Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Intern

179 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 206 értékelés megtekintése
Small but dedicated team
The office I worked for consisted of no more than 10 people at a time, but what we lacked in numbers we made up for in dedication.

Each day, we would spend hours calling people for support, entering information into databases or organizing campaign materials, with only 30 minutes of break time. Our leader didn't have to watch over us seeing if we were doing our job, he did his own assignments and

let us work by ourselves.

Our group wasn't as active as I had hoped. Other campaign teams I had worked for would spend time outside the office participating at rallies, putting signs out on the roads, outreach at shopping centers, etc; whereas this one worked entirely at the office.

However, each member showed incredible dedication to their jobs.
Pro érvek
Dedicated co workers, on the job training, supplies provided for us
Kontra érvek
We didn't work in activities outside the office such as political rallies, raising support in malls, etc.
Great experience
I had a wonderful time every day from when I got there to when I left fir the day and I appreciate everyone who help me through what was going on in my life.
Workplace with Integrity
This is a workplace that has a goal of integrity in which all employees work towards vigorously. This is not a 'do it yourself' type of job. It is more 'all hands on deck' and will leave you feeling like you are a part of something important.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked here as an intern
I worked under the wellness department for my internship. I didn't receive pay nor was I concerned about the pay. They mostly worked with older individuals which is not something I wanted to do
Good work environment.
I was an Intern at this company. I did not really do much except for filing gym membership forms. From what I saw about their work environment, is that it was very relaxed and everybody seem to get along with each other.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Intern
I did an internship at the YMCA for a class I was taking at University of Southern Indiana in Evansville. I got to work with two awesome groups which is Rock Steady and LiveStrong.
great place to volunteer
I volunteered at the YMCA for my graduate school internship. The staff at the YMCA was great- very helpful. As an internship I ran groups and also spoke with some of the English speaking students.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A Great Place to Intern at!
As an intern in provides a good mixture of elements you will see in the job field. There will be troubleshooting of numerous different types of systems, some scripting, customer service, and many other things.
Productive fun environment
Great happy, healthy place to work. I learned how to work with elementary and middle schoolers. Implement games and activities. I also worked the rock wall and rentals.
Thankful For My Experience
I was an intern at the Reidsville YMCA for 6 weeks at the start of summer of 2018. I am very thankful for this wonderful opportunity and I would love to return in the future.
Experience
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun, loose environment with friendly co-workers.
Although I was only an intern I had several co-workers that were close friends also working in various other positions and I can say with confidence that all of us enjoyed our working experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place for younger people who are starting to work.
The Y can be a very friendly place to work but also a little stressful in the summer but overall a great experience. The managers in the department where I worked were lovely and very helpful.
Flexible hours
Short breaks
Friendly environment
I enjoyed working with the staff. The activities for the children were fun to put together. There were plenty of opportunities to be creative. I especially enjoyed assisting with developing programs for the community.
Opportunity to learn
Kontra érvek
The center was a little chilly due to the fact that buildings heating mechanism was old.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA Camp Duncan was a Memorable Experience!
Everyday is a new day to meet new faces. You start off discussing the plan together as a team and then lead them to their scheduled activities. With each group you experience something new or meet a local who is willing to guide you on an adventure around Illinois. The hardest part of the job had to be working more than 10 hours if there is not enough staff members. The most enjoyable part of this internship was that I got to meet a lot of different people who enjoyed my company as well as be a role model for the kids of our future.
Pro érvek
Home and food is covered. You stay at their cabin house.
Kontra érvek
You might work 7 days a week.
Great Place to Intern
By interning at the Warren County YMCA, I have experienced many great opportunities. I have been able to do a lot of hands on experiences. I work with special olympics, youth, and the older generation. I also help with desk and computer work.
opportunities
a lot of hours
fun
take care the childreens
Creating bonds with the children from ages 5-11

Supervising children and working with other staff members to create different activities in various environments.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Exciting place to work because on the members that come in.
The workplace culture is very positive each day. People come in motivated to help members outs daily. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is helping out members plan a perfect workout that fits them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
good and important work done for comunity
it was an unpaid internship, helped with an after school program for troubled youth. sometimes it was difficult but was able to manage work, maintaining a social life, and full time college classes. important work done for the betterment of the lives of those i worked with.
free dinner
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
My boss hated me so my job experience was pretty bad
Most of the time my assignment was to file papers and organize them inside the cabinents in their filing closet, my bosses didn't think I was capable of anything else although they were quite happy with my ability to file, they still gave me rather negative performance reviews although I was pretty good at the only thing they wanted me to do. They didn't see the irony in giving someone a job that doesn't involve talking to people then taking that as a sign that they don't have the social skills to talk to people and give tours.

But aside from my horrible experience with management, the coworkers were fine, the place was clean, poorly run in my department but functional elsewhere.
Productive work places
I got to meet new people every day and I learned new skills to help me along the way. I also enjoyed working with the kids and the staff at the YMCA. I also was the receptionist and helped the trainers in their classes.
Positive work environment
n/a
Great Staff
Everyone was very friendly. It was very quick paced, but also a slow paced environment. You got help whenever you asked for it and no one ever complained.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés