Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Director

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
383 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 789 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Reston YMCA is a wonderful place to work and the members are very friendly. I learned a lot while working there and will always have fond memories of this place
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was passed over for opportunity after opportunity and was never given leadership in my last job with the company. My supervisor was very unprofessional and absent.
The gym was free
money
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceIf your working in the childcare department specifically in the morning and afternoon programs be advised that you have split shift times.Pay & benefitsPart time employees don’t get insurance and many times salary positions are limited.Job security and advancementIf you want to climb the ranks fast this isn’t the place however if your looking to get fulfillment from helping others this is the place you should be.ManagementI love their mission statement and how active they are involved with the community.CultureWhile at the ymca I always felt welcomed and encouraged to grow. It’s typically welcoming and a fun job.OverallIf your looking to grow skills or work directly in customer service or early childhood education this is a great place to start. Many times college students would get part time jobs or seasonal positions while enrolled. You have access to training and hours are flexible, pay is good as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There full time positions are fulfilling although stressful is no understatement. Your part time staff can make your life a breeze or a living nightmare. You upper managers can be very reluctant to give you the ability you need to create a team that works for you.
Free gym membership, Nice people, Decent management
Kontra érvek
Could be payed more elsewhere, staffing crisis
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA starts off great and they really have you drink the kool-aid to seem like the Y is helping the community. In reality, when things hit the fan and there's a crisis (COVID) they immediately furloughed or laid off 90% of the staff but were still marketing and promoting that we were all busy working to help the community even though they weren't, they just acted as if they did so they'd get donations. The only community they cared about was the ones who still paid, and they made it very clear that they didn't value or care about the staff swore up and down that they couldn't function without. It created a very negative environment and they did not handle the COVID crisis well at all. It was hard to stay working for that association and to believe the mission of the work after seeing it all happen. They also didn't like staff acknowledging the Black Lives Matter movement to POC community or youth or incorporating it into curriculums for years until 2020 when it became "correct" to do so. It became one of those situations where you love your job until you realize what's happening behind the scenes and ultimately lose the drive to continue their mission because it all feels so fake.
Pro érvek
Salary (before COVID depleted budgets)
Kontra érvek
It's hard to move up unless you've gotten on VP's secret "list" of who gets to move up, even if they do not perform well or have been unsuccessful at running programs
Munkahelyi kultúra
Mission work is rewarding but not a lot of advancement opportunities. Not always honest leadership and they will work you as much as you are willing without overtime. Generous PTO package.
Generous PTO package, nice coworkers
Kontra érvek
No advancement, bad leadership, poor work life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
While the CEO makes over half a million to send out disgruntled youtube videos every couple of weeks and the senior team pays themselves hundreds of thousands of dollars, the program directors and managers on the ground are barely paid a livable salary while being expected to work at all hours of the day. Take for example how they laid off 15% of all full time employees due to COVID, doubled job duties for those they chose to keep without paying us a penny more! Their justification? That the new structure allows for growth and development within the association that could potentially lead to higher earnings. They want us to give the world without them giving us anything in return. Major changes will be needed for them to survive in the current environment, I hope to find something else ASAP.
Pro érvek
Members, families, and youth that we serve are the only enjoyable part of the job.
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great company to work for with great benefits and pay. The management is very respectful and they care about the members and there employees. i would recommend the maryville y.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at YMCA is sometimes tricky. You have a lot of responsibility but freedom in how you plan and carry out your work (full time exempt)Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at YMCA are fair. As a non profit organization, the pay scale is a bit lower than in the corporate world.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at YMCA, It is goodManagementIn general, managers at YMCA are awesomeCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at YMCA is greatOverallMy experience working at YMCA has been great
Munkahelyi kultúra
The best part was that I used what I was learning at Towson State University in PE while working at the YMCA. I was hired for the Summer YMCA Sports Camp at Black Rock in the Baltimore area. When the camp was ended, I was asked to be The Youth and Sports Director full-time. I took the job. It was exciting. I was allowed to develop the job as I saw fit. I did just that. It was a successful experience.
Always busy.
Kontra érvek
Can't think of any. Probably complaints from older people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
No support and expectations were high. Expected to work unattainable hours. No work life balance. But you get a free Y membership you can never use because your working 24/7.
Long unattainable hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The mission of the YMCA is clearly stated, but never quite executed in the utmost manner. The turnover rate is quite high for both lower level staff and the leadership team due to burnout while the pay is very low - I hold a graduate degree with many year of experience in the field I worked in, yet was paid slightly over the minimum amount offered which was in the low/mid-$30K.
Free Membership
No work-life balance for many Directors. Overworked and very underpaid
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to work as an entry level position, but found myself doing tasks not mentioned in any job description. Often work over 50-60 hours a week. Never a consistent schedule
Experience
Kontra érvek
Overworked, no work life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Expected to work 60 hours a week for barely more than minimum wage. Routinely required to respond to employees and Executives on your days off/vacation days.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good. Retirement, vacation, sick benefits, flexibility for family life balancing.Bad. Salary, insurance, leadership, respect, advancement, support.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good experience. You really are able to connect with the families and staff. You have a purpose for your job. There are alot of opportunities to help give back to the community!
Munkahelyi kultúra
With the YMCA being a non-profit organization, it focuses on the ways that its employees are able to give back to the community. It is a great place to work if you have a passion to serve.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do yourself a favor and don’t apply here. I worked at the Venice Y for 3 years running an all star cheer program. I was furloughed for 2 months during COVID. There was little to no communication with me or any of the parents. They laid me off (with an email) right when gyms could reopen. They only care about money. DON’T WORK HERE OR GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management has a long way to go with employee culture and recognizing staff. Selling memberships and making money seems to be the only priority. No room for advancement even though they tell you there is. Continue to give Directors at the top multiple titles instead of diversifying their team.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of Greater Kansas City is a place where you have the opportunity to grow initially and offers opportunity for initial advancement. Unfortunately, upper management is not great at communication and often makes reactive decisions instead of proactive decisions. Upper management is not very receptive to feedback or new ideas either which makes innovation difficult. That being said, the workplace culture is good at certain levels and depends greatly on your immediate supervisor and work location. The hardest part of my job was to completely staff the department I was overseeing. It made it increasingly difficult to have work-life balance and to offer quality programming to participants. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing both employees and program participants progress in skills and confidence. This was by far the most rewarding part of my job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Unappreciated, over worked. School-age department is the worst department at this YMCA. The rest of this Y is phenomenal. Management in school age is very thankless.