Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Counselor

929 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 668 értékelés megtekintése
Exciting enviroment
I worked at an outdoor camp and just had so much fun. It was really relaxed and you just got to show kids how wonderful nature was, swim, and then we would all ride a bus back to the local middle-school. There we would have lunch and then procede to play games with the kids until their parents came to pick them up. A counselor would work half the day.
1,0
Negative work environment
I worked here for a good amount of time somewhat enjoyed the work but the management at the time did not lead effectively and my experience was negative because of this to the point of allowing discrimination and wrongful termination.
Fun and rewarding workplace
Workplace was great. The staff all around was great. The most enjoyable part was knowing you were making a difference in the community. Hours are reasonable.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Its okay, better for just a first job when you just need money
Honestly I don't really enjoy my job as much as I did in the beginning. There is apparent favoritism and coworkers aren't that great all the time cause they're as miserable as you are.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a job that can teach you life skills
This job shows life skills that you could use in real life. I have learned about being more of more detailed thinker and have learned how to use talking to solve issues and help people come together and solve issues .
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
low pay(minimum wage)...
There’s so much high expectations to do with the kids with such little pay. I got couple cents raise out of three years I’ve been working. When there’s no school, there’s no job. You don’t get paid for those days off. No benefits, only like one coupon that no one really cares about. Always complaints from parents about h.w because they expect us to ALSO be tutors for their children.
Pro érvek
Learned leadership and helps you be out of your comfort zone
Kontra érvek
Low pay and little hours and high expectations
Amazing place to work!
Overall, words fail me when I describe my experience working for the Y. This camp is life changing for all who enter. You are welcomed by a family of people who accept you for your differences and are willing to guide you along whatever path you may be on in life.

I would highly recommend working for the Y. You will not regret it and overall you may be surprised at how life changing it can be.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Outdoor Centre is where I worked and it's difficult, but very rewarding.
I worked at Camp Thunderbird - the Outdoor Centre and the work is challenging but very rewarding. You work with 7-10 kids all day every day for 5, 9 or 12 days at a time. You spend almost all your time outdoors doing activities in the woods, including a 1-4 night outtrip. If you like kids and love spending time outdoors on outdoor adventures or doing outdoor ed, then this is the summer job for you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
most enjoyable part of work
Even though dealing with elementary to middle school students can be a hassle the most enjoyable part of that is connecting with young kids developing a friendship and playing games with them. The kids I work with most are 4th ad 5th grade and they always enjoy when I play football or basketball with them and make sure everyone is having fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place for kids and teens to come over the summer.
sign in and wait for my group of kids to come in. go over what we are going to do for the day, begin by reading time, after go to the gym to play. Then go outside for littlie bit, them go to lunch
Great Environment
Usually, there is a peaceful and fun environment with the YMCA! I have personally enjoyed all my time working with the YMCA as a volunteer and employee!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun workplace with wonderful members
Love the YMCA - however, I would appreciate if corporate would listen to the type of equipment members would like to see in the fitness area. Often feels like corporate brushes off majority of the members' opinions.
Camp Counselor
I worked as a counselor at camp. I taught children how to sail and was also a in cabin counselor at YMCA Camp Thunderbird. I have been there for 10 years however I no longer work there.
All about the kids
I helped the kids with their homework when there was school and on holidays and summer we had summer camp where we would have activities at the camp and go to the pool and the other days was field trips so either the movies or the zoo etc.
Fun time with kids
Kontra érvek
Can be a little overwhelming with the amount of kids
It was ok
It was an ok process it was quick and in my old job I would watch the kids do activities in the gym with them such as kickball dodgeball and freeze tag.
Very quick
None really
Good place for work
Good atmosphere, however the youth and family director wasn’t the nicest person, everyone else was great, the Y can get very hectic at times especially during summer camp
Fun place to work
loved being a camp counselor here for so many summers. would definitely recommend to anyone who loves kids. position taught me a lot about leadership and community.
They are always helpful
The ymca is a very good place for the teens to come by and enjoy there time at ymca. They also feed them with delicious food and go out on field trips.
Great!
This is one of the best jobs I had. The staff is amazing and the children learn a lot. There parents are always thrilled to walk in and see what new activity there doing .
Everyone’s happy
Kontra érvek
I wish the program could be longer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Laid back child care role at camp chief hector
A fulfilling and collaborative atmosphere at an overnight camp where connection and community building was emphasized to create a welcoming and warm environment for the campers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Good place to work. Ive learned alot here just need a place with more hours. I cant survive off the hours they are giving me now. So need to find some where i can work with more hours.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés