Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Lifeguard

Munkakör megnevezése
Lifeguard1 472 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 472 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 723 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Rewarding workplace with pleasant staff and reasonable schedule
As a lifeguard the, it is expected that one maintains constant vigilance and keeps an eye on the customers to ensure their safety throughout the day. The schedules do change, so the management has to be prepared to call in substitutes, and people will look to you sometimes to fulfill that requirement. One must use their breaks to refresh themselves, and cannot leave suddenly in the middle of a shift, as it inconveniences those who also have schedules. Other than keeping watch over the customers, ones must be willing to maintain the overall condition of the pool
Pro érvek
Good conditions
Kontra érvek
Some problems communication between coworkers and managers
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun atmosphere, not much room for growth
Great first job in high school or during the summer, not much room for being promoted however. Not much you can do to get paid more and move up the ladder.
Fun Job for school
This is a great job to have during school. They are very flexible with their hours and have good employee benefits. The training was fun and they really are oriented on making sure their staff is having a good time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Corrupt workplace with high school like attitude from everyone
Don't ever work here! They pay us 9 bucks an hour to guard peoples lives! No benefits, and no compensation if your injured on the job. Unprofessional, unfair, and a corrupt CEO who only cares about money and not the needs or well being of the employees. We get treated like prisoners as well. They were getting new cameras so that the bosses could actually watch us from their homes! No teamwork, no respect, and low standards. The building is in terrible condition. And a boss who's so obsessed with perfection, that we can never do anything right and we constantly get corrected on everything. Overall, it is a very stressful and negative environment with bad vibes all the time. You constantly have to watch your back to. It is a sad and pathetic place and we are constantly short staffed so they make certain people have to give up their entire weekends and work sometimes 6 days a week despite it being a part time position! Do yourself a favor, NEVER EVER work here you will regret it I promise you!
Great environment
They make you apart of the family. It’s a friendly environment and they work with your schedule. If you are a lifeguard, training can take a weekend but you get to work right after.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyable although stressful work environment
Although parts of this job were rewarding I often felt the staff were underprepared and undertrained to handle the workload. The swim instructor course was a complete joke and did not set us up for success as instructors.
Feels like a family.
The Ymca is more than a community you feel like you are family. As a lifeguard it made you happy to see the familure faces during your shifts. I have learned a lot working with a team like this. As a lifeguard you are an important part when it comes to saving lives but It takes a whole team to make sure everything goes smoothly when an emergency arrives.
Horrible
Horrible and worst job to work. They don’t give you enough hours to work. The boss is not reliable to pick on. She always at home never come to help around when needed.
Pro érvek
Every work
Kontra érvek
Horrible management team
Munkahelyi kultúra
i love this place so much
I have loved all of the relationships I have made while working at the ymca and it is overall one of the best jobs that I ever worked at. I will always reccomend it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work, and learn
Typical day at work insisted of doing some of your weekly physical training qualifications. Keeping constant watch of all people in the pool area in insure safety and enforce guidelines. Once shift was over you had the option in signing up for teaching swimming lessons, after additional training classes.
Awesome
This was a great first job when I was 16 it felt great to be a life guard to know that I was actually doing a job that means something would recommend for high school studenta
Fun
Everyone I worked with was always a blast, the management always checked up to see if we needed anything even including food, every Thursday night after swim lessons we would all go out to Taco Bell and had dinner and talk about the week, it's a place of open and very helpful people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Efficient and safe work environment
The YMCA provides an environment of safety and inclusion for those that work there as well as their members. This environment ensures the most positive and productive workplace that they can be.
Fun environment
Helpful people, with good intentions. Everyone always had a smile on their face or a compliment to give to one another. I would highly recommend working here.
it’s not terrible
The management would second guess themselves and not be on the same page all the time. If you lobe being by the water it is a good part time job for you.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Employees would cause trouble and management would ignore
I disliked working at my local YMCA with a passion. Most of the patrons were nice but my coworkers were horrific, they would make my job harder, spread rumors and create drama. Then my boss said there was nothing he could do and told me to suck it up basically. i was not wanted or appreciated at all, and I dreaded working, but obviously I needed the money.
Positive work enviroment
This is a great place for people of all ages to work if they enjoy working directly with others in a healthy lifestyle oriented job. There is never a dull moment!
Very fun to work
Been working here for the past 2 years in the summer and I have a pretty fun time with the other co workers and the bosses are super nice and very flexible with youre schudule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good people and good managers
It was a great place to work, it was just difficult to maintain a good work life balance. The hours are not flexible at all and it is difficult to get shifts covered.
Fun summer job
The management was awful. The job itself was so fun and my coworkers made the job even more fun. Super easy job, but also serious if anything were to happen.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
the workplace was okay, but the management did not care about the employers
While this was a decent job for my very first paid job, I was not pleased with how people alongside the management treated me. I felt taken advantage of. I was working extra hours and forced to take up other people's shifts without benefits because of the fact that the other employees were allowed to sleep and slack off while I was working everywhere and trying to make sure everything was going okay. I was one of the most dependable people on the staff and it showed.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés