Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Intern/Volunteer

Munkakör megnevezése
Intern/Volunteer7 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
Értékelések kategória szerint
7 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 620 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed interning with the YMCA, however it was unpaid and felt as if I was taking on the work of the paid employee, I learned a lot of office admin skills, not really related to my major, very slow paced
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great organization to work for. As a volunteer program intern, I was able to see all the back-handed work that goes on in the office of a YMCA that a member doesn't typically see.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good people, good atmosphere, overall a very pleasant place to work. I worked under the Director of Community Outreach, and we helped plan events for local non-profits, taught fishing lessons, and supervised teens in-house and on camping trips.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has great organizational culture and corporate social responsibility. the Y has made a positive difference in the lives of others for hundreds of years and they continue doing so. I learned something new each day that I walked in to the office. My supervisor was always available as a reference when I needed assistance; he also provided me with he independence to work and learn on my own. This was a Positive Internship opportunity.
Pro érvek
learning experience
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was just a volunteer. I helped out with the youth sports program, mostly basketball, soccer, baseball, and sports of all sorts. I was a coach while also being in charge of the league. Everyone was very nice there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I served as an intern working for the Active Science Program out of the Merrimack Valley YMCA. Active Science is is a program that blends physical activity and academic performance through the use of the most up-to-date technology in order to promote healthy lifestyles and academic success. Working with underprivileged kids in both Lawrence MA and Methuen MA to promote physical activity and healthy lifestyles was such a self-rewarding job. The students truly looked forward to seeing me everyday and we developed such a special bond.
Kontra érvek
limited space, limited supplies
Munkahelyi kultúra
My overall experience was awesome. I got to step out of my comfort zone and help members in many different ways. I got to help assign workouts for new members in the fitness center. Being able to guide somebody towards their goals is a great feeling. I learned you need to be very hands on and be able to fully explain to members what the exercise is doing and the importance of the exercise. I also got to help with a teens in training class. It was a four week class. I was able to guide the young teens on the appropriate ways to use equipment, benefits of certain exercises, and how to properly use techniques used for lifting. The hardest part of my job was getting the teens to understand the importance of use free weights, how to properly use the machines. I had an great mentor who gave me a lot of helpful tips of training. The most enjoyable part was getting to know the members and help them when need be.
További YMCA-értékelések megtekintése