Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Fitness Instructor

Munkakör megnevezése
Fitness Instructor513 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
513 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 238 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a great place work. I love that we are very family oriented and most importantly that we give back to our community. We everyone and we don't turn away no one for lack of ability to pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is suppose to represent community values. All this place cares about is money, they don’t care about employees, members or the community. They only care about money. Definitely the most greedy company I have ever worked for. If you want to be under appreciated, underpaid, and undervalued then this it the place for you.
The works easy
Management is horrible
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ok place to work. A lot of drama and frustrations from corporate. Nonprofit means low pay and constantly raising money. I would work here if I had very young children so they could work with me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Only work here If you need extra income. But make sure you have other plans. There wasnt enough room for growth and the respect is not very high. If you need a lityle bit of money then by all means, but dont make this a career
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love teaching for the Y, just wish they weren’t the lowest paying gym out there. I’ve taught for the Y for numerous years and still receive less pay than other gyms I’ve just started teaching at
Friendly environment
Kontra érvek
Low pay for a lot of preparation for teaching classes
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Facility was not clean and poorly maintained. Catered to “health seekers” and refused programming for more athletic types. Asked for class suggestions, I’d write them they would refuse to implement except a few months later they’d run it in a dumbed down version. Everyone was encouraged to be mediocre and embrace mediocrity with gusto. Taught early AM classes which paid a premium except they forgot to tell me that for YEARS
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of the Peninsula's is a toxic company that forms cliques and exploits its employees weaknesses or flaws with nothing in place to address employees issues except to document and judge. The management team is immature, and not trained to manage nor required to be. The term "that is your job" is constantly used to demean you if you ask for help. The communication is abrasive and most of what you hear will be from a coworker because they communicate behind your back. There is no ethical code and everyone will know what is going on with you.The work environment is not inclusive, and they use dogmatic practices to handle employee concerns, with no real empathy or system to fix problems or help employees. The values they extend to members are not extended to employees. I learned to never be open or vulnerable at a workplace ever again. And if i find myself struggling to perform its probably better to quit the job because you will not be trained or helped if you under perform. There is not a single skill i will take from working there that will help me further my work career. There is no such thing as growth unless you are a part of their cliques.
flexibility of schedule
Kontra érvek
Poor management skills, no training, severely underpaid, and poor communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love the Y's Christian influence and value of the community, however, the pay is not ideal and made it difficult to support my family. Overall, I enjoyed being at the YMCA.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Pay is insignificant. After paying for releases and certifications. I’m lucky if I break even :)

Benefits - gym membership and youth discount is a big deal.

This is a happy place and I work there for a cause. Not for money. Helping people is my passion.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA treats you like family. You are treated with respect and are valued as a good instructor.
The people who work there are a wonderful group. They are very helpful and they care about me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA has given me the opportunity to give back to the community and know that I am helping others. The YMCA puts a lot of time and effort into diversity training and making sure everyone feels included.
Pro érvek
Flexibilty, Benefits of working with others
Kontra érvek
Compensation and ability for advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a mother of three that are schools age, I needed something flexible. I was able to get some classes that fit my schedule perfectly. Child care was also important for me when my children were younger
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wages are the lowest I have ever seen in both, fitness and administrative sides. There is no growth, no culture of better opportunities or learning. You are stagnant, no learning opportunities within the company, and the pay will not allow you to do much.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy the atmosphere at the Ymca. The other employees are nice people but not everyone is on the same level.

the bosses are not so present and tend to micro manage. most of the time employees get mixed messages and nothing is clear.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have enjoyed working at the Y. The YMCA offers opportunities to advance and to move internally within the company. They provide CPR and First Aid classes.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA had a strong sense of community. There were opportunities to grow a client base and also participate in group training. The trainers learned a lot from each other.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working at the YMCA downtown location, the staff is friendly and helpful and the members really appreciate your work.
However, other locations are not as friendly and the members can be challenging at times. Choose a location that fits your personality.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a great experience working at the YMCA in Canton, GA. Everyone was very positive and friendly. Excellent customer service which I strongly believe in any organization.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have been an employee of the Y for 2 years and I love it. The staff is wonderful, the members are the sweetest you will find and the management really cares about what is working and what needs to be tweaked.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It all depends on the type of job you are applying for will help you with the attire of clothing and the energy of the upcoming interview. It’s a big family working here honestly my favorite job out of everywhere I’ve worked.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Small gym in Harrisburg without a pool operating in the red. Not being very competible with local fitness businesses. All employees are part time. Only the Director is full time.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés