Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Director

Munkakör megnevezése
Director376 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
376 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 222 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Reston YMCA is a wonderful place to work and the members are very friendly. I learned a lot while working there and will always have fond memories of this place
Munkahelyi kultúra
Expected to work 60 hours a week for barely more than minimum wage. Routinely required to respond to employees and Executives on your days off/vacation days.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good. Retirement, vacation, sick benefits, flexibility for family life balancing.

Bad. Salary, insurance, leadership, respect, advancement, support.

Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good experience. You really are able to connect with the families and staff. You have a purpose for your job. There are alot of opportunities to help give back to the community!
Munkahelyi kultúra
With the YMCA being a non-profit organization, it focuses on the ways that its employees are able to give back to the community. It is a great place to work if you have a passion to serve.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do yourself a favor and don’t apply here. I worked at the Venice Y for 3 years running an all star cheer program. I was furloughed for 2 months during COVID. There was little to no communication with me or any of the parents. They laid me off (with an email) right when gyms could reopen. They only care about money. DON’T WORK HERE OR GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management has a long way to go with employee culture and recognizing staff. Selling memberships and making money seems to be the only priority. No room for advancement even though they tell you there is. Continue to give Directors at the top multiple titles instead of diversifying their team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of Greater Kansas City is a place where you have the opportunity to grow initially and offers opportunity for initial advancement.

Unfortunately, upper management is not great at communication and often makes reactive decisions instead of proactive decisions. Upper management is not very receptive to feedback or new ideas either which makes innovation difficult.

That being said, the workplace culture is good at certain levels and depends greatly on your immediate supervisor and work location.

The hardest part of my job was to completely staff the department I was overseeing. It made it increasingly difficult to have work-life balance and to offer quality programming to participants.

The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing both employees and program participants progress in skills and confidence. This was by far the most rewarding part of my job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unappreciated, over worked. School-age department is the worst department at this YMCA. The rest of this Y is phenomenal. Management in school age is very thankless.
Skills related to job
Part of the community

Active older Adults

Creating the Member experience

Work life balance

Fast paced environment

Healthy Lifestyle- Free membership

Discount on Summer camp for family
Munkahelyi kultúra
unexperienced and unprofessional upper managment. Disorganized and lack of leadership skills and fairness. Upper managment does not follow labor laws when it comes to treating staff fairly. Racist environment and a lot of devide among staff of different ethinc backgound. Unfair pay practices and a sense of high school cultures among their teachers who do not care about the children except for their a pay check.
corruption among upper managment
Munkahelyi kultúra
The upper management was new and had no clue how to run a branch effectively, nor how to be a good manager for their leadership team.
I highly recommend against working for a Y full time, they won't treat you well. The Y is a great place as a part-time/side gig.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is more interested in how they appear publicly than in taking care of their employees. They will tell you one thing and then deny that they ever said it. They are superbly dishonest and really just interested in how much money they can make.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work. I enjoy the job. I really like working with a team, working with kids and being able to teach.I also see my-self retiring with the company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy working for the YMCA. I have made many friends and developed myself into a very competent director. The hardest part of the job is finding a stopping point in the day to go home.
Munkahelyi kultúra
For the most part I enjoyed my time working for the YMCA. Most of the people were great and it was great interacting with the members on a day-to-day basis. Extreme micromanagement and lack of support from senior leadership. Senior leadership seemed to have lost its vision on what the Y once stood for and only focused on the money versus its people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Low pay no benefits part time,but nice people doing great things for the community training is both free and you are paid for your hours. The kids are great you really do have a sense of purpose, and accomplishment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is a decent job for students or someone just starting out, but they do not have the organizational support for long term work life balance or successful collaboration.
organized routine
constantly changing staff schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is a great place to learn a lot about people, leadership, and overcoming obstacles in a short amount of time. Things are constantly moving, changing, and there is always something to keep you busy. As a nonprofit, resources are always tight, and everyone ends up wearing multiple hats in order to get things done. The challenge in this is that, inevitably, it's impossible to be good at everything, so something always suffers.
Flexibility, Opportunities for Advancement
Stress of constant change/emergencies
Munkahelyi kultúra
I learned many skills that I could take with me. The hardest part is that it becomes too easy to take on more then you can do because you understand the mission and purpose in the community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While this location is laid back and flexible with you, there is still a lot of behind the back things that go on. Very childish atmosphere with management.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés