Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
Counselor942 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
942 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 210 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at an outdoor camp and just had so much fun. It was really relaxed and you just got to show kids how wonderful nature was, swim, and then we would all ride a bus back to the local middle-school. There we would have lunch and then procede to play games with the kids until their parents came to pick them up. A counselor would work half the day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Coworkers are very friendly. Everyone is accepting and inclusive. Upper management is questionable in some departments. Not much room to grow unless working for years; felt like a dead-end job. The pay was also questionable.
Pro érvek
Getting to work in the mornings.
Not enough pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love it there! I’ve been working there for 3 years. I work with the kids and I wouldn’t it trade it for anything else! They make sure I stay in a good mood and always have a smile on my face.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Morning and after school care programs were loose and extremely laissez-faire causing disruptions and inability to properly run program before old site supervisor was replaced with someone who really meant business. Rules were enforced and many employees were used to being paid to do nothing and literally sit on their bums all shift, so this change brought unrest and many employees quit due to enforcing of rules. However, things have run much smoother since new supervisor joined and it is a much better place to work where we actually help the students learn curriculum and enrich their minds.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved the children and the parents.The opportunity to work in their lives to give a better life experience for the present and the future. Practiced and learned new ideas, crafts, social interaction with the children as well as the younger employees.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The children were kind and there was always a fun event scheduled. We ate breakfast and went summing a lot. The other counselors were very positive and loving having fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The negatives far out weighed the positives because of employees and management of the location that I worked at.
Bad work ethic environment.

Untrustworthy and dishonest employees and management.

Very clicky and like high school games going on with staff and management.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA is the ultimate experience. I got to enjoy spending time with the children, doing activities such as going to the playground, coming up with games in the gym, watching movies, I loved it! Building the relationships with the parents was nice as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing overall experience and truly helped shape my knowledge of what it's like to have a job. The management held great communication and the workplace culture was productive and fun.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day of work, depending on shifts would consist of working for 3-4 hours a day while creating activities to plan to do with the children, supervise the children, provide safe and enjoyable space for the kids to play around, and continuously watch the check-in area (the sign in and out).
Munkahelyi kultúra
This a casual company that helps build social, emotional, physical skills and the people are friendly and hardworking. Its great for someone who wants to stay fit and be helpful at the same time.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At work you prepare what activies and games you want do with the kids and you also can engage in the activies with them. The hardest part of the job to me is leaving the kids because you amke bonds with them.
lovely kids
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The managers were horrible, and everybody was a mess. They never were organized and I felt Like they didn’t care about no one except the theirselves .
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would like to say that the YMCA was one of the funniest jobs I ever had. The children were my heart and I enjoyed every moment of it. The only thing is that the hours were horrible. Not enough hours for me
trips
not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I felt very supported by my boss and coworkers. I was a great opportunity to connect with a diverse population and learn how to communicate with kids and parents. I loved teaching kids new skills and seeing them improve in their skills on a daily basis.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There are extremely long hours for very little pay. Micromanagement is a strong issue here.

However, knowing that one makes an ENORMOUS difference in the lives of others makes this job very rewarding.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked here for a good amount of time somewhat enjoyed the work but the management at the time did not lead effectively and my experience was negative because of this to the point of allowing discrimination and wrongful termination.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Workplace was great. The staff all around was great. The most enjoyable part was knowing you were making a difference in the community. Hours are reasonable.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Honestly I don't really enjoy my job as much as I did in the beginning. There is apparent favoritism and coworkers aren't that great all the time cause they're as miserable as you are.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job shows life skills that you could use in real life. I have learned about being more of more detailed thinker and have learned how to use talking to solve issues and help people come together and solve issues .
Munkahelyi kultúra
There’s so much high expectations to do with the kids with such little pay. I got couple cents raise out of three years I’ve been working. When there’s no school, there’s no job. You don’t get paid for those days off. No benefits, only like one coupon that no one really cares about. Always complaints from parents about h.w because they expect us to ALSO be tutors for their children.
Pro érvek
Learned leadership and helps you be out of your comfort zone
Kontra érvek
Low pay and little hours and high expectations
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés