Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Health Coach

Munkakör megnevezése
Health Coach273 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
273 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 733 értékelés megtekintése
Friendly Environment
I loved working there because of the people and sense of community but I felt as if my job was just to fill in if i was needed when I was under the impression I would be working full time.
Corona virus
I am very disappointed in how they treated the hourly workers during this time. They really didn’t care about how we were going to survive and frankly we didn’t hear from the director of our YMCA for five days to tell us anything. He is one of the most non-caring person I have ever worked with! Not cool!!
2,0
Good place to start
I would not recommend trying to make a career here due to low pay and lack of being able to move up in the ranks. The members are WONDERFUL! There is not much employee appreciation and not much opportunity.
Productive and Fun Work Environment
I have held multiple positions within the YMCA, including being a Personal Trainer, Fitness Floor Associate, Healthy Lifestyle Coach, and Biometric Screener. This company truly takes care of it's employees and members. It is the best work environment I have ever been in.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Friendly, welcoming community to work in
A good place to start a first time job or side job, meeting nice people and being in a positive environment on a regular basis. I have learned that I have support when I'm having a bad day or feel alone.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Thanks
Thanks you for the opportunity you gave me. And if there ever a chance, to come work again I would and reference everyone to go or work for the ymca. Thanks
Emphasizes health and wellness
A typical work day consisted of being out on the floor and observing guests perform exercises and assist them in performing them effectively and safely.
No room for advancement
They aren't interested in hiring anyone full-time or giving me the hours I need. I enjoy working with the clients and have great co-workers but I have to have more hours. I've been promised more hours for 2 years and it hasn't happened.
free gym membership
Kontra érvek
no healthcare or benefits options, very low hours
A good place to work
They are very accommodating.
It is a friendly place to work.

They provide cpr training.

I loved the clients, you get to know the people who come in daily.
Very Inclusive Space
Got my first job here as a teenager in high school. Worked here for several years. I loved using the free gym membership. I worked in several different departments at the YMCA and I honestly didn't mind them at all.
Free snack
Pay
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management doesn't care about you
Nothing like heading into the holidays terminated for accidentally missing a shift. I took a day or two off because of mental health which usually isn't a problem for me, but I got some scary medical news recently. Then our new "manager" switched my shift and told me first week of December it started on Wednesday nights. I wasn't aware I still had my Monday shift for this week as well so I didn't go in. Nobody ever called me, I would of went right in. They most likely wanted me to "no call no show" which I've never done before this, so they can term me. In a time of need and medical bills, stress relief of being able to exercise there, they just canned me. Cowardly by the management to not even meet with me and hear what happened. They pay is super low, nothing stimulating to do, wellness members are basically expected to be janitors. Management is over-stressed and it trickles down to not caring about you or listening to you. Possibly good for young workers, but I'd say find a job at a store or something, avoid it here.
Fun environment
I learned how to manage the day-to-day fitness operations. Learned how to work with a variety of people and learning how to interact with them. I enjoyed my time there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work at and friendly people
I like the job and I love working with people. I love working with the young kids and I love working with the elderly people as well. They keep me motivated at all times.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great work environment doing what I love
I absolutely love my job. I work with happy people and I am doing what I love to do, which is working in the fitness industry. I like helping other people improve their lives.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and flexible workplace with overall great management
My current management team is great. They're super friendly and recognize hard work as well as reward it. If you put in the work you can definitely make your way up at a decent pace. In 3 months time I've gone from doing a few hours a week as a gym attendant and wellness coach to having supervisory responsibilities and the ability to transition into personal training. I have the opportunity to make decisions about equipment repairs, member engagement, and many other decisions such as training clients whilst having a flexible schedule. That being said I do believe not all facilities/branches are created equal and you're not likely to find many better Y's out there. Along with that the pay isn't great sadly but if you can work around and be willing to be a team player you're bound to have a good experience.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for anyone
I love being at the Y. I only work part time but I’ve found the Y a perfect place for me finding my second career a little later in life. The Y looks for folks who have an up attitude and forward motivation.
Although the pay and benefits aren’t top tier you can bet on being pleased to show up at work there.

For me just knowing that what I’m doing is giving back to my community is worth it. Plus I’m gaining experience and getting access to training in my field of interest.
Free membership!
Pay is a little low
Don’t work here
The YMCA has this bogus show they put on that’s all about “we’re a team here” and “everyone loves everyone” but I personally have not seen a greater disparity between the directors and entry level positions. They just sit in their offices all day and then complain and yell at you for not working hard enough. There’s no transparency, no job security, pay is minimum wage but they ask for maximum work and effort because it’s “for the team”, and the real culture there is absolutely an “Us vs. Them” mentality. Don’t even bother trying to work here
Munkahelyi kultúra
Terrible work place, Employees crapped on
Working as a Wellness staff they expect you to be cleaning at all times when its not necessary. When you work long hours there isn't always someone to give you a break to eat or you had to track someone down someone who would just sit and do nothing while they were in your place. Front desk employees could eat behind the desk and not get in trouble but no one else could. I started at $9 (in 2016) working there, a year later I found out by other employees that I was making $2 less than all the other wellness staff, I am a mom of 4 kids. When I asked to be compensated for back pay they refused and told me to be quiet and they couldn't "discuss other employees pay rate." The higher ups don't do anything and expect the "lowers" to always be moving and doing. Plus they wanted us to go and bother people who were working out on the machines and equipment. Not a good place to work, only teenagers and kids right out of High school could use a job like that. The YMCA say they are "for women and children" but they didn't show me that when they thought I was worth $2 less than everyone else and all those employees sat on their butts all day while I cleaned.
Free Membership
ALL OF IT!
Munkahelyi kultúra
A family atmosphere that cares for all.
I LOVE teaching group fitness classes at the YMCA! I have a great passion for sharing knowledge with members, coaching, encouraging and helping members who seek me out on a one to one basis. The management is great and flexible, and during difficult times in one's life they are empathetic and provide individual support. I truly feel the YMCA is family to me and I would not want to work for another organization or facility.
Management is trash
Don’t work here
People don’t pull their weight and get off Free without punishment, unrealistic expectations. Management doesn’t respect your time when you’re off they still ask you to do things pertaining with o the job like helping to love equipment
Great Place
Great place to work at, I would totally tell a friend to apply here, we all get a lot so well. It's a nice company to be at, everyone is friendly. I love this place.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés