Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

Munkakör megnevezése
Lifeguard1 501 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 501 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 217 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a lifeguard the, it is expected that one maintains constant vigilance and keeps an eye on the customers to ensure their safety throughout the day. The schedules do change, so the management has to be prepared to call in substitutes, and people will look to you sometimes to fulfill that requirement. One must use their breaks to refresh themselves, and cannot leave suddenly in the middle of a shift, as it inconveniences those who also have schedules. Other than keeping watch over the customers, ones must be willing to maintain the overall condition of the pool
Good conditions
Kontra érvek
Some problems communication between coworkers and managers
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You won’t move up in the company no matter how many years you have worked there and experience you may have. Don’t waste your time doing extra training and getting more experience because they won’t give you a pay raise or move you up.
Free ability to exercise
Kontra érvek
Little pay for large work load.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Always enjoyed going to work and getting the opportunity to work with younger children and teaching them how to swim. I also enjoyed how welcoming everyone was.
Pro érvek
Great people to work with
Payment
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the H2O entitled supervising patrons at the waterpark, lane pools, flow rider, and slides. It meant preventing injury and ensuring everyone's safety. There was collaboration with other guards, and constant teamwork. I learned lots and gained plenty of experience that will be useful to me later on in life and in future careers. I really enjoyed working at the H2O and fitness centre.
Pro érvek
Lots of breaks and overall enjoyable
Humidity
Munkahelyi kultúra
working at YMCA has been brilliant - switching from lifeguarding poolside to managing reception i learned to expand my range on customer service and cash handling whilst maintaining the MPLQ qualification
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I feel that the main pros where in teaching kids an important life lesson along with some nice people I met but management made ending this uneasy. I had amazing managers when I started who helped and where the example of good ones. But as time went on new ones came and this was not carried on. The landing did not stick with this and I also felt like I was annoyed with dumb matters that were unneeded when certain issues arised. Plus I felt that having a life outside of here was frowned on and that regardless of if you are as sick as a dog or not you gotta come in no matter what.
Pro érvek
Talking to people and teaching kids an important life skill
Management Flexibility transparency and atmosphere
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA strives to be a welcoming and fun filled place for families in the community. The YMCA’s diverse staff and variety of activities available to the public makes them one of the most entertaining and family friendly establishments in the U.S.
Pro érvek
Variety activities and helpful staff
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone is very supportive and it really is a community. We worked through everything together and it is a great place to work. I never dreaded going to work, even on days where I wasn’t super eager to go out. I made some wonderful friends here and I genuinely liked the majority of my coworkers.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I feel threatened my my aquatic director because she doesn’t listen to my feed back.she need to think before responding
She is more my age and she has not swam in over a year
Scheduling
Kontra érvek
Aquatic director doesn’t think before reacting
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Some co-workers can be immature and gossip. This makes you anxious prior to certain shifts, making you be cautious when working with them.
Aquatics is not valued in the YMCA by upper management, but your immediate supervisor and assistant managers are usually very nice.

The issue is with upper-level management who are out-of-touch with the bottom-line. They will not have your back under any circumstances and only seek to increase their bottom-line.

The shifts themselves are mediocre, they are very short and sometimes are spaced inefficiently. You may work an evening into a morning or vice versa. They are very inconsistent hours and this may not be ideal for certain individuals. Additionally, shift schedules are sent via phone instead of an online pdf making them difficult to read because they are formatted terribly. You also cannot anticipate when co-workers will call-off turning this part-time job into an essential, first-responder career because you never know when your phone will ring.

Unfortunately, most of these reasons are attributed to upper-level management's unequal distribution of workload onto my Aquatics supervisor. I empathize greatly with my supervisor and hope he/she either earns a raise or finds a better career. My supervisor is so kind and enjoys her job but is overworked and underpaid greatly.

These statements may not hold true at other locations. However, I do suggest you inquire to active, entry-level employees about workplace culture prior to accepting a position.
Pro érvek
Gym membership, Flexibility with school work, outstanding aquatics director
Kontra érvek
Culture, Co-worker gossip, Upper level management, short shifts, inconsistent scheduling
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love my job at the YMCA, the community it’s located in is full of amazing members and excellent staff including really nice bosses. In general a great experience and workplace.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, good break schedule.
Great place to work.
Love the team work.

Great company and doing

lots of good for the Community.

Great place for family's.

Very clean and welcoming.
Great work environment.
Kontra érvek
Not always feeling challenged enough.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The only thing I would like see change is how much lifegaurds make, I make 9.65 an hour, and non of the gaurd work more than 20 hours a week, I can just barely keep up with my rent and have just a little bit left on groceries, but other than that the YMCA is a great job, the supervisors are amazing they can work with you for school it pretty amazing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great environment to work in. Very family friendly. Employers hear your needs. There is some room for growth. Would recommend lifeguarding to college students.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work, the staff is awesome. Lots of breaks and overall a great community. Never a boring shift since I started working there, I always manage to have fun.
Lots of breaks
Kontra érvek
Breaks depend on the amount of people in the pool
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone was easy to get along with. I looked forward to working every shift. The hours were really flexible which was great for a high school student! My only trouble was being able to get to the Sunday inservice (to refresher our skills) due to church activities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall good experience. Part-time employment is okay but hours and available working hours can be difficult to get. Low staff at times also stretches hours for other employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a lifeguard and swim coach on and of for 8 years throughout high school and college. It is a great place to start off working if you are young . I would recommend the Y to everyone.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working here, very flexible. Welcoming to customers. They know how to treat employees and customers. The pay is great! Especially for teenagers! Totally recommend this job for 16-18 years for a first job.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not much room to advance in the company
Supervisors don't communicate with each other or front line staff well

You feel dispensable

Great co-workers

Good maintenance team

Great IT dept
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked there for over 4 years and it's a great place to work while in school, you have regular shifts and diverse tasks. The staff and management are very team-oriented and welcoming.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés