Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Bus Driver

48 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 749 értékelés megtekintése
Enjoyable
Summer time was the best. Enjoyed the field trips. Was able to bring my own children to enjoy the activities as well. This was a fun part time job to keep ends met while school was out.
Positive atmosphere
Positive atmosphere, warm welcoming. Lots to chose from and staff is friendly and greets you. Childcare is avsilable and included with membership which is nice.
Pro érvek
Childcare, summer programs for kids
Parking
Interesting Place to Work
I work in several departments. I work in membership department for 2 hours, diabetes prevention program for 2 hours, driving a mini-bus for 2 hours and 2 for the afterschool program. This is a typical day. The hardest part of this job is finding enough time to complete the work I feel I need to complete in order to help the site I am at it. I enjoy with working with the kids that attend the Y. I try to reach out to the children especially when I see them struggling. I will talk with them and point them to people who can give them more help than I can give. I look at myself as someone who cares about our fellow man and the amount of money I make is not the reason I work at the Y. I work there because I can.
Bus sucked
Do not use Harlow's buses again.
Pay needs to be $18.00hr

Good management and other drivers we're friendly. Nothing else to say. This keeps looping me to say more.
Great bus driving position
Really good bus driving job. Boss makes me feel like a person and not just another employee. Flexible and understanding if problems arise. Driving for the YMCA has been my best job in the past 11 years of job holdings. Really belong here.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
a nightmare
Managers continually lied to get the job done. Buses were so dilapidated and unsafe to drive. Holes in the steps, no mechanic to repair things on the buses, drivers blamed for their ill repair jobs, men working on buses that did NOT have the license to do so and the list goes on. My advice to anyone having children going to an after school program or riding the buses on summer field trips....DON'T jeopardize your child's safety by riding those buses. As a professional bus driver, I can tell you that they are ready to fall apart. There's no way they could pass any type of inspection. They should be fined and jailed for this I believe.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun and always evolving job
I worked at all the YMCA locations. Located in Longmont, Boulder and Lafayette, Colorado. I also worked at every After School site and every summer camp the YMCA operated. I enjoyed the children in the YMCA programs and interacting with their parents as well.
ymca
picking up kids at two locations for after school program. worked as a consular with the kids kindergarten thru 5th grade. with afterschool programs. it was a great atmosphere to work in. worked only 2 hours a day in the winter.summer camp tacking teens on field trips
free membership for the YMCA
buses are old no ac.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
A stressful place to work. In need of better leadership.
Well to tell the truth, I enjoyed the driving part of the job. Overall not a good place to seek work....Good leadership is one thing I no YMCA NEEDS plus better pay and buses.
Munkahelyi kultúra
fun, loving environment, especially if you love kids
Staff and members are very friendly and helpful. The day started with picking up the kids from school, then continued with making snacks and helping with homework. Played games and created fun activities for the kids. Also, maintained records of kids and budgets for the afterschool program. Planned and created different events for kids and family. Maintained appropriate and clear communication with parents or guardians of the children.
Pro érvek
creative control, management is very open-minded, fun
Kontra érvek
deal with difficult parents, no benefits
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not a bad place to work.
Not a bad place to work but you never really work full time. The most hours you will get is 37 hours. And the insurance was good but I had to pay so much in to it. I
I paid over $500 a month for it. And at this job you wear many hats. The position you apply for will not be all that you do.
Good schedule
Kontra érvek
Not enough of a salary to cover the high insurance.
Fun place to work
Picking up and dropping off student to and from their destination

Learned to be patient

Management was not great, hardly around and never did his job

Workplace culture was great

Hardest part of job was doing your own role as well as your manager role. Picking up his slacks

Enjoyable part was meeting new students and getting to know them
Meeting new people
No PTO
Bus Driver for A/S
An average work day. Clock in grab my log book, say quick hello and run my route. As long as there are know problems I move on to next route. I did this until I finished my fourth pick up at my 4th stop. I then push to make it back by 4 pm and drop my last and park bus. Do a throw check of items possibly left, I then turn in log book and clock out and go home.
Pro érvek
I got to met lots of kids.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Not many drivers take care of eqipment
Bus's are used by other drivers some drivers do not take care of equipment leave food and drinks in bus. Also leave bus's with low fuel. broken mirrors and such.
Work place
Very friendly work place. The members also are great. It's like be I g with family. I also like working with the children that I have seen grown through out the years.
Perks are grest
Nine
before and after care
What i don't care about the YMCA, is that the communications its not there with there employees.
That's what make it not so good work environment for their employees!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great, laid back work environment!
As a bus driver, I have the responsibility of driving kids and counselors to and from destinations. The training to be an efficient bus driver is effective yet laid back. The job is very low-stress since you can counselors riding on the bus with you to handle any issues.
Munkahelyi kultúra
good people and work atmoshere
productive and fun place to work at nice people great atmosphere free food and candy free work out center and swimming great hours and pay very supportive boss
weekends off and holidays
great pay hourly
Great place for kids
It was great working there part time my job wasn't hard at all . I work their for about 8 years enjoy my co-workers play with the help them with there homework .
Pro érvek
As a employees were dedicated. you felt like home.
Kontra érvek
i can"t think of any cons
Munkahelyi kultúra
Productive and Organized fun enviroment with our youth
I enjoy working at our local YMCA in the childcare department because it is a productive, organized and fun environment. I have learned a lot in these past 6 years as a counselor and bus driver. As a program manager I learned all the dynamics of teaching our youth. I experienced new accomplishments with great results and response from our students from the agendas I set forth. The hardest part of this job is knowing I would have to move on and into a different field. The most enjoyable part of this job is giving our youth the first skills they need in their lives to become successful in their own way. As a grandmother I greatly enjoy watching our youth flourish.
Working with our youth
Kontra érvek
Knowing I have to move on into a different field of work
Munkahelyi kultúra
Very fun filled place to work if you love children
They take good care of their employees and the children they serve.
Very friendly environment to work in. Never had a problem with any of the staff. Everyone is on the same page about what your job description is. The best part of the day is seeing the children enjoy themselves with all the fun activities that are available to them.
Pro érvek
You get to enjoy great activities with the children.
Kontra érvek
Not enough hours per week
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés