Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
Camp Counselor2 275 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
2 275 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 620 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was able to fit into the culture at the YMCA well. The managers were nice and very understanding. If a coworker had any problem they were able to take time out of their day to answer questions and concerns.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked as a summer camp counselor. The job itself wasn't boring but didn't feel like there was much room for advancement. Work environment and culture feels a bit high school lots of the time.
Flexibility
Kontra érvek
Not much room for advancement, lots of cliques
Munkahelyi kultúra
working at the YMCA was a lot of fun! i worked there for about a year as a camp counselor and children’s fitness instructor. i loved my coworkers and the management was really good. very flexible hours!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I've worked at the YMCA for 5 years now and I've enjoyed my time. I definitely preferred it more when I was in high school but it's still fun. Started off as a junior counselor and was promoted almost every year. The hours are pretty flexible depending on the specific program you work but they're pretty accommodating.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
While I would say most YMCAs do a pretty good job when it comes to management, there are still some you need to be aware of. If you walk into a YMCA and notice some red flags right off then I would probably tell that person to try another location. Lets be honest, no place is perfect. I'd just advice anyone that wants to get a job at YMCA to be careful of the location. All in all, YMCA is a great organization, and I love what they do for the community!
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the company started off okay. But overall the only thing the "y" cares about is income. Quantity over quality. It's not about the kids or members it about themselves.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The staff as well as the management are extremely kind, helpful, and flexible. Everyone is very easy to talk to and always ready to help out. The working climate is relaxed while professional.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I started off as a camp counselor and only had a few kids in my group. it was challenging at first because the children were young and i have my degree in secondary elementary. but as the year progressed and I became an inclusion aid and started helping out more with paperwork while still having campers/students.
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is an amazing place to work! Very welcoming of all and everyone is energetic and positive. It is a very rewarding job and I always felt accomplished after work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The job gives you and opportunity to make a difference. I learned a great deal about the world outside of my own bubble. These experiences helped me choose a career path.
having fun
health care
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really interesting and fun job for a summer. Got to play with kids and be a role model for them everyday. Some of them look up to you and bring light to your day. Working outside with kids can be challenging with them running around and sometimes getting into trouble, but overall not a bad job.
● Pay & benefits
camp counselor jobs normally do not pay much

● Overall

I genuinely enjoy working for the YMCA. My job as a summer camp counselor has given me many necessary skills for my future careers and life in general.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ever since I started volunteering at the ymca it has changed my life forever. Working at the ymca gives you a sense of belonging, everyone is welcoming and happy to see you all the time it really feels like a family at the ymca.
Pro érvek
Belonging, friendly staff, good stability
Short breaks, ok pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at Pendalouan was an amazing experience, going from a camper to a counselor was such a smooth transition. Lots of things were changing though, and some aspects were harder to deal with. Everyone was so nice and upbeat, but sometimes I felt management was a little stricter and intense than they needed to be at times. Still such an amazing experience that I will never forget.
Munkahelyi kultúra
work starts at 9. I was a one on one this year with a child with autism. we were intermixed with the rest of the campers her age. we led group activities and played games outside. the hardest part of the job was being high energy for a whole 7 hours.
Pro érvek
good for my future as a teacher
long work days
Munkahelyi kultúra
I thought working for the Y was pretty straightforward. It was a very rewarding job but I do believe that the pay rate should be higher than 7.25. Especially, given everything that you have to do when working this position.
Pro érvek
great kids, nice staff, fun activities
low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I had a blast as a coach, swim instructor, lifeguard, and camp counselor at the YMCA. I felt a bit drained some times, but I felt that everyone working with me was there to support me if I needed it.
Pro érvek
consistent hours, lots of friends
Kontra érvek
short breaks, lots of training
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the YMCA has been a great experience. You learn many new things due to all the workshops you are required to attend. You can also apply for different positions and are given equal opportunities. You meet many wonderful people and become apart of the community.
opportunties to excel
demanding
Munkahelyi kultúra
When working at the Clifton Springs, YMCA I found that it wasn't as much of a job and work place, as much as a family unit. Working there has taught me a lot about working with people and being able to work with people from all different backgrounds.
Pro érvek
Very close knit group, easy to work with
Kontra érvek
Small town not much room for career growth
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lot of fun people and things to do always leaving a smile on my face. No matter what the task was throughout the day it always made it seem to find a fun and enjoyable way to finish.
Nice weather outside
Constant pool time
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day looks like starting the day with breakfast and camp song then engaging in many different activities with snack breaks and ending the day with more camp songs. You just have to know how to match and maintain the children's energy which can be hard.