Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Head Lifeguard

Munkakör megnevezése
Head Lifeguard102 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
102 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 710 értékelés megtekintése
Good First Job
This job is pretty laid back and the supervisors are awesome as well as your coworkers. It does get a little stressful sometimes when they are understaffed.
Friendly work environment
Not enough pay
Flexibility
Great Family place. Love to see growth in everyone. Fair and honest. Have worked there over 7 years staff bonds great with each other’s and the members.
Good for high school.
The place is so disappointing, they don't do repairs or proper maintenance that needs to be addressed and they pay horribly for the training required and responsibility on the job.
Excellent opportunities
The YMCA has several programs that allow for employees to expand their work and professional experiences. Management can be hit or miss, however. It depends on who is currently in charge of your department.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA had changed my life for the better
I do truly love working at the YMCA. It’s given me a sense of purpose and belonging to a community. I get to meet many people and be apart of their daily lives.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
A good job
The YMCA is a good place to work. The facilities are very nice. Being a lifeguard is not a very difficult job, per se, but it is not a job you should consider if you don't want to care about your job. You should always be paying attention and doing the best you can do. The Y ensures you are upholding certain standards of professionalism/knowledge, which is important for a job like this.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Relaxed, good place to work
when you're lifeguarding, you need to know how to do your job, and do it right everyday. It's the same here as with other lifeguarding jobs. You can find a lot of co-workers are very relatable and fun to spend time with on breaks.
Good workplace, tough pay
I always loved my time at the YMCA. Staff all around tends to be very kind and hard-working. New employees are welcome with open arms. Though the great work environment can only do so much to combat the low pay.
Awesome part time job
I worked for YMCA as a lifeguard while I was in school and they were great about working with my hours. I learned safety, CPR and everything else that comes with being a lifeguard.
Student Job
Depends on your job but overall very easy going and suitable for students. They work with you to make sure things are well on both ends. Very collaborative community.
Great work experience.
I learned a lot while working at the YMCA. I taugh the cpr and first aid classes, and i helped train the next generation of life guards and did my best to prepare them to become leaders in their fields.
Free membership
Busy
Good first job
Good for your first job. They expect alot more than what is in your job description. Favorites are played but if someone has the same title and they do a worse job than you both will get the same raise and title. Very hard for advancement. Flexible work hours. Full time nearly impossible
Flexible hours, easily hired
Kontra érvek
People are lazy with no consequences, managnent pick favorites, alot of drama
Good Starting job
I enjoyed working here but its not a career. It's a very high stress job and management is mediocre at best. Better than flipping burgers but don't expect to be living off of this job
Good summer job
Great summer job, management is a bit unfair with the aquatics department. All in all, the aquatics director is fair enough. I do not see myself living off of this single job.
Great place to work!
I have worked for the YMCA from my time in high school all the way until my senior year in college. I LOVE THE Y. They are family. Everyone is always willing to help out in some way. Would recommend to anyone.
Easy job little pay
If you're not in it for the money its a good place to work. The hours are very flexible and there are many different departments to work in. At times the experience can be emotionally rewarding and others you want to quit immediately. Pay does get capped.
flexible schedule
Kontra érvek
few raises, some problem members
Fun for a college job
My first job. Was a great place to work during school due to flexible hours. Management was usually lacking as the low salaries prevented them from hiring the best people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace for young adults looking for part time weekend/after school work. Day time roles great for adults looking to fill their afternoons
The best part of the job was the people you worked with. Managers and co-workers alike were great people. I struggled the most with my hours. Because I was an older employee without many day time obligations, I often worked longer hours and went more often without a day off. That being said, this position works well with your personal schedule. Often giving time off when requested. However, monthly schedules were due on the 15th of the month before, so planning your live 1.5-2 months ahead of time was required if you needed time off.
flexible schedules
hard finding shift coverage
Great entry level position
My fellow employees were great. Most of the time the work was rewarding, but management was awful. Very unorganized. For a nonprofit, they did EVERYTHING to cut corners, including not paying us for mandatory meetings (which is ILLEGAL). They were eventually forced to abide by the law when it was brought to the attention of the Regional Manager. Basically they tried to take advantage of their young and naive employees to save a few bucks. Not cool. Overall I enjoyed my experience as a lifeguard, but dealing with management was a pain.
Fun job
unorganized management
Great - in small doses
It gets very monotonous when all I have to do is stare at a pool for 37.5 hours a week.
In high stress situations quite often.

Lots of great people and fun to be around, but like mentioned earlier, lots of hours doing not a lot.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work, low pay
Great place for college students but for my job and the responsibilities our department has I would definitely say we are under paid. Great managemeant though. My supervisor and the individuals up at the front desk are all very friendly and helpful.
Choose your hours
Low pay
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés