Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Camp Counselor

2 198 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 188 értékelés megtekintése
Ymca
I was able to fit into the culture at the YMCA well. The managers were nice and very understanding. If a coworker had any problem they were able to take time out of their day to answer questions and concerns.
Productive and fun workplace
Good experience with helping students to grow. Working collaboratively with the other counselors to assist in lesson planning with activities and games.
3,0
working in the heat
I worked at the island and they underpaid me despite working almost 48 hours a week. I was in the heat and blazing sun all day with tons of children of all ages which was fun but concerning.
Summer Volunteer Work
Every summer I go to camp with YMCA. It’s one week of being in Big Bear and doing cool activities. This is volunteer work so no money involved BUT you get an amazing week that you won’t regret doing!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is a respectable company to work for
Being a Camp Counselor is rewarding in itself. YMCA provides training and plenty of support. The YMCA Benbrook has a well organized program that is enriching and fun for children.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Best experience I’ve ever had
Working at camp wewa has been the best experience of my life. Everyone gets along. Doesn’t make sense but if you’ve been to camp you’re part of the family.
Great Summer Job
The Y was a great summer job to have. The kids and the fun you have make the days fly by, it almost feels as if you’re getting paid to have fun. Amazing coworkers too.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great environment and great people great place for a job for a youth like myself during the summer or part time.
It was great, the people and the staff they were all great and most parents are mostly happy. And the kids if they see that you are happy they will do the same thing and make everyone around them happy.
Pro érvek
Free YMCA member ship
Kontra érvek
No breaks
Twas a fun experience
I had a lot of fun working at the y camp. The kids were great and they had very high energy. They were respectful. The staff was also respectful and was to work with.
Great over all experience
My experience at the YMCA was truly enriching. From spending time with the children, to building relationships with my coworkers, my time working at the Y truly was enjoyable. I felt as though I was some sort of role model for the campers, as well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great for part time while attending school
This job is a great place for students to work. The schedule works with students who are attending school, but it is not a career job. There is not any future growth at this place of employment.
Team work
My review about the YMCA is as a first job it is very fun and awesome to be around kids , overall experience was great but unfortunately I couldn’t handle school and working at that moment for personal reasons
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA Summer Camp was good summer job for a high school student.
I appreciated the opportunity to have a part-time job at the YMCA as a summer camp counselor because it gave me the ability to use my skills and interest in leadership and recreation while also earning some money for the rest of the school year when I wouldn't be working.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start working
I worked here as a teenager and greatly enjoyed my time as a counselor for young children. They were full of energy, so the job was a bit demanding in the fact that you always had to be on your toes. I highly recommend this job to people who are 15-20 years old, or to anyone who enjoys working with kids!
The Kids are Worth It
The kids are wonderful, especially once you get to know them. Of course there will be off days, but every person has off days. There is some cliquiness between coworkers that sometimes made working there hard and lonely.
Camp counselor
It’s was very fun, engaging with the children. The job required supervision of the children. The job was overwhelming. Good hours. Great staff. Awesome environment
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to spend your summer
I absolutely loved my time at Wanakita. The hours were long and the pay isn't great but the connections you make and the lessons you learn are priceless.
overall pleasant summer job
Working at the YMCA as a summer camp counselor is definitely a job for teenagers or the like. You are expected to be high energy all day for the children as they look up to you. I thoroughly enjoyed my time there. The management is more or less hands off when it comes to their presence. My branch had a bad habit of hiring more people than they needed, so the hours weren't great, but it was an overall very enjoyable summer job. Definitely not something for main income.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You have to love what you do to stay with this company.
I will say that one of the things I am thankful for from the YMCA are the relationships and bonds I have built with families and co-workers and that is one of the reasons why I continue to come to work. It is motivating to have members engage with you, remember you, and enjoy having you around. It is heart warming to know that a child in your program looks forward to being in your group during after school program or to know that you can be a positive impact on their life. It is exciting to come to work with great co-workers to talk to and work with. I'm thankful for those relationships, however, for the most part I am unhappy with working for the YMCA and I would not recommend this job to many people. The YMCA has lost it's purpose. How can we work on strengthening a community if we don't have strength as a staff? I have worked in multiple locations (Branch site and Family Center) and over the years I have seen the Y care less and less about their own staff. I typically work with the children in after school care and summer camp and it seems like as long as you are 18 you will be hired. Counselors are not being properly trained, supervisors do not check on their staff to see what actually goes on in program, and things are completely unorganized. If I did not have a love for children, this job would not be worth keeping. I've gone to my supervisors about situations that happen in program in regards to staff or children but it does not sound like my voice is heard because little to nothing has been done to resolve the situations. For example, my supervisor has been told multiple - több...
Pro érvek
Great opportunities to build relationships.
Kontra érvek
Low pay, lack of communication, and little leadership.
It was my second job
Its was a great experience work with kids and interacting with other counselors. It also helped me understand what kids like to do and don't like. Overall it was a learning experience
fun working with kids
had many fun and laughable monuments with the kids at the camp, made sure they were safe and they had lots of fun. I had a small group I worked well with everyone.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés