YMCA
4,0 az 5 csillagból.
Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Attendant

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
303 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 984 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Worked there in high school and college. For young kids, not a career. I guess you could work your way up but I doubt it. Fun for summer job or to make it through college
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is only good if you are in school or you have another job. The pay and hours can be extremely low. There are some nice co workers and staff. I don’t recommend staying here long term.
Low low low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working for the YMCA in child watch but I think that we should've been paid way more for the work that we do. There also isn't much room for upward mobility.
Fun atmosphere
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Every time a schedule would come out the manager would not communicate with the workers and would just put them on the schedule. And when we request time off (and you give them a 2 months notice) they do not care and still put you on the schedule even after reminding them. And they say you either have to go in and do it yourself or you are fired. Also the managers there talk about everyone behind their back to the other employees. Not to mention the manager will not respond to the emails you send so there is no communication with them what so ever. And you would only be able to get a response from them if its in person and even then you can barely find them. Plus the managers have nasty attitudes when you talk to them or ask for a day off.
Pro érvek
the bond you get with the kids
The managers
Munkahelyi kultúra
The child watch program was understaffed. The pay could also be better considering the staff to child ratio. Other than that, it’s a pretty easy job.
Coworkers
Pay
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As a college student who goes to school Full-time and has to work, this was a pretty good place to work for the time being. I had fun mainly working with the big kids as you can engage with them more through crafts or games. While working here, there were 2 times where management changed and in my POV it was not smooth how they ran things.
Pro érvek
enjoyed the kids, bit of flexibility
disorganized management, schedules
Munkahelyi kultúra
Employees are given little training and put into positions they are not qualified for. One unqualified employee is valued higher than all the rest, and the other employees are expected to cater to them, at the sake of their own jobs and reputations, and the safety of the children in their care. Mistakes and incidents (which occurred daily) were reported to management by at least two employees each time and management laughed in their faces. Parents threatened legal action, and still nothing was done. Issues were even taken to other managers in the building, always given the same response. They do not care about their employees and constantly put them in situations that they should not be expected to handle.
coworkers
Kontra érvek
management, employees not valued, promotions given randomly and to unqualified individuals, management never backs up employees
Munkahelyi kultúra
This is a great place to work if you have kids. You can bring them with you and let them stay in the child watch while you work. I only worked 3 hr shifts but it worked for me being a working mom with kids. The pay isn't great but it's nice to have the kids with you and get a membership.
Pro érvek
short shifts, friendly people, kids can come with you
pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Employees are not equipped to be working there. In the childcare, they continued to have someone that was not qualified to be around children. Several parents were fearful of leaving them in the Y’s care. Some parents threatened to take the issue to Child Protective Services but nothing was done. Management continues to keep the poor employees
Coworkers
Kontra érvek
Management, pay, horrible treatment, not clean
Munkahelyi kultúra
While interviewing they make it seem like an incredible place to work. However, they could care less about you. If it wasn’t you, it would be someone else. It’s like being in high school. If you aren’t with the “in crowd” then you are nothing. Very unprofessional. They handled COVID in the worst way possible. They used it as an opportunity to just fire anyone who wasn’t friends with management and just not tell them. Kept telling staff they would be called back and then one day just randomly received an exit interview email insinuating that I had quit. Talked to others I worked with and it happened to most of them. Shortly after, the Y hired more people for our positions. Very shady.
Discounted membership
Everything else
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in kid zone and it taught me a lot about how to work better with children! It was a little hard to get decent hours because they would hire a lot of people but if you're looking for 8-14 hours a week its okay.
Free membership
Not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved my co workers and the actual job. However directors, upper management HR and the CEO are all corrupt and let dangerous and illegal behavior happen even when it’s brought to their attention. This is very upsetting since the Y is suppose to be Christian.
Flexible
Corrupt, stressful, little pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
It's really a typical work day, once you get there you can socialize with the members and then get on your job. The management is relatively good the only complaint I would have is the managers are not great communicators , and they don't always remember everything that you tell them which is to be expected when they have a lot of things to do. The hardest part of the job is the downtime because the managers always want you to look busy by cleaning and straightening up which is really hard when you've cleaned everything twice.
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is alright. Interacting with the kids is the best part about the job and you make some nice connections. The Pay isn’t very good but it’s a decent part time job
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you’re a stay at home parent looking to make a little income, Yplay is great! The pay is decent for the time you’re there and management is top notch!
Munkahelyi kultúra
The company always seemed to prioritize the customer over the employee. I often found myself being in the right, but accepting the wrong in order to keep my job. I enjoyed my co-workers and the environment the overall job had. I enjoyed going to work and disliked leaving. I learned how to care for children and act as a role model. I knew everything I did at that job would be seen by a kid and could change their life
Pro érvek
Great if you enjoy children and sports
Kontra érvek
Customers are always the priority, not the employee
Munkahelyi kultúra
A good work day is coming in, playing with the babies, talking with the big kids and cleaning after a good day. Management is really easy to communicate with. Very open. Trusting Hardest part is having patience. Working with the bad kids does get tiresome and bugged parents
Munkahelyi kultúra
We make sure all kids feel included, we make them comfortable enough to trust us, make sure they’re being heard & we do our best to make sure they want to come back.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working with the children and families was the best part of the job. Most of the people who worked there were teenagers or mothers returning to the workforce. This job is defiantly good for a first job. The pay is ridiculous and there “raises” are a joke. You are defiantly not doing this job for the money. The culture is basically either a mother’s or teenager’s culture no in between. Management is ok. I would have liked it if someone who had worked with children before was in charge.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I loved working at the Y because I love to workout and socialize. The staff is really friendly and easy to work with. If you want to be a part of a family join the King George Family YMCA.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I appreciate the advice given to me and the chance of improvement given and when hours are needed it is given i have full confidence in my choice of working with these people while the person i amon my journey.growing into