YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

1 785 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 23 877 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Munkahelyi kultúra
Summary
Camp counselor summer (Volt alkalmazott) –  West Grove, PA2019, február 13.
A typical day was stressful but I learned how to do aspects of the job fairly quick. the hardest part of the job is making everyone happy. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with children.
working with children
workload
Fun workplace
Camp Counsellor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Hamilton, ON2019, február 13.
Great work place with easily accessible support when needed. Constantly engaged and at work. Patience is key for this job as you are looking after a group of children who each want different things.
Fun Atmosphere and Good People
Camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Denver, CO2019, február 12.
So far, I have had an amazing experience at the YMCA. I have met some incredible people and have learned so much both refereeing and being a camp counselor.
Exciting and fun workplace
Summer Camp Counselor/Camp Nurse/ BASEl Teacher (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Plum, PA2019, február 11.
The YMCA was a great job to have related to our everyday activities with the kids, being creative with them, and employee environment. Instilling our 4 core values of respect, responsibility, honesty and caring is an important aspect within our work to implement to our children so we can have them apply it to everyday life within their friends and family. Seeing the response we get from the children and the difference we make on them is very rewarding and I am grateful that I got to be apart of such an important movement within our facility. A typical everyday work day is structured with a schedule of different activities, games, homework, arts and crafts, etc. where the children get to shine in their respected area and be encouraged to get better in areas they feel they lack in. Overall the YMCA is a great place to work and be apart of.
Rewarding experience
Day Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2019, február 11.
Every day I had the opportunity to see their smiling faces and was able to be reassured that they had an enjoyable and fun day at camp. It was very rewarding.
Free membership at the YMCA
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good place to make lasting frienships with co-workers
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Potosi, MO2019, február 10.
The YMCA though it does not pay all workers well it is a place to make lasting memories with friends.I have many great memories with the people I worked with but it was poor pay.
free lunch
hardly any benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good workplace and fun job work
Camp Counselor and Sports Assistant (Volt alkalmazott) –  Somers, NY2019, február 10.
I would take attendance of the children in kindergarten through second grade. I would give out snacks for the children. I would bring the children to the playground or gym to play activities. I would talk to each parent as they would pick their child.
Pro érvek
Fun experience, good workplace, and great staff
Not enough hours
2,0
Great experince, poor management
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wichita, KS2019, február 9.
The job gave me great experince with kids. The management was very poor. The company did not have a very good graps on what was happening at the camp.
Well organised schedule
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Calgary, AB2019, február 9.
The counselors arrived 15 minutes early for their shifts and helped to set up sign-in tables, organize games and activities and taking attendance of campers. Counselors were expected to stay in counselor-camper ration, which varied depending on the age group of your camp. Counselors had to make sure that campers came prepared with appropriate clothing, footwear, snacks and lunches. Counselors adhered to a schedule organized by the coordinators and would lead campers throughout the day. Some groups went into the pool, others to the climbing wall. Counselors helped children to sign out at the end of the day and were allowed to leave at the end of their shifts. Every Tuesday their were staff meetings to go over how everybody was doing.
Free YMCA membership
Miscommunication with on-call counselors
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Fun Workplace
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Harrisburg, NC2019, február 8.
You get to spend your time with kids all day and it's a lot of fun. I absolutely love being a camp counselor and I would recommend it to almost anyone. We get to take our kids on field trips and plan fun things for them to do every week.
Field Trips
Summer camp counselor
CAMP COUNSELOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Danville, VA2019, február 7.
I was a camp counselor that helped assist children communication and environmental skills. Management and work environment was healthy. Best job i ever had.
Munkahelyi kultúra
enjoyed working with the kids
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sebring, FL2019, február 7.
the job itself wasn't the issue. the unorganized way the summer program was ran was the issue. there were quite a few complaints from parents about the organization of the program.
enjoyed the kids.
Kontra érvek
The program was unorganized.
Munkahelyi kultúra
memorable workplace where you create long lasting friendships
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  North Webster, IN2019, február 5.
Working at camp is fun, exhausting, unpredictable, and memorable. You'll meet people from around the world and gain long lasting friendships. You'll love your campers and wish the week was over at the same time. Weekends you get to hang out with your coworkers and go places. Or just go down the corner to get polar pops. The management are caring and will do their very best to help you when you have an issue whether it's personal or about a camper of yours. By the end of the summer you'll want to go home but you'll find yourself wanting to keep coming back for "just one more summer."
Pro érvek
Free room and board, don't have to pay for food, exciting
Kontra érvek
short breaks, not always good food, stay in the cabin with your campers
An experience
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Waxahachie, TX2019, február 4.
I was a summer camp counselor. Working with the children involved with the program was every emotion you could think of. The best days where when we could go outside and play games majority of the day. The difficulty lied within the management not taking action when a negative situation occurred. We where told not to talk to the parents about negative behavior. There was no real authority, due to the lack of control the camp counselors really did have.There was no real support, because the management was not helpful and always turned there back to the problems that we as counselors experienced (out of sight out of mind)
Pro érvek
getting payed to have fun, exciting
summer heat in Texas
Good Experience
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Atmore, AL2019, február 1.
I was a day camp counselor. It gave me good work experience to put on my resume, however, pay was not very good and the people were not the best to work with.
great experience
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Windsor, ON2019, február 1.
I have been at the YMCA for over a year now and I absolutely LOVE working here. I don't think I will ever leave this job. The managers/supervisors genuinely care about their staff, and it is such a family-like environment. I can trust my bosses and I feel respected by them. I am a full time student and what I love is that my work hours are super flexible when it comes to working around my school schedule. I love the children and families I work with and every shift is a new experience. You build positive and valuable relationships here and it feels like more than just a job. I had the pleasure of working summer camp this year and it was quite an experience. These children and youth can teach us so much! I love that the YMCA is super community based, and I love that we focus so much on our children and families in the community. HIGHLY RECOMMEND WORKING HERE! Come join the team! :)
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun working with the kids
Summer Day Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2019, január 31.
I love children and working as a summer camp counselor was such a great opportunity. I learned a lot about being patient and forgiving thanks to my camp kids. You have a lot of fun everyday and are able to provide mentorship to the children.
Camp counselor
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lake Wylie, SC2019, január 31.
Great experience. great management. great coworkers. Flexible and fun to work with the kids. I would recommend and I went to return working there multiple summers.
Enjoyable, relaxed atmosphere
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Saint Joseph, MI2019, január 29.
The YMCA offered a relaxed and enjoyable work atmosphere. If you enjoy working with kids, this is the perfect position.
A typical work day consists of starting the mornings, Monday through Friday, at the Y and taking the buses over to the park. The whole day is set up around "rotations" in which the camp counselors set up to pass the day with the kids. Everyone enjoyed moving around the park from archery, board games, swimming, obstacle courses, sports, and other fun activities.
Fun and engaging atmosphere
Kontra érvek
Temporary summer job, not long-term
Munkahelyi kultúra
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tulsa, OK2019, január 28.
I was a camp counselor and I really enjoyed my time there. The kids are great but it can get very stressful at times. This is not a place where you can sit down and be on your phone--this is a very busy and on your feet job.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van