Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Early Childhood Teacher

Munkakör megnevezése
Early Childhood Teacher138 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
138 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 418 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The environment is great! Moanagment is awesome and you can go to any one of them for help or advice. If you love working with kids then this is definitely a job you should do. Sometimes hard to go to the bathroom because someone has to come relieve you but hey who said being a teacher was easy. The only downfalls are some of the teachers who work there. A lot of going behind each others back and creating lots of drama. However, the YMCA is a great company. Phil Hooper, Brian Spence, and Zach Duel are amazing and always very helpful
Working with children
Teacher drama
Munkahelyi kultúra
The place had great place but management all the way up seemed shady. I didnt trust people in charge to do the right thing for me and I didnt believe everything
Great familys
Pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Some policies make you feel belittled, not trusted to do the right thing, little recognition or none.
Parents started leaving soon after YMCA took over so numbers dropped and staff received less hours.

At interview you were made to feel there was opportunities for training or other job positions this was not evident to me after employment.
Can not think of any
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working split shift is never a great deal, but the Y recognizes that and offers full time split shift staff salary and full benefits. ECAs aren't paid enough to live on but the schedule allows for a second job with flexible hours. If you have an ECE degree, you will be paid higher than average.
Pro érvek
Paid trainings, supportive management, fast paced
Kontra érvek
Lots of paperwork and non paid prep
Munkahelyi kultúra
While working with children is great and i love it i do enjoy this aspect as iys very rewarding. The upper management is not great to work for as they play favorites and do not pay us well. They have the child care center to help supplement the fitness center and i feel they should each be there own as the child care is a non profit organization.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The children were great. I observed a lot of disorganization and name blame game. The pay was not what it was suppose to be for that program, definitely Underpaid.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Excellent place to work in. Diversity amongst staff is visible at all branches. There is a lot of support from supervisors to foster all staff members needs and growth. The workplace culture is positive and uplifting.
Pro érvek
Professional Development and workshops are offered.
n/a
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Honestly I felt like from the beginning staff who worked for the YMCA for more than 2 years definitely felt burned out. There was no programming time. The paperwork was overwhelming and there is a lot of bias for supervisors.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great learning experience, it really shaped me as an educator and expanded my view on observations, childbearing practices and formal documentation practices.

They support their educators and encourage continuing education and professional development.

Team leads were amazing teammates and mentors.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a supply staff has more pros than it has cons. You get various experience working in several different sites and you're not confined to just one location. You get to meet wonderful staff and amazing kids each time. You basically set your own schedule and can work between 0-44 hours which is amazing especially if you have school or another full time job. The interview is difficult but if you get an interview GO and be your best self!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Where I work is fun with the kids. The kids make your day go by fast. You get to interact, engage and get to know the kids and you'll find yourself having things in common with a lot of them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good balance life style keep you active. member are very cooperative, management are well train for their job- there is consistent training everyday . this the work learning while you are working which not only keep you active is also keep growing personally.it's fun working here
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very high employee turn over rate, often feel the stress of being short staffed and inconsistencies. Very difficult to book days off or take sick days as there is never any staff coverage.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, the job is good working with children from early to school age stages of development. ECE/ECA's have a difficult job taking care of children and youth.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Millidgeville community centre was the worst place I ever worked. The supervisors were horrible and did not care about staff. She yelled at staff in front of other staff and the children. Working there gave me workplace anxiety that I had to go to therapy for. They appear like they are so inclusive, but that is not the case. My job was threatened many times and when I took my issues to HR nothing was done. I do not recommend working for the YMCA!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
A very enjoyable and fun loving place to work, the staff are very professional and experienced.
Program plans are well executed, The children love being at the center and learning from the staff.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work with excellent peers and supportive administrators. Work life balance is good and pay is quite fair. Work is fairly flexible! I would go back again!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Enjoyable atmosphere, work culture, and good staff. Collaboration and teamwork as well as independent work. You work with children and families.
Management is good, will take concerns seriously.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I got a lot of insight about ECE!Experiences gained at the Y were useful for the next job! The Y is very knowledgeable about the ECE field and their standards are high!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I am an early childhood assistant and working with the children and staff is fun. watching the children grow and learning new things is pretty amazing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
help children with their day to day routines. play and learn experience. assist ECE staff with their routine and help wth smooth transitions. Help children find their interests and hobbies by giving them activities which could help them academically.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés