YMCA
4,0 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Head Lifeguard

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
154 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 984 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The team of staff is fun to work with and get to know. Have made some great friends. But sadly pay is not the best. Pay rate can barely cover much for you if Its your only job which sucks cause other YMCA's in the country pay much better.
Free membership, good coworkers
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Listen the y does great things for certain communities but being an employee there was not a good experience. I made some of my best friends from my coworkers, but management and upper level management was terrible. I was a lifeguard for three years and did advance to a pool coordinator position for summer camp. My coworkers and I were obviously trained a lot more compared to other staff because of our multiple certifications we need, but we were paid the same. Continuously, from upper level management we were always “some of the most important people on the team“ but it did not feel like that because of our pay. I just always felt like management was always promising things they could not commit to, even if it was as simple as new equipment. One manager even asked a girl to drop out of high school so she could work full-time because they were so low staffed. This is not what you want out of your boss and representing a nonprofit company who is supposed to be doing the opposite of that. Overall, it’s not a bad place for a high school job or if you really want to climb up in the ranks, I just recommend leaving it better than you found.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work was long but had some breaks. At the Y I learned that in not just this job but in all jobs you should keep the core values in place. Honesty, Responsibility. Respect. Care. Management was ok. I had a few problems and they weren't solved.
the flexible schedule
the other employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at YMCA is good lmaooooo I gotta was ywowwow was a good night wowPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at YMCA are you going to be able to come get back together wow WOW qow
Munkahelyi kultúra
Highly taken advantage of as a great worker and grew tired and tired of being under-appreciated quickly. However, it was quite fun while it lasted, before it became unbearable.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA I was at may have been the worse one but it wasn't great. They were very unorganized and dirty, there were many scandals with employees dnd with clients. That being said there is allot of fun to be had and things to learn. these are community no for profits get ready to have a work family, as dysfunctional as it may be. I just feel as though a YMCA should not have the same issues as a budding small business but it does
Pro érvek
Fun job, great role models
Unprofessional management, discrimination
Munkahelyi kultúra
a typical day at work would include watching more than 100 people in our pools at any given time giving swim tests to kids in a fast manner making sure none of our activities for the pool are disturbed. Making sure all of my guards are focused on the pool and ready for work. Running chemical tests to insure quality of water and chlorine. and lastly running drills on lifegaurds simulating an emergency in facility or pool with observation drills, dolls.
free membership
Kontra érvek
short breaks can be very stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good start for a first job decent pay being young very flexible hours management will work with you and understands your schedule very well training classes each month.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working here as a lifeguard best 5 years of my life super supportive coworkers and managers. Well organized and easy to adapt your schedule to your personal life
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the YMCA helped improved my communication skills with families from all back grounds. The YMCA helped open up more opportunities to benefit communities all across NYC.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a great place to work with loving people who care about your well being. I work and go to school and they are very understanding of that and help me organize my hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is pretty laid back and the supervisors are awesome as well as your coworkers. It does get a little stressful sometimes when they are understaffed.
Friendly work environment
Not enough pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Family place. Love to see growth in everyone. Fair and honest. Have worked there over 7 years staff bonds great with each other’s and the members.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The place is so disappointing, they don't do repairs or proper maintenance that needs to be addressed and they pay horribly for the training required and responsibility on the job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great community organization and provides ample opportunities for growth. As a lifeguard, you have the ability to select a work schedule that fits with your schedule.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great work environment. Very family friendly. Members are really nice here. They are very accommodating with hours and provide great benefits.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This workplace largely focuses on giving its employees a great deal of flexibility. Unfortunately with that comes an inability to consider the work meaningful. It is enjoyable in certain parts but both relaxed and dull.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I do truly love working at the YMCA. It’s given me a sense of purpose and belonging to a community. I get to meet many people and be apart of their daily lives.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a good place to work. The facilities are very nice. Being a lifeguard is not a very difficult job, per se, but it is not a job you should consider if you don't want to care about your job. You should always be paying attention and doing the best you can do. The Y ensures you are upholding certain standards of professionalism/knowledge, which is important for a job like this.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good for a first or second job, but dont get comfy there. They'll never pay you anything livable unless you put in 20+ years and have a 4 year degree.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work included interacting with people and getting to know them personally. The management always listened when there was a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able create lasting relationships with people.