Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

2 240 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 695 értékelés megtekintése
Ymca
I was able to fit into the culture at the YMCA well. The managers were nice and very understanding. If a coworker had any problem they were able to take time out of their day to answer questions and concerns.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and fun workplace with many perks and benefits
Working at the Y has given me a new outlook on life and has shown me how to succeed as a person, and as a worker. I have never had a truly awful day working at the YMCA in Stevens Point, and I feel like working as a camp counselor has taught me many new skills.
Great experience
My overall experience with the Springfield YMCA has been an excellent one so far! I have great co-workers and have a great manager (aquatic director) I work under. The environment is very family friendly and is very productive for my work!
Fun and Rewarding workplace
Amazing time working with campers, however the pay lacks in comparison to other day camps in Ontario. Overall the structure of the camp I worked at was very pleasant and co-workers were respectful.
Great opportunity
Even though I had to relocate to Texas, my experience during my time working with the YMCA was amazing. From your co staff members to the parents and children you meet during the time of working throughout summer camp was life changing. It helped shape me as a person and gave me an insight to how I like to approach my opportunities and how I can go about completing my duties with the professional work morals I gained.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Great job!
Great job! Had a wonderful experience. I would definitely recommend this job to anyone that is patient and able to remain in high spirits no matter wha the circumstances are.
Camps are fun!
Loved working at camps... they’re a mess sometimes and you have to be a huge advocate. The work is easy but the activities are really poorly planned. Loved the kids I got to interact with.
Munkahelyi kultúra
the kind of job you do for the experience not the money
being a councilor is one of those jobs you remember fondly even though at the time the job was not very fun. the work was almost non stop from sunrise to set but he experience was well worth the subpar pay.
Fun experience
The ymca summer camp is and was a great experience for me last summer because I was able to connect with younger kids and began to learn what the new culture likes today.
Fun workplace
Fun atmosphere, they want you to succeed. A typical summer camp day consists of a morning crew who gets their early to set up before the campers get there, an afternoon crew that comes in as the number of campers grow and assists with lunch, and an evening crew that stays until the last camper leaves. Duties were according to shift along with counselors assigned 15-20 campers per age group. The most enjoyable part of the job was the relationships made with the staff as well as the campers, while the hardest part was probably coming to terms with the many different characters that come out at camp.
Very fun experience
Working for the YMCA is very fun, which can make it hard to focus on important things-like safety and rules. Make sure you stay focused. It also helps to have gone to camp.
Clean, organized workplace
I enjoyed getting to be around children while doing activities for summer camp and Afterschool. I learned more about maintaining control and discipline with children. The hardest part was motivating the kids to do certain activities, as well as keeping some of them under control. It was enjoyable getting to interact with the kids and watch them have fun.
Fun Summer Camp
Taught to work with a wide variety of children. Given leadership roles and opportunity to advance in their work. Happy environment that makes you excited to go to work.
Good experience
Working at this job was exciting and everyday was different, it was a good environment to work in, my manager made everything fun, all of my co workers are easy to get along with. Working with the kids at camp was a good experience, I love helping people in any way I can. The hardest part of this job was making sure all of your kids are satisfied. I had a very flexible schedule and all of my peers were easy to work with.
unorganized facility
I liked working with the children a lot because I love kids and I enjoyed being outdoors. But the job was stressful because the kids had a lot of behavioral issues and it fell on the counselors to handle it instead of the people above us. And it was not worth getting paid $9 an hour
Good if you're rich!
The position requires a great deal of work, beginning at 0700 and ending at 2100 daily, you are expected to sleep in cabin at least twice a week. Due to the daily salary, you are only paid for 8 hours of your day. Be cautious with interactions with staff and supervisors. If you make an enemy, the executive decisions are made by a small group of people, and you can quickly be terminated without valid reason. If you don't need money, and love to say yes to any work, this job is perfect for you!
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working with the colleagues and campers
working there is really fun getting to be outside all day and spend time with the children who just enjoy life. everyone else that works there is amazing and have such a great attitude making it a great place to work.
Pro érvek
Free meal, lots of fun, very relaxing.
Kontra érvek
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
Difficult job, but lots of great memories.
-days last from 8-5 normally, Monday through Friday in the summer.
-Tons of hours

-Management was a mess when I worked there it has changed, but i dont know if it got better

-Lots of difficult children, with not many options to entertain them
Pro érvek
Co-workers help you through the day
Kontra érvek
Its a difficult job you're going to need alot of patience
Positive environment, Active, and organizated
Creating/running various activities to make sure the children of summer camp are having fun, staying active, and making new friends in a diverse environment.
Productive and fun workplace
Working as a camp counselor over the past couple of summers was definitely a great idea. I had great coworkers which made the environment extremely fun and excited to go to work every day.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a great place to work
The YMCA is a fun place to work. You experience many different things there as well as people of all ages. Everyone is super nice. My overall experience was great.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés