Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Babysitter/Nanny

Munkakör megnevezése
Babysitter/Nanny54 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
54 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 635 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I think in the family zone we need 2 to 3 staff in there depending on how many children there are if there are teenagers I think someone has to put some sort or rules up about using the T.V. and the X Boxes so that they don't get broken.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The West cook YMCA itself is falling apart and way before covid. The building has roaches and bed bugs. Working in the daycare room i would complain about the bed bugs because the thought of a baby getting bit in my care terrified me yet they never closed the building to actually and thoroughly get rid of the pest problem. And after while I was scared to complain. The daycare room also violated many basic rules that child care providers should follow; for example the shelves are not harnessed and can fall on children. The toys are very old and broken, paint chipping and such. We had no budget for supplies and i would often take crayons paper etc and I would often pay for those things. All while making only $11/HR
Pro érvek
Free lunches (but not often enough)
Culture, management
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great staff members. Can get busy, but was always fun. You only work/volunteer for a couple hours a day.
You get some benefits as well, one of them being a YMCA membership.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As I said before it was just very community based and just a warming place for all families no matter what race, ethnicity or background to come and work out , swim or do any other activity they wanted to partake in.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Minimum wages for maximum work and responsibilities. Consistently understaffed and disrespect is commonplace. Few scheduled hours and embarrassingly low wages.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Works hard at whatever the task is and is a good leader who works well from others , i like to take criticism to help me become better at whatever I’m doing.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Love working for and being a part of the YMCA. Also, love the free membership and discounted membership for my family. Management is great and is always there to answer my questions. No cons of working here.
Munkahelyi kultúra
very nice environment to work in, casual days include helping others around the building
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical day at work was greeting parents,grandparents and kids. While babysitting, the workers provided a safe, fun and clean work environment for both the staff and guests.
Pro érvek
The bonds created with the staff and guests.
Kontra érvek
Not many benefits and not great pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
i enjoyed the kids i got to interact with during the course of my time there it was probably my favorite part really.
My other fellow co workers were kind and helped me get the hang of things efficiently and quickly.

And like every other babysitting job in general you take care of the kids and help provide a safe, clean area and attend to their needs.
Pro érvek
meeting new people and engaging in play for work
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my coworkers and my job at the Y, but the management is poorly organized and does not give a lot of support to childcare. It's a very stressful job with low pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy working with the employees and members at this specific gym. I get to work with many different people, however, never had a bad experience so far.
Munkahelyi kultúra
A typical work day at the YMCA includes checking in kids, labeling kids and bags and caring for the kids. Through working here I learned that working in a day care setting is extremely fast paced. The management is okay although sometimes there were different people put in charge, telling everyone different things.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I cannot say much about it because I left in the middle of major changes. The only complaint I have is the lack of communication. For example, even though I told them I was going on school leave, the system still terminated me for not working for a certain period of time. I wish I knew more information about student leave. However, this was a new system and I am not sure if my manager knew that it was going to do that.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fire people for no reason, constantly changing the schedule, new people every week/month. Make it hard to have a life with split shifts. You always work alone at the desk so you can't leave for a break.
Pro érvek
Easy/chill job for the most part
Kontra érvek
Crazy hours, work alone so no real breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would never suggest to anybody about working at the YMCA. They have very poor management. They lack organizational skills. Everything is total choas and does not have any order to anything they do. NEVER WORK HERE!!!!
Munkahelyi kultúra
Everyone at the YMCA is friendly thorough and courteous. I love working with the children and families helping them become more a part of their communities.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I love working in the babysitting area with the children. They listen very well and it’s a very easy job. Just not even money or hours in the job. Overall a very good job, and the lewi y has a very nice boss.
Very nice boss
Kontra érvek
Not enough hours or money
Munkahelyi kultúra
This facility and the jobs (camp counselor) is better for the kids of a younger age (typically in high school). Some work days were long, and hard working with the same kids, but you definitely made new friendships and relationships with your co workers and some of the kids in your camp. The work place was overall OK, and the hardest part of the job was having the same energy each week for Camp, or just coming in period because you have seen the same kids, and you needed to give It more than 100% each day.
relationships with kids, fun, good hours, 1 hour breaks
Kontra érvek
not enough pay, staff was unorganized
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my job because of the people I was around and of the environment I was around. But It was stressful sometimes and whenever there wasn't a lot of kids or employees in the kids zone area. It felt so dull and way too quiet.
Pro érvek
A fun environment to be in with great people.
people didn't listen sometimes
Munkahelyi kultúra
watched children between 6 month and 6 years old for a minimum of 2 hours while parents worked out in the gym. I really enjoyed working with the children and getting to know them and their families