Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Associate Teacher

15 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 636 értékelés megtekintése
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
In this job, I've met a lot of great coworkers. I even stayed as friends after I resign. Just that the job takes a lot out of you. Many long hours, and if teachers are absent or call out, they expect you to stay and work longer hours. the balance of work and personal life, takes a lot out of you, including to volunteer on some weekends.
Pro érvek
great coworkers, team work.
Kontra érvek
long hours, pay not so great, though others who have less years and less education got paid more than you.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great employee benefit free membership to gym.

Can work full or part time with company.

Learn to work with small class size 16

Or big class size 24.

Communication is important with management and workplace culture.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Any child care job has the potential to be extremely stressful, and I had my days where I felt very emotionally distressed, however because of my team of caring and compassionate coworkers and teachers, and my understanding and supportive supervisors, it was all worth it.

Working at the YMCA can be stressful because of the high pressure to make sure the students are safe at all times (especially if they aren't being safe towards themselves or others), but it is also incredibly rewarding to help them learn, play, and grow. It requires a lot of patience and emotional work. There will be times when a student will be causing trouble or in your face. There will also be times when a student will give you a drawing that they made for you themselves and melt your heart.

I learned a lot from both the trainings/classes and on-site from my fellow teachers and supervisors, including inclusivity training, curriculum planning, and how to effectively communicate with students and families. While it can certainly vary from site to site and how supportive your fellow leaders and supervisors are, this was the best job I'd ever had, and if I didn't have to relocate I would still be there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Decent teamwork ,nice people good overall problem solving on the job.maybe a little difficult in the planning area to individualize your abilities and skills with the kids needs do too staff power struggles and company scheduling.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
the mcgaw ymca children's center should be a great place to work because of the kids, but the management was and remains clueless as well as totally inept at providing the staff with the resources needed to flourish there
excellent retirement benefits
Kontra érvek
low pay, long hours, uncertain hours for part timers, incompotent management, poor communication between staff & parents
Munkahelyi kultúra
I originally enjoyed my work assignment, then with a change the environment became stressful and hard with little support. The Y as an organization is a wonderful for the Keene community.
wonderful families
stressful
Munkahelyi kultúra
Got tired of the management and how there was favoritism. Instead of abiding with licensing, they let certain employees do whatever they wanted. Staff were disrespectful amongst each other as well.
Pro érvek
Free food with the children.
Too much drama.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I have worked for the Y for two years and the pay is not worth the amount of stress that goes on. Always be on your toes if you want to do a good job.
lunch pay, Fun, Children
pay
4,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working with the kids a lot and it was never a dull day! My managers worked hard to schedule me around my school schedule and I always felt like I could have a day off if I needed it!
Free lunches
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked in the CDC as an assistant for several years. No benefits and lousy pay overall. It was my second source of income so it was cool. For those that it served as only source of income, horrible. If you're a lead teacher or in management is fairly descent. My exit came as a result of the direct being a vindictive liar and having a clueless executive director.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has some stellar staff, but typically staff use the Y as a starting point in their journey to a teaching career. The Y can give you some amazing connections and experience guiding and teaching children. This job can be very rewarding, but there are little to no opportunities for growth unless you are willing to go back to school and complete more college units. Also staff are way under paid. Staff work extremely hard and receive little to no appreciation from management. So if you choose to work for the Y, we all know you are not in it for the $$$.
Pro érvek
Flexible schedule, leadership role, stepping stone for future teachers
Kontra érvek
low pay, little opportunity to advance
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really enjoyed working with the staff and students. I was hired as a associate teacher with hopes of teaching art classes but after new management I became a float. While being an associate teacher I was in one specific classroom teaching alongside a Lead. I worked with pre-K and helped with daily duties such as preparing snack, prepping for lessons, supervising free time and creating a safe environment where the children could learn and have fun. The most enjoyable part of this job was the rewards that came with it. Helping children learn and grow has always been something I strive to do. Watching the children learn a new skill or even just making new friends was the best part of my job. The hardest part of the job was new management. I was hired in hopes of being able to teach art lessons to the children. This never happened and I was placed as a float. I did not feel as though I was being challenged enough and the duties I was preforming had nothing to do with why I had applied in the first place. Overall I really enjoyed my co-workers and the children. I left this job because it was not challenging me enough and ended up in the field I did not want to pursue.
Pro érvek
Positive work environment, wonderful benefits, enjoyable co-workers
Kontra érvek
Unorganized new management, unstable schedule
Munkahelyi kultúra
An amazing place to work if you like dealing with tons of people and having the opportunity to change lives. Lots of positive energy around you all the time.
Pro érvek
Making a positive impact in a person's life.
Kontra érvek
Not getting more than 25 hours per week.
Munkahelyi kultúra
On a typical day I would greet children and parents during sign in and have child friendly music playing. Visually check children of illnesses/unusual busing/marks. supervise children in classroom setting with a master teacher present. liked working with another knowledgeable adult in child development who didn't get so upset easily. the hardest part of the job was watching the kids graduate and move on in grade levels. The most enjoyable part was being with 16 different personalities at one time.
Pro érvek
The unconditional Love the children gave
Kontra érvek
leaving the facility to pursue my education in the medical field
Munkahelyi kultúra
This place would be better if the Directors were better educated and were able to help the teachers and the teacher aides.
További YMCA-értékelések megtekintése