Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Leader

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
94 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 782 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great place to work for a summer job in college, very fun coworkers and atmosphere. Not great pay but for someone just looking to stay busy during the summer, meet friends, and get job experience, this is a perfect position!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Summer Camp is fun and you can make a decent amount. However, afterschool is different. I felt under appreciated as I went out of my way to sub and make myself available; however when I needed to request time off for school/personal reasons it always seemed like there was an issue. Co-workers and kids make the job worth it. not much room for growth, you can go from Counselor to Assistant Site Director to Site Director (these are not salary positions), it is not full time nor do they provide benefits.
Pro érvek
Choose what days you want to work
few hours, pay is okay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA has been one of the most exciting, yet challenging work experiences I’ve ever had. The children are such a joy, but if your heart isn’t with working with kids, this type of work is not for you! I enjoyed it more so for the experience and the growth. Most of the problems I’ve experienced have been with other employees or disagreement with some of the management methods. Lots of dedication and energy i needed! This is not the type of job you take simply for the money....but you have to have a heart to make a difference in the children’s life, and be willing to stick with it through any difficulty or trial. The children make it so worth it!
Kids! Benefits, full time schedule
Kontra érvek
Management, energy & time-consuming!
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a rewarding job. To help kids and build relationships with them was the best part. It teaches you to be a responsible adult and taught me how to be a leader.
Health Benefits
Low Pay
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Sure they have child-care for medical staff, which is great. They other side is they have let go of some part-time and full-time staff, and combined some position. This has happened to the lowest paid employees, the Executives downtown have not been laid-off, they are at home making good money, you see them once and a while for a photo-op.They will recover by overworking the staff at the Branches and hiring part-time staff to do full-time work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a camp leader you learn a lot of different skill sets. Along the way i learned to lead a staff and i learned to lead a group of young kids. It was a great experience overall i would run a summer camp with the kids following a daily schedule where we had snack time we had fun activities out side and then we had arts and craft then lead to reading for the end of the camp.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Volunteered at a kids camp overseas. Lots of outdoor experience and working with children. Organized through Lattitude Global Volunteering. Amazing opportunity to travel and have an unforgettable gap year.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I always enjoyed kids from a young age, helping them learn new ways of life and just being around great people is always great. My favorite times of days were in the morning when the kids ran towards you with exciting news or as they're leaving waving goodbye with a huge smile shouting "SEE YOU TOMORROW!"
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a good time working with the children that attended the summer camp. I learned to have patients with my coworkers and the children and shut out negative energy.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun place to work at for a camp councilor, as the people were typically very enjoyable to be around and overall environment was very friendly. Hardest part of the job would be having the occasional trouble maker but other than that it was great!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Camp leaders are tasked with entertaining and caring for campers from as early as 630am to 530-6pm (or later for kidzone). my co-workers were fantastic and day to day was always interesting. The new supervisor was challenging to work with, poorly trained new employees, and showed clear preference for male employees. Despite talking with management nothing was done so several experienced employees will not be returning next year.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At the YMCA summer camp, we watched about 30-35 kids a day or even less. A typical workday was starting at 8 am and finishing at 4 pm. We had to provide snacks, breakfast, and lunch. Also we prep and served it to the kids. One thing I learned from YMCA is that you meet a lot of people in life and its important you know how to greet people. The hardest part of the job was when some of the kids would argue and we wouldnt be able to tell who is telling the truth. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting to know all the kids and seeing how some of them are different from each other.
Free lunch.
Kontra érvek
In the beginning we didn't get a break, then we talk to our boss.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work would be watching the kids as they played games, ate lunch, and went swimming. I learned that I love to be around kids, and also how to talk to children. The most enjoyable part of the job is that I got to read to the preschoolers, and the hardest part was calming the preschoolers down when they get really upset and throw temper tantrums.
free gym resources
short breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I’ve worked there for 5 years and have built so many amazing bonds with the families and their children. Never wanted to leave but had to move out of state for school. The best working environment to be in, and very friendly employees and clients.
Munkahelyi kultúra
From previous workplaces, I felt like I was excluded from all my coworkers. However, working at the YMCA made me feel at ease, and made me feel like I was apart of a family. I had a great time working there, and hopefully I will seek another position there sometime soon.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall i learned quite a lot about myself as a leader working with the YMCA. Working here allowed me to recognize my strengths and to in turn recognize my faults. Loved working here for the summer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Hard work builds character and I've built alot of character working for the YMCA! I love the people here tho and it's like a big family. I would recommend it.
Munkahelyi kultúra
At Summer Day Camp I got to see many kids from kindergarten through 8th grade, all shapes and sizes, and all who has there own sparkling personality. It was a great experience to see and meet new faces everyday and getting to help them and experience the fun of Summer Day Camp with them.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a childwatch attendant. The children were always entertaining. Sometimes the days were slow but other times it went by quickly. Coworkers stay to themselves a lot and management was not as organized as they should have been. You do get a free gym membership though.
Munkahelyi kultúra
received exceptional experience working with the YMCA. offers great entry level positions and stays true to their mission. Also, is very flexible with new staff and takes a chance hiring people with limited work experience to develop as professionals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA promotes many oportunity for children and young teenagers, there are many fun and interstering activites and camps that are held as apart of the YMCA's work ethics.
working with young people