Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

Munkakör megnevezése
Camp Counselor2 263 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
2 263 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 380 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was able to fit into the culture at the YMCA well. The managers were nice and very understanding. If a coworker had any problem they were able to take time out of their day to answer questions and concerns.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the YMCA has been a great experience. You learn many new things due to all the workshops you are required to attend. You can also apply for different positions and are given equal opportunities. You meet many wonderful people and become apart of the community.
opportunties to excel
demanding
Munkahelyi kultúra
When working at the Clifton Springs, YMCA I found that it wasn't as much of a job and work place, as much as a family unit. Working there has taught me a lot about working with people and being able to work with people from all different backgrounds.
Pro érvek
Very close knit group, easy to work with
Kontra érvek
Small town not much room for career growth
Munkahelyi kultúra
A lot of fun people and things to do always leaving a smile on my face. No matter what the task was throughout the day it always made it seem to find a fun and enjoyable way to finish.
Nice weather outside
Constant pool time
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day looks like starting the day with breakfast and camp song then engaging in many different activities with snack breaks and ending the day with more camp songs. You just have to know how to match and maintain the children's energy which can be hard.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working with the kids, so many different personalities, had an amazing time. I woke up every morning for 10 weeks straight happy to work! My only issue was not having enough hours
Fun job
Not enough hours
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company is unprofessional, pay is not good, boss is horrible offers you more money never gives it to you, nothing is discussed for the day it’s just expected for you to know what to do.
Pro érvek
Being a counselor, spending time with the children
Boss, unprofessional
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day starts either early because of pre-care where you take sign-ins and engage with early comers, or at 8am for general sign-ins. Schedules for the week are planned by councillors over the weekend and are different for every age group, these involve swim times, snack breaks, lunches and games. The hardest part of the job is keeping large groups together and dealing with issues between campers as well as injuries and instances. Time management is important. The most enjoyable part of the job is collaborating with the other councillors to put on fun activities and build a bond with each other and the campers.
Pro érvek
Fun and very collaborative workplace that you can come back to each summer and improve at
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was fun working with the children it gave me a reason to wake up in the morning! depending on your position the Y is a very positive enviorment and place to work!
fun time killer tbh
Kontra érvek
physically demanding if working as counselor
Munkahelyi kultúra
When I worked there I would always feel so at home and being surrounded by nice, smart, and respectful people is good for me. At the ymca you have to really use your voice and communicate or everything will get hectic.
Nice people
Kontra érvek
All the way in big bear and only in summers
Munkahelyi kultúra
To begin I would like to start off with the typical day as a YMCA camp counselor. Firstly, when it comes to working at one of the camp sites most of the work is finding and/or making games up for the kids for indoor and outdoor play, based on how their mood. Management is great and so is the work culture because there is constant communication between each other. But patience is a must when it comes to watching over and dealing with children
Pro érvek
You get to go on fields trips play and teach with kids
Kontra érvek
At times it can become difficult to keep your patients with the children
Munkahelyi kultúra
take care of kids and play games with them related to sports

Lots of fun games and play with other similar aged adults who are all looking to socialize and have fun with the kids
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA was always fun and exciting. Working their gave me certain skills and values that I use and hold to this day. I would recommend working at the YMCA to others.
Membership at the Y
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a wonderful place to work. I started by chance and fell in love quick. The community that the YMCA has created is an environment where everyone can thrive. Through the YMCA, I have learned to be hardworking, confident in my work, and dedicated to my work and the people I help and interact with daily.
Pro érvek
Meet great people, create strong relationships
hard to advance
Munkahelyi kultúra
A place where you are loved and valued for your individual gifts you bring to the family. You are exposed to a diverse community of people and needs. Everyone who works there constantly grows and learns everyday.
Forming realtionships
I cannot think of any
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a great experience. All the other Camp Counselors respected each other. I came out with new friends by the end of summer. Management is very supportive and adaptable to what your needs are. It felt good knowing that you are impacting these kids in a positive. As I recognized how the kids look up to camp counselors, I made it my mission to be a good role model.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I was a summer camp counselor, where I cared for a group of 10 kids every day of camp. My managers were very flexible and put emphasis on the care of children.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This non-paying job helped me raise my volunteer hours, I also learned valuable skills necessary for any actual paying job. This helped me learn how to communicate to adults and children and how to work with others.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA shows a lot of love to the whole family not just the children. Kids enjoy the summer camp that has a lot of diversity and counselor’s that work hard. There is also a gym and pool that adults and children can enjoy.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Do not work here, i applied to work here last summer as a camp counselor. I had to consistently ask to even get the links for my training. Once they let me work, they only scheduled me for the last two weeks of camp. Once i actually begun working i discovered that this company does not care about their employees whatsoever. this is why they hire literally anyone who will apply and why they host open interviews.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job helped me better my patience skills. The management of company was not the best though. Many activities held there were so unorganized and dis-functional. The staff was low which made things a lot more complicated. It still is a learning experience I appreciate.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés