Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Educator

Munkakör megnevezése
Educator55 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
55 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 629 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you’re in the field of health and wellness no better place than the YMCA. When I worked there i always felt part of the team. I felt comfortable being myself and it was refreshing to come to work and work under such strong leader ship and management.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you are not liked you will be treated accordingly. Limited areas to move up in. Management is only there for each other and will sweep important things under the rug.
Pro érvek
You get to work with amazing children and help them grow and to be successful.
Kontra érvek
Harassment, bullying, favourtism, lack of support, lack of confidentiality, unprofessional, tocix work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
I gained many valuable skills during my time at the YMCA. I built solid relationships with co-workers, and was assisted whenever necessary. I also learnt a lot of methods of dealing with challenging behaviours, and how to build a good rapport with students.
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Morning shifts are easygoing and relaxed, whereas after shifts are a little more busier as the children are energised. The job includes preparing meals, setting up activities and interacting and engaging with children while maintaining a safe atmosphere.
Hanging out with children
Short hours
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed work but management was all over the place. Getting a straight answer was difficult. Lots of power struggles.
Center director was on a mission to get rid of staff that were persevered to be loyal to other coordinators.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great managment . Pay not so great but very rewarding job. As long as you can handle working with all the women that are hired. Large turn over rate. Non profit makes it a challenge for supplies and such.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've been employed at the Y for over a year now and I'm pleased to be working for a great company. The team culture is terrific. As always, there will be difficult days with student behaviour but the training and support is exceptional. I highly recommended the Y as an employer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun environment to be in. create lasting friendships and people skills.

Typical day included prepping for students arrival, engaging in fun activities with kids and supervising
Munkahelyi kultúra
Absolutely loved working for the YMCA. It was a perfect spot to grow and determine my next steps for my career. I made lifelong friends and enjoyed it
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is good place to work and provides a great learning experience for the people who are trying to get in to the teaching industry. It also gives you a chance to program your lessons carefully and attend a lot of training sessions to learn how to manage children in everyday classroom situations.It also gives teachers an opportunity to build up team working skills.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA is a fun, upbeat job that requires patience and willing to be responsible. The YMCA is a very supportive workplace that allows the guests and staff to feel comfortable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
supervise children, plan activities, daily reports. Overall a very fun place to work. Field trips every week, and all summer. Help build children of the future, by setting up activities that focus on development.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
HR, managers etc. can't really do anything to support you if you have any problems with your job as no one is really able to make any decisions. No advancement really for their staff or very little made public to them.
Lots of your own time and money spent on the job (on supplies, prep time and driving)

Pay was late on multiple occasions, super unprofessional responses if any response at all to your emails or calls.

Overall just a stressful place to work that is completely not worth the minimum wage they pay you, not to mention the split shifts for School Age Educators (7am-9am, 10-2pm, and then again 3pm-6pm) gives you no time in the day to have a life or really relax, makes for a long week.
Experience working with children, work 2-4hrs at a time
Kontra érvek
Exhausting days(split shifts), poor pay and no workplace advancement
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to work, but could always use some improvement. Improvements such as appreciation of staff daily. Pay rates updated for the amount of work
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working for the Y, it is so fun to work with the children. everyday is a new experience and challenging in its own way. The hours are very flexible and willing to change.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a tiring job but very rewarding at the end of the day. The atmosphere here is contagious. Everyone loves being outside and around kids so you know you'll be supported by your team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with opportunities to grow. Although the job is stressful sometimes, working with the kids makes up for it. Its a fun job to start off in your career in education.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This camp was one of the best places I have worked for. Everyone is hysterical and the schools that come in the kids are so excited to be there. Expect long days but are very much worth it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Job! The place is full of individuals that want to help others. It is truly flexible and an amazing place to begin a career. I really enjoy my job and I always look forward to work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is very rare that people are able to happily say they look forward to working but that's exactly what I do. Every day here challenges me to learn more and be better. The growth, experience, and encouragement I've gotten here is unmatched.
Pro érvek
Room and board, free meals
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is the best place to work and gave myself learning through YMCA culture and YMCA has many benefits such as gym, pools and also many other benefits.
free GYM