YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

1 912 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 24 628 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun work environment if you love kids/ the outdoors
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Cascade, ID2019, április 22.
I loved being a counselor at horsetheif. The kids were great (most of the time), I built so many relationships with my coworkers, the food is great, and being in the outdoors so much is heaven. Being away for the majority of the summer to work is a little odd, but if you don't mind that then this would be great for you.
Fun job
Spending the summer elsewhere
2,0
It was awful
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Trumbull, CT2019, április 22.
You work 7-4 for 5 bucks an hour. It was awful being a camp counselor. I would highly recommend applying to anything else at the YMCA that is not a summer job...they are terrible!
Pro érvek
Got to work in the outdoors
PAY
Great place to work!
Camp Counsellor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Victoria, BC2019, április 20.
Being a camp counsellor with YMCA was the best decision I’ve made. The amazing management and staff are helpful. Great job experience! It is tough spending your whole summer (with only weekends off) working there but this truly becomes your second home and family. It’s a great feeling helping youth create summer memories at camp. Being in the outdoors and working all day from 7ish am to 10ish pm isn’t for everyone, but YMCA makes sure that staff are safe, well taken care of and treated like family!
Pro érvek
amazing staff and management, fun experience, free meals
Kontra érvek
Ok salary, long hours, hard to adjust to living there
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA was rewarding and required dedicated workers
Day Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chicago, IL2019, április 19.
The average work day requires long hours of standing and careful attention to your surroundings. Being responsible for children meant that it was important that my coworkers and I were working as a team. I felt that staff was well organized and the culture was very friendly and engaging with families as well. I enjoyed the challenge of entertaining children daily while also immersing their developing minds in multiple activities. The most difficult part of the job was providing activities that were educational and appropriate for the age group and having all the campers participate.
Outside, Exercise, Teamwork
Physically exhaustive, Long hours
Very relaxed workplace
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hoquiam, WA2019, április 18.
I was a counselor in training at one of the YMCA's summer camps. The work load was a lot but only because you were taking care of a lot of kids. The management and employees were great, it felt like a family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Substitute Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Crystal Lake, IL2019, április 18.
Great opportunity for a high school student to gain skills and job experience. I would recommend the job to anyone. The facility in Crystal Lake is amazing.
Great management, fun job
Warm weather
loved it
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Louisville, KY2019, április 17.
i loved it. it taught me a lot of different things. there i learned that it is ok to be different and be yourself. i also learned that kids are very judgmental
2,0
Summer Camp
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brandon, FL2019, április 15.
It was very stressful and unorganized. I enjoy working with kids but it made it difficult with the inconsistency with group and kids being mixed up frequently. There was also not enough resources to do the activities required from us. I also was enrolled in summer classes and was always scheduled during my class times.
free lunch
Kontra érvek
non-flexible schedules and lack of resources
Fun working environment
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Winston-Salem, NC2019, április 15.
fun working atmosphere very family oriented !! would reckoned it to young college student looking for summer work or work in fitness. pays more than minimum wage
Camp Northpoint
Camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  North Greece, NY2019, április 14.
The job is really great! The director of camp is amazing and really easy to talk to. There is never a dull moment working with children. The environment is very energetic and positive.
They are fun
Camp counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint-Sauveur, QC2019, április 14.
It is a very fun and welcoming environment. Everyone is friendly and easy to talk to. It is easy to excel and reach your goals and new potential. You mean how to work in a team.
Good food
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Okay Job
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Plainville, CT2019, április 13.
It was an alright job for the time in my life. Long hours and extended days with no overtime pay should be expected. The working environment was sometimes unprofessional.
Long days
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kingston, NH2019, április 13.
What I learned is we got paid very little for long days. Days that would have us working during our breaks. The management was all over the place and things that should have been their responsibility fell on counselors. Over the last couple of years, it turned more into a business and less about the kids.
Ymca
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atmore, AL2019, április 13.
Great job! It was awesome working with the kids. It was always a joy to go to work and be able to have an impact on their lives. All and all I really enjoyed working there
Everlasting Memories
YMCA Camp Counselor, Teacher Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Canton, OH2019, április 13.
I enjoy working at the YMCA because of the social connections and relationships that are built throughout the summer and school year. A typical day at work during summer would be providing a safe and engaging environment for young campers, such as swimming, art projects, active games, and time to relax. The culture of the environment is positive and supportive when celebrating and facing difficult situations. The hardest part of the job is taking on full responsibility of young children and being aware of all needs.The most enjoyable part of the job is the everlasting memories and impact you leave on not only the children, but their families and the community overall.
Field Trips
Resources
3,0
fun, upbeat, fast-pace
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Baton Rouge, LA2019, április 12.
The job was unorganized but definitely fun. Every day was unpredictable, but I still enjoyed it. I would recommend it to people who I thought would be able to handle the job.
1,0
rreview
Summer Camp Lifeguard (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gresham, OR2019, április 11.
My experience working for the Y was different than my colleagues. I applied on time and got no signing bonus as a result while my coworkers who applied later all got a signing bonus as a part of the deal. I was generally looked down on by 2/5 of my coworkers and treated as such. while I got this treatment, I was still one of the more capable workers in my role and felt almost betrayed by the summer camp that I was working at. when talking with the camp director I was denied the signing bonus as it was not available at the time I applied even though I was the only person directly hired into my position at the start of the summer.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brighton, MA2019, április 11.
Being a camp counselor, you're always on your toes. Always watching the kids and doing things to keep them busy, happy and going. The hardest part about the job is probably deciding what you're going to have kids do because kids get uninterested faster than anyone.
Free lunches, friendly environment
Kontra érvek
Lack of training for counselors
3,0
fun summer job
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wayne, PA2019, április 11.
the job was a tin of fun and I would do it, again and again, every year if they had paid better. the job is exhausting but it is almost always fun but again the pay isn't good
fun
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Kernersville, NC2019, április 10.
if you like kids, doing summer fun activities, hot weather then this is the place for you. it can get stressful at times. dealing with so many kids, but it is so worth it. seeing the smiles on their faces.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van