YMCA
4,0 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Instructor

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
402 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 30 024 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I wouldn't be involved in these organizations if it weren't for the friendly atmosphere. Each organization has worked with my schedule to reduce conflicts, and has allowed me to fulfill my need for continued education.
great atmosphere, friendly coworkers
only part time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA of the Rookies was absolutely beautiful. Some of the people there were good. Except there was a lot of drugs going on. The pay was low and HR did not care once I started working there. They had a very high turn over rate.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for. They do a bunch of good throughout the country. The pay sucks! Overall, if you enjoy kids this is not a bad role but not something to pursue as a career - the pay is too low.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job becomes your life in terms of there is no work/personal life balance. There is no compassion or understanding from the employer when it comes to personal life, rather it be: requested days off, appointments, personal matters, availability, etc. The rules apply when the employer feels like enforcing it but never applies to themselves. Safety protocols are not followed under pandemic guidelines. The pay is unreasonable especially for the amount of work requested from you.
Pro érvek
Relationships built with the children and staff of made.
No boundaries, pay/benefits, management
Munkahelyi kultúra
The good: building a bond with the children.The bad: not having enough hoursEveryone gets along with each other, you can see all the positive vibes working at the YMCA.
Pro érvek
Bonding with the parents and children.
Short hours
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work but low compensation and no benefits for trainers and instructors. You have to invest in your certifications out of your own pocket, expectations are higher than retribution for employees.
Flexible schedule
Kontra érvek
Low compensation, limited opportunities to get promoted.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is dedicated to the health of the community. The Y offers sports for children and classes for adults. The Y has a swimming program, yoga, water aerobics,and many classes. The Y has a gym and racquet ball courts. The Y offers different runs and walks for the community. People are friendly there. The Y cares about the children programs and adult classes. The staff is helpful if you need to have a substitute for your class.The equipment is nice and weights are in abundance.
Free membership
Cold water
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good hours, weekends off. MAnagement is nice and you'll learn a lot about teaching! Typcial shift was at least five hours a day, mostly outside but the job was great because you get to help others!
weekends off
pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
it was fun working with the kids and us all coming together to make a fun project for the kids , coaching the kids were the best part because we could have fun and teach them the right and wrong things . as well as the adults we coached.
Pro érvek
breaks, having fun while working
Kontra érvek
no breaks not coming together to help
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked at more than one YMCA, and the first thing I would say is that the work experience and the fairness of pay depends quite a bit on the community where the Y is located. However, in my most recent work at the Y, I have found the pay to be an insult; I get paid minimum wage for work that cost me thousands of dollars and years of study to qualify for, and there are no opportunities to address that or change that. It does not make me feel valued or appreciated at all. On the other hand, at the Y where I previously worked, the pay, while lower than the average in the community, was at least close to being on a par, and I had many opportunities to obtain additional trainings free of charge and courtesy of the Y, as long as I agreed to continue teaching there. I was encouraged to innovate and share my knowledge with others. It felt like a family, and I felt supported. So I would say it really depends on the community where your Y is located, and, probably, how many members there are and how much their memberships are being subsidized, as well as what other community and corporate partnerships your Y has. On the other hand, I feel that the Y is a really great service to the community and I love what the Y offers to the community, and that is why I continue to work there. And although I rarely interact with the management, they are friendly. My sense is that they are well aware of the shortcomings of the local Y as an employer but they can't do anything about it - not that they complain or bad-mouth the Y!
Pro érvek
Free membership (more of a pro pre-COVID)
Kontra érvek
Low pay, no opportunities for advancement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I taught a class or two a week here. And that was it. Not worth the travel for a one-hour class. Look at it this way. Pay was VERY GOOD if you have 8 hour classes in a day. Pay was not good at all if it was only ONE HOUR a week or in a day. What's worse was there were even 30-minute classes!
Pro érvek
You meet people, discounted membership
Kontra érvek
Not worth the travel to work, for only half an hour or an hour, tricky.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At all times the YMCA adheres to its strict safety policies and community structure. If you're in the market to work for a corporation that highly supports their community then I highly recommend working for this employer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Don't do it bad bad bad place to work drama drama drama back stabbing back bitting very immature people . CEO is the worst of all . The whole place needs a clean swipe and all new management hired and new CEO brought in . This place could be what it stands for if the board members would watch what was really going on and stop there own gossip . YMCA is a wonderful place just not the area randoph County YMCA
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice place to work. Must love working with kids and interacting with parents daily. Good atmosphere with co workers and managers. You must be organized and timely to succeed here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Community focused.........friendly work environment....many different positions........flexible with school and family responsibilities...............
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is one big family! Everyone caters for each other and has each other’s back! We work well together and desire to see the YMCA succeed! Customer service is huge and we always greet with a smile.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really enjoy this job, I learned a lot and met with a lot of new people. I became better at public speaking, and problem solving throughout working this job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have learned many valuable skills from my employment at the YMCA. However, due to my schedule, I cannot work the hours I prefer and the pay isn’t worth the time and effort I put into the job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here for years. I loved seeing new kids come in and being able to teach them new skills. As well as seeing my regular group and watching them grow into great little people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked with the Sarasota YMCA for 22 years and have loved my experiences and the people there. The ability to make a difference in people’s lives is a wonder feeling
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Y is a great starting off point for new college graduates interested in working in the health and wellness field or non-profit organization.
Free membership