Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Floor Staff

Munkakör megnevezése
Floor Staff22 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
22 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 629 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Clean gym and friendly co-workers. We have a 403b retirement plan. Paid on the 10th and 25th of each month. Free gym membership for all employees. Free parking in the parking garage
Munkahelyi kultúra
Avoid working here. Fit floor and trainer for over a year. I honestly dread going to work every day. The only enjoyable thing about the company are the fellow coworkers at your level. That's it. The Y lets their members treat the facility however they want, with no repercussions, as long as it keeps them happy and coming back. Higher ups treat me as the dog of the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. The people were friendly and a very collaborative atmosphere. There was lots of outside classes to take that were sometimes inconvenient. I would recommend working here mainly from the atmosphere being friendly and supportive, members and staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
the job wasn't anything special. I would just stand in the gym and walk around making sure everything was running smooth. everyone I worked with was very nice. upper management were cool as well.
easy
boring
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work revolved around providing safety for visitors and maintenance with the facility. I Learned patience, and excellent customer service. Along with seeing potential within myself to grow, and mature. Looking for an opportunity where I can trust and respect my management and follow their word. I did not feel that at the YMCA so I challenged myself with a better career path and became a Personal Trainer.I believe trust and compassion run a successful business. The hardest part of the job was being limited to 29 hours a week. The most enjoyable part was forging lifelong memories and friendships. Now as a Personal Trainer, I look to better myself and others. As well as working for a company/business that can respect my potential and can lead by example.
Flexible Hours
Kontra érvek
Limited schedule (less than 40 hours a week)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great and easy going place with really great coworkers and really good opportunities for advancement. There isn't much micromanaging and they provide very flexible hours.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours and easy balance between your job and personal life.
Not enough hours.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good enjoyed very interested got to kno new people learned how to price and tag clothing staff was amazing didn’t last very long as it was closed down unfortunately I really did enjoy my time there
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work for and also it will look good on your resume for future careers. It is a great place to work will you are in school too. Over a wonderful place.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a personal trainer and fitness floor monitor. This was my first position as a trainer, so I was given clients after all the other trainers schedules were filled. You have to start somewhere! Management was friendly, kind, and challenging.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at the YMCA would include. Clocking in on time and checking that all work attire is in order. Checking personal training appointments for the day and contacting clients to confirm these appointments. Run through the programs for each particular client.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My average day basically consisted on supervising the teen fitness center, making everyone was using the equipment correctly, making sure no one was fooling around and cleaning machines. I learned a good amount of information on the equipment and proper workouts. My managers at the time were awesome! They really always looked out for their staff and made you feel appreciated. The place at times made you feel like you were one big family. The hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult members who would break the rules on a daily basis. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out the kids.
Good Hours, Free gym membership, Free cpr training
Kontra érvek
Too much nonsense, Pay only average
Munkahelyi kultúra
On a typical day of work at the YMCA, I refill cleaning bottles and greet members; sometimes I attend events and cookouts hosted by the Y which I enjoy immensely.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the Y was a great experience. i met lots of people from all walks of life. it taught me different approaches on how to set up different workout routines for each individual. for me there was no hard part to this job. i was a fitness floor staff and i love being in the gym. when i was hired here management was great. After a year it switched and the whole vibe changed that on top of lack of hours and pay i had to make a change
Networking
lack of hours and pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
A temp job at best. I learned that you have to be a teacher's pet to be a lead or more hours while working with the kids. The area that shines is the janitorial staff and wellness staff, they are there not for the money but to do their job and it shows a lot!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working here! Words can not describe how wonderful the staff and members are. I got to help members workout on machines they have never used before and taught a boot camp class for women and children.
people
racking weights
Munkahelyi kultúra
Allows for a very customer service and 'people person' types to thrive and grow within the business. Since it is ran by donations and by memberships the facility is very membership oriented.
Munkahelyi kultúra
good part time gig. networking with members. great job to work on your social skills. management is always involved with with staff and members. great job to work on your leadership skills
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very community based facility everyone is welcoming and enjoy working with each other.
The staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day requires greeting member and signing new members up for membership and giving them tours. Keeping the gym nice and tidy and basically tending to any needs the members have. The most enjoyable is meeting new people and getting to talk to people, also being able to move around. The hardest is dealing with complaints and trying to please everyone.
-cleaned restrooms
-racked weights

-helped members

-closed YMCA
Munkahelyi kultúra
Interact with members while meeting there needs. Just by being around the workout floor, you learn tons of information, making it easy to study for becoming a personal trainer. Everyone from the members and staff is friendly.

The hardest part about the job is that it can get boring is things are slow.

Talking to people freely as work cant be be.