Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Childcare Provider

Munkakör megnevezése
Childcare Provider1 482 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
1 482 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 380 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was responsible for more children than normal because my coworker left a lot with no accountability. However I enjoyed working with the kids.
● Work-life balance
This is a great company to work for if you are in school or a new mom. They are very flexible with your hours and understanding about schedules

● Overall

It worked for me for the time being. Management isn’t great at being very involved in the children or the employees. I need something where I am able to grow as an employee and have room to move up
Munkahelyi kultúra
since i had the job when i was in 8th grade it was great but i ended up having to start football and got too busy with that to work at that time so it was good and nothing that stands out that was bad
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is really what you make of it, if you work in the child care services area. It can be deadly boring if you don't plan activities, but fun if you do. The schedule can be flexible, but the pay is poor (started at 8.15/hr)
Flexible
Poor pay and managment
Munkahelyi kultúra
I feel as though the Y allowed me to work best on working with different kids than it was with family. I was given the chance to work with not only kids but great coworkers who helped make the work place feel like a second home.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
There is no life balance working at the YMCA. Senior leaders are stressed which trickles down to lower level staff. There is no training on how to do your job and no support when you ask questions. Leadership openly tells you when they are frustrated/ hate their job which is so unprofessional and not helpful. Pay is low. There is also a lot of people who lie to your face and want to see you fail. Very bad work culture and lots of fake people.
Vacation time
Kontra érvek
No work life balance, low pay, no on boarding
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a fun place to work, you learn something new everyday,, you get paid for all your training courses, Managers are supportive, and very educated, and love for the children and the community is astounding.
Pro érvek
Learning experiences, free cpr training, each training course you get paid for.
Pay, not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the YMCA. It was my second home. I loved interacting with the children and getting to know them. They gave me flexible work hours. Love bringing my kids to the Y. Great place for families.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Management is always down our throats about staying UNDER 30 hours but we are frequently understaffed and have no help so being upset that we worked 31 hours is ridiculous. Pay is horrendous and nobody can live off of that at 29 or less hours a week. Children need consistency and having 2-3 different caregivers a day for the sake of simply not wanting to pay is shameful. Management care only about themselves and money. The cute kids are the most enjoyable part of the job but they aren't enough to keep anyone and I mean anyone for longer than a year. I would not recommend working at the YMCA in Valdosta EVER.
Kontra érvek
Low pay, lack of hours, uncaring management, stressful work environement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Child care was fun and always for the hours I wanted. Management was there to help and listened if you had concerns. I was there 1 1/2 years and would be there today if not for Covid. I hope to get back into it if and when it’s opens up.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was with the YMCA of Central Ohio for 7 years. I loved the community focus of the organization and the welcoming environment they fostered for members. I also liked the amount of professional development training I received. However, a major point of frustration was low pay and high staff turnover, which often left employees “overworked and underpaid”. In my 7 years I was able to advance positions twice, and I gained a lot of valuable work experience, but even after graduating college and having a supervisory role, my pay was not what it needed to be for me to live comfortably. The fact that I was making far less than peers with similar credentials and years of experience at other companies was a huge part of my decision to seek employment elsewhere. The YMCA remains a part of my roots and I am forever grateful for the lessons learned while employed there, but I think the organization mostly benefits college students, part-time employees, and those in upper management positions.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It feels great knowing how much some families appreciated you. The new management is clueless and will not take advice from staff that had been there for more than 5 years.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love children and it was awesome to go to work every day and care for children. Make them smile, give them hugs, treat them like they should be treated.
Free gym membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you like to be over worked and under paid, this is the place for you!

If you like a stressful job without much help from management, then apply now!

If you like long days, giving up your spare time, and still be treated like you’re disposable then what are you waiting for!
Amazing co workers
Kontra érvek
Management, pay grade, the way they treat their employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
The environment in pleasant and getting a free membership is definitely a plus, but compensation is not worth the amount of work put in. The child care center has way too many kids and not enough workers, resulting in problems with parents who have concerns about the safety of their children. Almost always understaffed.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While working for the YMCA of Henderson Kentucky, I worked as a childcare provider in the evenings. It was quite overwhelming as I would have anywhere from 15-25 children at a time by myself. I became quite attached to the children and this is what kept mecomibg back.
The rate of pay was very low for what I was expected to do and how many children I was expected to manage. It was pretty exhausting but at times rewarding.
Pro érvek
The children, management and the work hours fit perfectly with my day job.
Kontra érvek
Too many children for the rate of pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While the children were oftentimes difficult to work with, it was nice to be able to rely on the people around you to take care of situations you didn't know how to deal with. Everyone knew the ropes on every given day and the staff was very open and accommodating.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everybody is super friendly and love coming to work. There are old,young and disabled people that work together that really makes a difference in everyone life daily. Good working environment and people friendly as well
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall the YMCA is a great place to work. The staff are great and the members are always joyful and happy which makes the job better. The salary however could be a little better but it is a non for profit organisation so I can understand.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working here was fun. You got to play with the children and the hours were very flexible with my school schedule. Perfect job for a college student or someone that just needs extra money.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a non-discriminatory, all-inclusive, positive environment that offers many opportunities for people. There are a variety of activities such as swimming, basketball, workout classes, and exercise machines. The YMCA is also a safe place for parents to take their children to daycare while they work, or child watch, where the children are supervised while parents do the said activities.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés