YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

1 719 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 22 922 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
The best plave
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Wernersville, PA2018, november 13.
Working at this camp has been one of the best things I could have ever done. I’ve worked with so many people from all around the world that I still keep in touch with to this day. The staff are incredible and the management is amazing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
CAMP COUNSELOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Taylors, SC2018, november 9.
Not a bad environment to work in. Loved working with the children as well as peers. Management has since changed and has improved from what I hear from current employees.
Fun Time Volunteering
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Washington, DC2018, november 9.
My experience with YMCA was great. All the activities were fun and interactive. Working with the other counselors is a great experience to have. I learned how to work with groups of people.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a physical fitness atmosphere.
Summer Camp Counselor, Water Fitness Instructor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Port Arthur, TX2018, november 7.
I started as a Summer Camp Counselor working with nine year old children. It was all day, fast paced and fun. I worked as a custodian before getting certified as a Water Fitness Instructor.
Free membership.
No benefits.
boring
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Sumter, SC2018, november 7.
this job is boring if your more of an hands on person if you like moving around this isnt a job for you. the children do the same thing everyday its pretty boring
i love the kids
too much down time
Challenging and Rewarding
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Tulsa, OK2018, november 7.
My experience as a summer camp counselor over the summer was both challenging and rewarding. I was able to help campers have fun and stay safe through core programs.
Engaging Workplace
Day Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Boise, ID2018, november 6.
Focused on providing engaging and education environments for youth. Customer service and implementing safety protocols important. Highly collaborative and mission driven
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
productive, fun, and collaborative
Summer Camp Head Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Darien, CT2018, november 5.
The Darien YMCA is known for it's family atmosphere. At the YMCA Summer Camp, parents know that their children are being cared for and that they will have tons of fun. Normally we would begin our day by greeting all the parents and children in the morning. Once drop-off time was over we would have an itinerary of activities for the day that we would follow. Although there were activities listed, the YMCA loves to see what the counselors can come up with. That being said, alot of our job had to do with being creative and collaborative with one another. Throughout my past three summers working at the Darien YMCA I have learned a great deal of team work, from the activities, to talent shows, etc. Everything with the YMCA has to do with working with others and emphasizing how much progress can be made through team work. Another benefit to working here is that I was able to meet many different people. I was able to meet children of all ages, places, backgrounds, etc. I have taken care of a child from Italy, a child with special needs, and I have even helped children that did not speak english. As much as I love working at the YMCA, there were some difficulties that I have come encountered with. For example; angry parents, children misbehaving, co-worker disagreements, etc. Although that may seem stressful, I have learned something from every situation. There was one specific time that I had an angry mother, who had came up to me screaming in my face about how she believed her son was being bullied by other children in our group. In a situation like this, one has to pick their words  több... very carefully. I then had to explain to this mother that her son was the one that had initiated the taunting and name calling. Her son was then called names and taunted as well from someone who got upset with him. After all was said and done, the group and I had a long talk about bullying. My co-counselors and I explained how there is no place for bullying at camp, and no tolerance for bullying anywhere else in life. I learned that in a high stress situation you are not always able to control what is happening. But you are able to control how you react to it and how to continue on in a positive manner. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing children break out of their shells, being creative, and growing. In this job, you often meet children who start camp with not many friends or who are very shy. Towards the end of camp, these children are leading activities and setting up playdates. I have had parents come up to me thanking me and other staff for the summer their children have had. This where we start to get emotional and tell them that there was no need to thank us. Their child had this in them the entire time, they just needed the environment to blossom into the person they have always wanted to be.  kevesebb
staff parties, field trips
Kontra érvek
no breaks, no paid sick days
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun workplace with a ping pong table
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2018, november 4.
Fun place to be, discipline could be better.Always very active. The kids have competitions every Friday. You get to be really involved with the kids, playing, eating, and singing with them.
Fun job
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Lancaster, NY2018, november 3.
Working at the ymca was a new experience for me. Working the summer with children has taught me much more that I expected it would. I learned much in dealing with different children behaviors and problem solving.
Working with children
Volunteer for counselor.
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Bellingham, WA2018, október 26.
Had a lot of fun with this job. Got to meet a lot of nice people and kids, and the general staff environment was always calm and friendly. Occasionally it was erratic and stressful, but that was because of the kids probably.
Pro érvek
Great staff, fun people, healthy atmosphere.
Kontra érvek
Tiring, Devoted, certainly not for desk job people.
I love the kids!
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Vicksburg, MS2018, október 25.
Working here as a camp counselor really taught me how to have patience while still trying to work. The kids really wear you out, but it was only a summer job and I did really enjoy working here. If I could, I would definitely do it again
fun!
not a lot of hours
Interesting
Day Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Long Island, NY2018, október 25.
I had worked here as a Day Camp Counselor during the summer. It was lasted for two months. As a counselor, we provided a daily communication to our campers, and engaged with them by maintaining a safe play environment.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, lack of communication
Just Miserable
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Auburn, ME2018, október 24.
the kids were great, but the high up's treated employees horribly. When problems occurred they were never taken seriously. I was technically a camp counselor but the job was more of a daycare provider.
no pros.
not a flexible schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall fun and active workplace.
Summer Camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Ellicott City, MD2018, október 21.
As a summer camp counselor, I loved working with kids, parents, employers, and others during the hottest and most fun time of year. The workplace was overall sociable, friendly, and very accepting.
Pro érvek
Free lunches, free gym membership during work season
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, negative interactions with a few employers
Productive day at the YMCA
Latchkey Counselor/Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Far Rockaway, NY2018, október 18.
A typical day working at the Y is you play games and do craft activities with kids. Feed lunch go out to play free time with kids. I learned that you have to have patience with the children throughout the day. The workplace culture is diverse of all ethnic groups of people you learn from different cultures. The hardest part of the job was keeping up and following the guidelines of the job procedure. For the most the most enjoyable part of the job was learning new ideas from the children to the Y core. The job is a new learning expierence to take a career path to a better career.
Free Lunches
Short lunch periods
Munkahelyi kultúra
Kid friendly environment, with positive coworker relations
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Statesboro, GA2018, október 17.
I enjoyed the job itself but the individuals that I worked under were very unprofessional and inconsiderate. Sufficient hours of work were not given, and it made it a much less desirable place to be employed.
Pro érvek
I love working with children, so despite the management issues I still loved my job because I could interact with them.
Kontra érvek
Bad management, insufficient hours, minimal consideration of employees by employers.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive, fun, gave me a sense of community
SUMMER CAMP COUNSELOR (Volt alkalmazott) –  Round Rock, TX2018, október 17.
Despite the hot weather during the summer, being able to interact with the kids and have them look up to me was what kept me dreading the end of the summer. I really enjoyed the atmosphere. I felt useful helping with injuries & emotional turmoil.
free snacks, dance competitions
the hot weather
Firm Management, Fast-Paced Environment
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Salem, MA2018, október 16.
I worked as a camp counselor for one summer, but that was enough for me to see that the management was committed to safety and responsibility on the part of its employees.
Good part time
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Humble, TX2018, október 16.
This job is good for students needing extra money or part time. It’s laid back and very fun. You build bonds with children and coworkers and parents. You don’t get paid much because you don’t work many hours but it’s an easy job with wonderful experiences
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van