was a great place to work, it was just difficult to maintain a good work life balance. The hours are not flexible at all and it is difficult to get shifts covered.
1,0
Fun summer job
The management was awful. The job itself was so fun and my coworkers made the job even more fun. Super easy job, but also serious if anything were to happen.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
the workplace was okay, but the management did not care about the employers
While this was a decent job for my very first paid job, I was not pleased with how people alongside the management treated me. I felt taken advantage of. I was working extra hours and forced to take up other people's shifts without benefits because of the fact that the other employees were allowed to sleep and slack off while I was working everywhere and trying to make sure everything was going okay. I was one of the most dependable people on the staff and it showed.
A fun workplace
A typical day: Lifeguarding the pools
What I learned: Speed boarding

Management: unorganized, constantly need to remind what you need off

Culture: GOOD. All the guards are friends and get along with each other

Hardest part: Stressed if I am using the best life-saving practices

Most enjoyable: Teaching swim lessons, giving toys out and watching faces light up
3,0
Alright
This was my first job so I didn’t really want anything too crazy this job is great for young people who are looking into getting a really easy and lazy job lol
Munkahelyi kultúra
Flexible hours and nice workplace environment
The pay is good for a high school summer job and has flexible hours for those who work two jobs or have other responsibilities they need to attend to. Typical day at work just consists of watching over patrons in and out of the pool and enforcing rules when necessary. Hardest part of the job is keeping focus while on the stand because it can become very boring at times looking at one spot on the pool for 15min up to 45min max.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great atmosphere and dedication of employees
The employees and customers are all open to new members, and more than happy to lend a helping hand. In my years of experience, I have enjoyed every day working there.
3,0
Fun workplace
The people who you worked with really made this place special. The management has changed quite a lot over the years. And the management doesn't really listen to their co-workers at all. This is a good stepping-stone place for first time Lifeguards/Instructors.
Good Job
Good Job to have especially during the summer. Really fun atmosphere. Not much else to say I never really had any problems. Good benefits . etc.
productive, affective, and safe
a very smooth and safe place, a lot of eyes and communication on the pool deck and everywhere throughout the facility. Wokers are always busy and are always finding ways to make the pool that much better.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés