Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Customer Service Representative

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
281 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 777 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've worked there for some years now. Haven't gotten any real chances to move up in the company, often times my input feels ignored except by a few of the semi-higher ups. Lot's of cool people do work there, but don't typically stay. Good place to work part time, not somewhere I would go to find a career personally
Pro érvek
Fun people to work with and hours can be flexible
Kontra érvek
If you aren't full time right away chances are it won't happen.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They cut our hours due to covid and has the managers working 30+ hours a week and never stopped fully paying them and full time employees when the gyms were shut down and we got the short end of the stick. Now we are working about 8 hours give or take a week hoping it goes back to normal soon. Nobody cares about us part time employees. I lucked out with my manager because she's genuine and awesome but the rest for the most part suck and should be avoided so you don't get a headache from being upset at how much they talk down to you. Gossip culture big time. No job security as they changed the policy for all of us to be at will employees. They dumped people who worked for the Y for 20 years and kept toxic people. During covid they threw us all on the frontlines and didm't help us out at all. They didn't help enforce mask rules and deal with unruly customers. They avoided it at all costs. Like the "plague" you could say. They should have been there from the beginning helping us through this stressful time. But nope. They hid and avoided it all while not being financially burdened in the least.
Pro érvek
Easy, good steady hours when they let you have them, some managers are cool
Kontra érvek
Some managers are toxic gossipers, cut hours, at will
Munkahelyi kultúra
I really like working at the Middletown y . Great leadership and employees . I miss working thereI only left because I needed a full time job and they only offered part time
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a very enjoyable experience working as a customer service representative at the front desk, especially with the management team I worked for. They were very patient and friendly with me when I was learning the ropes of the job and never hesitated to help me when I needed it. Furthermore, the management cared about my goals outside of my work at the Y and seemed genuinely interested in me as a person rather than just an employee. This job is also great for networking purposes as you will meet a lot of regulars from around the community and have the opportunity to introduce yourself to them.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, friendly environment, networking
Kontra érvek
Repetitive work, occasional difficult members
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It wont make a reasonalble living of 10 hrs a wk work.................,Sorry I feel the coordinators have discrimination on their lower employess.....unless you are a friend or a family
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is all about themselves, funny how everyone knows your business even if its suppose to be confidential. They pay you with a slap in the face meaning its low, been there 17 years and new staff is getting more than us old staff. If your not buddy buddy with certain people like managers and coordinators then you wont fit in at all.
Pro érvek
Making new friends, free membership
Kontra érvek
Salary, management, paying for uniform n parking pass
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love the members and co workers but the pay is terrible and from what I hear raises never happen. Hours change alot. You have to submit your schedule a month in advance which is not always easy.
Pro érvek
People are so friendly ... most of the time. Scheduling is flexible
Kontra érvek
Pay stinks. If you get sick you have to find your own sub. The computer system id awful
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked at the YMCA in Lock Haven for many years (3+) and I do not have one bad thing to say about my experience there. They are very willing to work around your schedule ( a huge advantage for college kids), they are understanding of needing time off, the supervisors are always willing to answer and questions you have or show you how to do certain tasks. When you start working at the YMCA you become more than a staff member, you join a family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here for a little over a year. CSR are expected to answer customers questions on 50-100 constantly changing programs. There is no consistency in how to access information-every program director/manager does it a different way. THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT, even when they are horrible and have asked us to do things we have been specifically told not to do. Verbally abused by customers, then management gives them whatever they want. Very often short staffed. Upper management changes frequently due to poor pay and huge work expectations. These changes create problems for everyone below them. Only good was flexible schedule and free membership-also some great friendly customers. Pay is low and no raises.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is always a room for improvement. Y is a prominent place to experience variety of challenges and task. Y is the synonym for equality and mutual respect.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My short time at the YMCA was a great experience. Met a lot of great people and learned new ways to work. I would recommend working for the YMCA to anyone looking for a job to help support the community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The funds they say go directly to needy families are not. Very dishonest to donors. All the top members of corporate have credit cards for non-Ymca use, paid cars and insurance. Real ethics problems.
Helping people
Kontra érvek
Poor ethics, pay, management, support
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company does not take care of their employees. If you aren’t management, you aren’t important. The company doesn’t pay their employees a decent wage and doesn’t hold up to their own standards that they tell the public that they represent. Some many things wrong that the public doesn’t know.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management was horrible and hours were everywhere. Very hard to get support and have a consistent schedule. Also the way some staff are spoken to is not professional.
Munkahelyi kultúra
So much is expected from the higher ups and the YMCA seems less like a community. Very disorganized system but very strict. Hard to see growth in this company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They overwork you and use you and then cancel your job position and demand you be ok with it for small amounts of pay...If it wasn't for the children and families we served I would have left a long time ago.
Munkahelyi kultúra
First job ever and was a great place to grow my work experience and understanding. Management is really nice and always cared about your well-being. Pay was very good and hours were very flexible.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fast paced environment with daily multicultural interactions. Highest level of multi tasking skills are required for this position. Great social interaction required. Can be very challenging in dealing with language barriers. Very rewarding on a personal level.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was there for five years and in that time I watched as poor management and funding has hit this place in the worst ways. Most people hate working here and that's why I left. You can only stay in a negative environment for so long.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice stuff, learning new things, dealing with customers, learning new culture, flexible scheduled, benefits, fixing issues, challenging projects, router
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's not a very stressful workplace. You spend most of your time walking around the building making sure that everything is stocked up, clean, and also socializing with anyone who may be around.
  1. Customer Service Representative