Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
Counselor962 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
962 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 556 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at an outdoor camp and just had so much fun. It was really relaxed and you just got to show kids how wonderful nature was, swim, and then we would all ride a bus back to the local middle-school. There we would have lunch and then procede to play games with the kids until their parents came to pick them up. A counselor would work half the day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working here part-time. Great work environment, great co-workers and management. Okay pay for part-time work. Pay bi-weekly. Easy to get promotion/raise.
Flexibility, great work environment
Pay rate
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management made this work environment so toxic. It felt like being in middle school again. I contemplated quitting almost every single day after working.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good leadership both with students and workers were awesome. Scheduled was flexible for students and outdoor time was a plus. Counselors are wonderful and well train.
Pro érvek
Field trip and working with students. Automatic enroll in AFLAC.
Sometimes long hours.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love the place with enough material to do crafts with the kids, should have the choice to bring kids outside for not more than half hour specially when heat goes up, we are in the state of Florida and mostly between December and March the weather doesn't help to be outside, hardest part of work is when some kids finish homework and the rest are still working on it, we should have books for them to read, the best part of my job is the kid's recognition and the way they show they care by expressing it with cards and small notes.
Pro érvek
Nice environment and fun workplace, love to interact with kids as a counselor. Great co workers.
Kontra érvek
The paid is not according to the responsibility, I consider a higher wage will also give motivation to counselors.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job, overall, is really fun and the children are enthusiastic. The most enjoyable part of the day is when the parents start picking up their kids. It's enjoyable because the kids always leave with a smile on their face. That's the most rewarding part of the job.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a good place to work. Many options for timing and nature of work. You can do part time or full time based on your choice. No benefits available for part time jobs.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I went there as a camper and then worked there. I loved the experience it was two different experiences but has shaped my life as a young person. My fav part is corn roast.
Pro érvek
residence and great group of staff
Kontra érvek
When you are living there you are always on the clock.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Let me first say that while I worked at the Y I loved my job. The kids I worked with were absolutely fantastic, but the resources to help them with their emotional issues were severely lacking. I didn't feel comfortable simply submitting a report and "wiping my hands" of any other way to help. I was fired after I accidentally broke company policy (not anything major, just an ill-thought out tweet), after talking to others with similar jobs at other establishments I was told that I likely would not be outright fired for the same thing at said similar job. That part is very important. This job, while a summer camp counselor job, was held to an extremely high standard. I'd honestly suggest forgoing social media while you work there, it's a minefield. Oh and be aware that they are always watching what you are doing on the security cameras, and even if the kids are having fun it is possible that what they are doing "looks bad on camera." That's just food for thought. I'm not trying to discourage anyone from working there, it's just important that you pay attention to what is expected of you from the get-go.
Pro érvek
Great kids, cool coworkers, fun field trips
Kontra érvek
Poor ability to help said kids, sweeping corporate policy with little room for error
Munkahelyi kultúra
We get to have a lot of fun with the kids, I get to know the kids very well and they trust me a lot I love all the kids there. I can’t wait to come back to the school and see all the kids.
The kids
Munkahelyi kultúra
Coworkers are very friendly. Everyone is accepting and inclusive. Upper management is questionable in some departments. Not much room to grow unless working for years; felt like a dead-end job. The pay was also questionable.
Pro érvek
Getting to work in the mornings.
Not enough pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love it there! I’ve been working there for 3 years. I work with the kids and I wouldn’t it trade it for anything else! They make sure I stay in a good mood and always have a smile on my face.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Morning and after school care programs were loose and extremely laissez-faire causing disruptions and inability to properly run program before old site supervisor was replaced with someone who really meant business. Rules were enforced and many employees were used to being paid to do nothing and literally sit on their bums all shift, so this change brought unrest and many employees quit due to enforcing of rules. However, things have run much smoother since new supervisor joined and it is a much better place to work where we actually help the students learn curriculum and enrich their minds.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the children and the parents.The opportunity to work in their lives to give a better life experience for the present and the future. Practiced and learned new ideas, crafts, social interaction with the children as well as the younger employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The children were kind and there was always a fun event scheduled. We ate breakfast and went summing a lot. The other counselors were very positive and loving having fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Being a camp councilor was a great experience for me. While meeting new people and taking care of kids you find out you have so much time and so much fun on your hands
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The negatives far out weighed the positives because of employees and management of the location that I worked at.
Bad work ethic environment.

Untrustworthy and dishonest employees and management.

Very clicky and like high school games going on with staff and management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is the ultimate experience. I got to enjoy spending time with the children, doing activities such as going to the playground, coming up with games in the gym, watching movies, I loved it! Building the relationships with the parents was nice as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing overall experience and truly helped shape my knowledge of what it's like to have a job. The management held great communication and the workplace culture was productive and fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day of work, depending on shifts would consist of working for 3-4 hours a day while creating activities to plan to do with the children, supervise the children, provide safe and enjoyable space for the kids to play around, and continuously watch the check-in area (the sign in and out).
Munkahelyi kultúra
This a casual company that helps build social, emotional, physical skills and the people are friendly and hardworking. Its great for someone who wants to stay fit and be helpful at the same time.