YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

1 976 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 25 196 értékelés megtekintése
Rendezés:: Hasznosság | Értékelés | Dátum
Great place to work for
Camp coordinator, camp counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Macomb, MI2019, június 16.
I have been working at the YMCA for 5 years and really enjoy working there. I now only work there in he summers as a summer day camp coordinator, but I love it.
2,0
Management was unorganized
Camp counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stone Mountain, GA2019, június 14.
I enjoyed my time working at the YMCA because the staff was enjoyable however the people in charge are very unorganized. There is often a lot of confusion.
Good Atmosphere, Great First Job Experience
Summer Camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Garner, NC2019, június 12.
The YMCA was my first "official" job, and it was a great place to get my bearings and distinguish myself as who I wanted to be. My favorite part of the job was being able to bring positivity into the kids' lives and seeing them grow. I would say to be weary of cliques amongst returning staff and new staff as I sometimes felt excluded by councilors who had been with the YMCA for multiple summers.
Fun environment.
YMCA Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Woodinville, WA2019, június 12.
The management took forever to process personal matters, and/or ease requirements. once we are past the hiring management, camp management was amazing.
Friendly workplace
Aquatics Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Alexandria, VA2019, június 11.
I enjoyed my time there overall. There were some complications with coworkers but that was a learning experience. I didn't get benefits but i was working part time. Not sure about other YMCAs but I did have to work overtime sometimes because of short staff or miscommunication. However, I was paid for my overtime hours.
Friendly environment
No benefits
Very fun and exciting
Day Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2019, június 11.
If you love kids this job is perfect. Though it can get really hot during the summers. Very fast paced and a lot of teamwork and collaboration with other counselors.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Depends on the location. If you're in one of the satellite camps...things are gonna be rough.
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brooklyn, NY2019, június 11.
The base camp is really strict, however, they have all the adequate supplies and activities planned out so that you can do your job properly. If you're in another location that isn't base camp, there really isn't much for the kids to do besides the weekly field trips. Everything, it's up to the counselors to figure stuff out and it gets really difficult to do activities and keep the kids occupied and productive.
Nothing Bad
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Chapel Hill, NC2019, június 10.
It was a summer gig. Nothing too fancy about it but, it was a good job to have. Definitely a good place for a summer job for any high school or college student looking for decent money and consistency.
Good experience
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Stratford, ON2019, június 9.
Worked as summer camp leader for the summer. Very fun job if you like working with kids but also very emotionally and physically draining. I was always excited to go to work and enjoyed my co workers and supervisors.
Great
Sports Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Charlotte, NC2019, június 7.
I loved working at the Y. I wish it was for a longer period of time and for a full time position, but I don't regret being there. Everything was run very well, my superiors cared and were very flexible with me.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?IgenNem 1Jelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great job for those who love children
Day Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Menomonee Falls, WI2019, június 7.
I loved working as a day camp counselor for the YMCA. I was able to lead activities and interact with a variety of age groups. This job is great for individuals who are looking to go into education, as well as enthusiastic people as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun work activities with children and other counselors but variable hours
YMCA Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Belleville, IL2019, június 6.
I underwent training for about two weeks with my co-workers before camp started, which I was fully paid for, consisting of online CPR/first aid training and public counseling from senior members of the YMCA. My day to day activities involving ensuring the safety of 30+ children with 2-3 other counselors. The specifics of the activities varied depending on if we had a guest speaker or field trip scheduled for that day. My scheduling was not consistent. I would work some days from 8AM-4PM and others from 6AM-9AM+3PM-5PM depending if I was scheduled to work checkin and checkout or the daily activities. The workplace culture was centered around being a positive role model to kids ages 6-13 and maintaining a cheerful attitude. The hardest part was keeping track of 30+ young and hyperactive children. The most enjoyable part was working with the same children everyday and forming friendships over the summer with them and my co-workers.
Pro érvek
Cheerful work environment, opportunities to develop bonds
Inconsistent scheduling
Very Demanding but Worth It
Summer Camp Counselor In Training (Volt alkalmazott) –  Brookfield, CT2019, június 4.
The Counselor In Training Program was a very demanding but well worked for position. It was fun getting a perspective of what it felt like being a camp counselor at Camp Greenknol. I just wish the fellow CITs were more mature and less about looking better than your co workers.
Very Opportunistic, Loads of Activity
Immature and Competitive Environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Overall a really fun and enjoyable seasonal position
Camp Counselor (Seasonal) (Volt alkalmazott) –  Ponca City, OK2019, június 4.
I was a camp counselor for the YMCA's summer camp, so this position was seasonal. This position had some ups and downs, but that was all dependent on the day. If you enjoy child care positions and have tons of patience then this may be the job for you.
Free Lunch
Very loud work environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
It’s a great place to bring your kids for the summer
YMCA camp Counselor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Maysville, KY2019, június 4.
Its a great job and I just love being there and helping to impact these kids life and to be a positive role model for these kids and helping understand more about life and seeing what these kids expirrence
Lunches and trips
Breaks
2,0
Temporary summer position
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Flushing, NY2019, június 3.
I felt a little unqualified to work with some of the kids, so maybe this can be addressed in the trainings that they have before summer camp begins in July.
Working at the YMCA
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Aurora, CO2019, június 2.
I would clock in from my phone and put my things on the counter. I would set up early morning activities before the kids would be dropped off from their parents. As they would come in I would participate in the activities with them. I have learned to be patient with everybody. The workplace management was always uplifting and positive, they were very strong leaders. The workplace culture would range from positive to stressful. Just by all the kids' attitudes that day. The hardest part of my job was trying to be patient with certain kids. The most enjoyable part was going on field trips and making the kids laugh.
Free field trips
no breaks
Fun and easy-going
Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Gainesville, FL2019, június 2.
This job requires a lot of energy and patience for children, but offers much fun and experience with kids that have ADHD and other behavioral influences.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to have summer job
Summer Camp Counselor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Camarillo, CA2019, május 30.
Summer camp job is great in college. Hours are flexible and management was great. Must be able to work with kids. Stressful but rewarding due to leadership positions and collaboration.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really great experience for younger people, but not viable option for making a living.
Camp Counsellor (Volt alkalmazott) –  Matthews, NC2019, május 30.
Overall, the camp experience is a wonderful one, albeit very difficult. A typical day usually runs from about 7AM to 4PM, during which counselors are expected to put on a happy face, and entertain large groups of children. This included but was not limited to strenuous physical exercise, disciplinary responsibility, and activity coordination. This job taught me how and when to be flexible, and the importance of maintaining a positive attitude throughout the challenges the day might bring. The culture was very nice. Employees are friendly and patient with newer staff, and workplace politics were practically nonexistent. The hardest part of the job was simply the physical strain, as we spent every day in the hot sun trying running around and playing with ton's of children. The most enjoyable part was probably interacting with parents and walking them through their child's progress over the course of the summer.
Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van