YMCA
4,0 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Director

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
135 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 30 024 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is an incredible organization to work for. At a camp and conference center, your housing may be able to be provided which is an amazing benefit. I've been paid fairly and able to start saving up an emergency fund and make a nice start to my retirement fund. Work life balance is challenging because there are long days and sometimes weekends. Depending on your job you might even be working 6 days a week. If you like making a difference, the Y is for you.
Impactful work, great benefits
work life balance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Summer Camp job itself was not hard - planning activities, interacting with students and parents - however, immediate upper management was very scatterbrained, accusatory, and constantly left a trickle down of chaos that leaked to almost all of the staff constantly feeling stressed out and frustrated. Training covered safety concerns but not actual job duties. The pay was good, as was working with kids, but overall staff were cliquey and chaotic.
Pro érvek
Kids, pay, good summer job
Disorganized, stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work consisted of working with campers with programming and following a precise schedule. Management was very help and consistent. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to impact the youth.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was treated very well and learned so much from this job position and hope the the hardships I endured better prepared me for whatever jobs the future holds for me
Munkahelyi kultúra
Again, it was a camp. I do not feel like reviewing my past employment is a valuable use of my time when all I wanted to do was submit a resume to the site.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Daily interactions with fellow coworkers, members of the YMCA, partnering organizations and volunteers on a wide variety of programs was rewarding and gave me a sense of contributing to the community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Dealing with people from various circumstances and backgrounds, the YMCA includes everyone and is a safe space people can call home. The culture can be stressful at times with such a high volume of people to deal with, but the staff all have a similar goal and purpose and support one another.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall, this is just a place to start. I was promoted to Camp Director after about 4 months in my previous position. I wasn't too sure, but I thought, what the heck, a director position; this must be only a good thing. Boy was I wrong. Being responsible for all aspects of the programming was one thing. It wasn't necessarily difficult. just time consuming. However, doing said work didn't come with ANY rewards: 1. Getting paid essentially $11 something an hour was laughable. 2. Health benefits were a joke. Around $500 per month for a single-person health insurance plan. Dental was another $14 and vision was $6 per month. 3. Poor management. Being told to take the reigns on decisions and programming, then being berated for 'not doing them how they want' when all they had to say was how they wanted it. 4. Advancement wasn't likely. Once a director- not much else can come after that, maybe Senior Program Director or CEO, but after many years of experience. So to have that pay for who knows how long, wasn't worth it. All in all, if you're looking for something part time, go with the YMCA. Not great pay, but it's a fun and relaxing job to get involved with and you usually work with some pretty good people. If you're looking to go career with it, I'd look elsewhere unless your significant other/spouse makes excellent money and can carry your household (which happened to be the case with all the other directors besides me. So they couldn't see why I wasn't happy with that pay?!? )
Pro érvek
Fairly flexible hours, free membership, good atmosphere, enjoyable tasks
Kontra érvek
low pay, poor benefits, poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
I felt very supported when working at the STEAM Camp. There are opportunities to stay longer to get overtime. The counselors bond and are very friendly. I learned how to be adaptive and think quickly on my feet.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working for the YMCA. Very flexible hours and job opportunities. Always reliable and looking out for their staff. The YMCA has been a huge influence on me working with children as a career.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with youth in a summer camp. Planning trips working on goals and objectives. Giving the youth a fun experience in a camp setting being engaged and supporting youth.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's a fun place to work if you love working with kids. Sometimes the management is not good at communicating. Site directors have the ability to share their ideas for themes if the month.
Working with the kids
Kontra érvek
Having to move the kids to different areas with short notice.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They do not know how to treat their employees. It's not worth all the paperwork. YMCA training is horrible considering that you will be working with kids.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA was full of ups and downs. The team I worked in was supportive and knowledgable. The job was stressful and by having a team I felt I could collaborate with and disclose was helpful. I found that management was not as supportive. Often it was difficult to get in contact with them or get a straight answer regarding aspects of my job. I felt that there was an us and them environment which made communication difficult. I did, however, find that the YMCA makes sure their employees have work and help them grow. I started as a birthday party planner and when I left I was the director of summer camp.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great environment! The staff treated me very well, and everyone got along. They were understanding of time you had to take off. They created fun games and activities for the kids.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very good company! Will work great if you love doing thing for your community from your Heart! If you are in it just for money it may not be the spot for you!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a camp director and coordinator for a children's with autism camp. It was a beautiful experience, so many responsibilities that gave me a great opportunity to work with who I am and with what the children needed. The hardest but definitely the most rewarding parts of the job would be the one-on-one interaction with upset or disappointed parents. Speaking with them and ensuring that there was a healthy connection between them and the company was crucial, and I thoroughly enjoyed those vital interactions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This has been a wonderful place of work. The YMCA fosters leadership, collaboration and professional development. There is plenty of support from the management team. The people are the best part of the job as they hire intelligent, welcoming and talented individuals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My last year at the YMCA was horrible. My boss screamed and humiliated me in front of other camp staff. I was being hit by children daily and nothing was ever done about it until my boss was forced to deal with the child. You get minimum for a very very stressful and labored job. No one a really cares about you and you need to watch your back because most everyone is sneaky and cliques are all over. I'm over it never going there again. Not even for a membership. But the front desk people are really nice and the life guards.
Make friends.
Too much to list.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA provided the opportunity to advance professionally and improve my skill set through continuing education. The majority of staff I worked with were invested in the mission and collaborated to reach organizational goals.
Munkahelyi kultúra
So far this has been an amazing opportunity, great organization with great people who are in the job for the right reasons. Supportive environment, that is not overwhelming.