YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Director

133 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 28 218 értékelés megtekintése
Diverse and fun environment
Camp Program Head/Assistant Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Milton, ON2020, január 28.
Dealing with people from various circumstances and backgrounds, the YMCA includes everyone and is a safe space people can call home. The culture can be stressful at times with such a high volume of people to deal with, but the staff all have a similar goal and purpose and support one another.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Okay place to start-- not so much a career
Camp Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Janesville, WI2020, január 14.
Overall, this is just a place to start. I was promoted to Camp Director after about 4 months in my previous position. I wasn't too sure, but I thought, what the heck, a director position; this must be only a good thing. Boy was I wrong. Being responsible for all aspects of the programming was one thing. It wasn't necessarily difficult. just time consuming. However, doing said work didn't come with ANY rewards:
1. Getting paid essentially $11 something an hour was laughable.
2. Health benefits were a joke. Around $500 per month for a single-person health insurance plan. Dental was another $14 and vision was $6 per month.
3. Poor management. Being told to take the reigns on decisions and programming, then being berated for 'not doing them how they want' when all they had to say was how they wanted it.
4. Advancement wasn't likely. Once a director- not much else can come after that, maybe Senior Program Director or CEO, but after many years of experience. So to have that pay for who knows how long, wasn't worth it.

All in all, if you're looking for something part time, go with the YMCA. Not great pay, but it's a fun and relaxing job to get involved with and you usually work with some pretty good people. If you're looking to go career with it, I'd look elsewhere unless your significant other/spouse makes excellent money and can carry your household (which happened to be the case with all the other directors besides me. So they couldn't see why I wasn't happy with that pay?!? )
Pro érvek
Fairly flexible hours, free membership, good atmosphere, enjoyable tasks
Kontra érvek
low pay, poor benefits, poor management
Productive and Strong Community Atmosphere
STEAM Camp Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Rye, NY2020, január 7.
I felt very supported when working at the STEAM Camp. There are opportunities to stay longer to get overtime. The counselors bond and are very friendly. I learned how to be adaptive and think quickly on my feet.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A great company to work for
Wee Wonders and Kiddy Camp Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Portland, CT2020, január 7.
Loved working for the YMCA. Very flexible hours and job opportunities. Always reliable and looking out for their staff. The YMCA has been a huge influence on me working with children as a career.
Working with you
Camp Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Philadelphia, PA2019, december 4.
Working with youth in a summer camp. Planning trips working on goals and objectives. Giving the youth a fun experience in a camp setting being engaged and supporting youth.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun job with kids before and after school and during the summer.
Day camp Site Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Colorado Springs, CO2019, október 30.
It's a fun place to work if you love working with kids. Sometimes the management is not good at communicating. Site directors have the ability to share their ideas for themes if the month.
Working with the kids
Kontra érvek
Having to move the kids to different areas with short notice.
Don't do it!
Assistant Camp Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  dallas2019, október 23.
They do not know how to treat their employees. It's not worth all the paperwork. YMCA training is horrible considering that you will be working with kids.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Internal Enhancement
YMCA SUMMER CAMP DIRECTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Medicine Hat, AB2019, szeptember 28.
Working at the YMCA was full of ups and downs. The team I worked in was supportive and knowledgable. The job was stressful and by having a team I felt I could collaborate with and disclose was helpful. I found that management was not as supportive. Often it was difficult to get in contact with them or get a straight answer regarding aspects of my job. I felt that there was an us and them environment which made communication difficult. I did, however, find that the YMCA makes sure their employees have work and help them grow. I started as a birthday party planner and when I left I was the director of summer camp.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
I loved it
Camp Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  East Boston, MA2019, szeptember 18.
It was a great environment! The staff treated me very well, and everyone got along. They were understanding of time you had to take off. They created fun games and activities for the kids.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
Assistant Camp Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Montross, VA2019, augusztus 20.
Very good company! Will work great if you love doing thing for your community from your Heart! If you are in it just for money it may not be the spot for you!
Fun and Fast-Paced
Camp Director (Autistic Children)/ Gym Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hartsville, SC2019, augusztus 9.
I was a camp director and coordinator for a children's with autism camp. It was a beautiful experience, so many responsibilities that gave me a great opportunity to work with who I am and with what the children needed. The hardest but definitely the most rewarding parts of the job would be the one-on-one interaction with upset or disappointed parents. Speaking with them and ensuring that there was a healthy connection between them and the company was crucial, and I thoroughly enjoyed those vital interactions.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA is a fulfilling experience
Summer Kids Camp Assistant Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Haliburton, ON2019, augusztus 8.
This has been a wonderful place of work. The YMCA fosters leadership, collaboration and professional development. There is plenty of support from the management team. The people are the best part of the job as they hire intelligent, welcoming and talented individuals.
Do not recommend.
Camp Unit Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Glens Falls, NY2019, június 10.
My last year at the YMCA was horrible. My boss screamed and humiliated me in front of other camp staff. I was being hit by children daily and nothing was ever done about it until my boss was forced to deal with the child. You get minimum for a very very stressful and labored job. No one a really cares about you and you need to watch your back because most everyone is sneaky and cliques are all over. I'm over it never going there again. Not even for a membership. But the front desk people are really nice and the life guards.
Make friends.
Too much to list.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA was a positive experience.
Summer Day Camp Program Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  San Diego, CA2019, június 8.
Working for the YMCA provided the opportunity to advance professionally and improve my skill set through continuing education. The majority of staff I worked with were invested in the mission and collaborated to reach organizational goals.
Great
Camp Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Brampton, ON2019, április 10.
So far this has been an amazing opportunity, great organization with great people who are in the job for the right reasons. Supportive environment, that is not overwhelming.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Quick paced job with flexibility
Challenger Camp Assistant Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mountain View, CA2019, április 1.
Pretty typical summer camp job. Rigid rules due to the corporate nature of the YMCA but overall a good summer job. Good boss but some of my coworkers were lazy or incompetent
Great Community Facility
Camp Director Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Edison, NJ2019, március 10.
Wonderful for Families. A real cool place that totally pays the right amount of money for individuals that are responsible for protecting and saving lifes
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Summer camp couselor
SUMMER CAMP DIRECTOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Mount Vernon, WA2019, január 29.
I did this for two summers, the first as a volunteer the next paid. I was mostly in charge of the art camp. It was nice to have creative freedom and design my curriculum the way i wanted.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Kids are always interesting in such a good way
Camp Director (Volt alkalmazott) –  Markham, ON2019, január 28.
This company has taught me so much. How to have character, leads groups of youth, be fun and exciting, be childlike, not childish and so much more. I am extremely thankful for the opportunity to work for this company.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Healthy workplace centered around positive values
Assistant Camp Director (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Rye, NY2019, január 15.
The hardest job is working with kids. They can be tough, but besides that this job is very rewarding. Communication from any level is encouraged and accepted. There is also room to advance. Have a positive attitude and leave your troubles at the door and you'll find time flying by and your position advancing.
Short breaks
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van