Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Associate Director

19 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 197 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
A fantastic place to work!
Employment with the YMCA is truly a rewarding experience. It's like having an extended family and a second home. Actively living the mission makes the work fun and fulfilling. It's an ever changing landscape that allows us to wear many hats so there is never a dull moment. The Y empowers, inspires, and encourages everyone to be your best self and live your best life.
Pro érvek
Powerful Mission, Rewarding Experience, Personal & Professional Growth & Development, Cause Driven Leadership
1,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
I would not give a single star to support working at the ymca. It was the worst job I’ve ever had in my life and I’m traumatized from my experience t
The ymca does not care about their employees. They resent paying you and regularly ask for you to both volunteer you time and paycheck to support their programs. It’s a socialist environment where hard work is not paid off. You can never work hard enough or feel their void. Great employees never stay long because they cannot afford it.
Pro érvek
The members. Paid training, at a reduced rate. Lower than your regular pay
Kontra érvek
Pay, management, treatment, .
Productive work place
I love working here ,always a challenge and every day is different when your working with children..colleagues are friendly and knowledgeable about the subject they teach so you're always learning , even from and adult stand point .administrative staff are helpful and good at giving feedback whether positive or negative but always willing to help.
use of gym facilities
Workplace Culture
I have never worked in a more positive and supportive workplace. My team mates were always there for me, whether is was another full-time staff or someone working part-time. I had friends across all of the departments, so we truly felt as a family and there was no feeling of separation. My one concern was how much work kept getting piled on to my everyday tasking and it was all too much for just one person.
Meh
The organization is alright. Death by meeting is a common thread here. Very difficult culture to navigate. You have to ask permission to do absolutely anything.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
2,0
Positives and Negatives
There are some real positives about working for the Y (free memberships, amazing retirement and vacation time, etc) however the leadership and culture of the Y are miserable. It can have a toxic affect on your work life.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great place to start a career
Work life balance can be a challenge, but this is a great place for a young professional to start. Being given the freedom to determine your own path is a valuable experience. Tons of mentors and tenured staff around to help guide as you begin a career.
Impactful organization
Working for the Y was a great experience for me. They have excellent benefits. I was able to learn a lot about how to be a manager, budgeting, Operational plans, etc.
Made a difference
Kontra érvek
There is never enough time
Munkahelyi kultúra
Busy, but great place to work
While the YMCA does get busy, especially with a large member base, it was still a great place to work. The management staff mesh well together and really work together as a team to accomplish the organization's goals. Plus, the facility is gorgeous. Hardest part of the job was that I got too personally invested in it and would not take time off out of fear of something going wrong. But seeing the members and swimmers everyday and hearing their stories were some of my best memories there.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Amazing organization, Mission, history, with a diverse variety of career opportunities.
Great leadership development program.
Where they can grow is staff satisfaction assessment, development, and attention.

Executive leadership appears to appreciate separation through titles and status. Nepotism is a HUGE challenge, in that leaders are hiring family and friends instead of seeking the most qualified candidates. while those friends, and relatives may be great, the relationship presents opportunities to overlook shortcomings, impede accountability at the risk of hindering the relationship. most importantly, this hiring practice, boxes the organization into a non competitive, workforce that lacks innovation, unique or inspired ideas. If everyone in the org knows the same things then nothing new or exciting is going to happen. And the world outside keeps happening and the Y becomes less relevant.

stop comparing Houston to other Ys and YUSA. Our constituents are comparing you to other groups and are unable to speak to who you really are or what you do, and Houston Y seems to be content with being a leader at the Y, with leaders from and of ONLY the Y.
Pro érvek
AMAzing org, mission, volunteers, passionate & dedicated staff, leaders. Rich history
Kontra érvek
Employee satisfaction, moral very low! Staff are made to feel disposable.
YMCA Experience
The Hamilton Area YMCA provided me huge opportunities for professional growth; specifically in the areas of Sales, Marketing & Staff Development.

I was able to develop strong relationships with thousands of members and so many great staff members.

The hardest part of the job was being able to understand the organization's vision from Leadership. For many staff, this vision became very blurry and left many feeling unsecured about their positions.
Overall Experience
The YMCA is based on its service to the community. Working in a non-profit organization you give a lot of your time because it is a service-based community. This position worked very closely with the public on a daily basis, which can be challenging, but is extremely rewarding. The opportunities given to advance are there, as no one day was the same.
Fun work environment
Good family atmosphere which creates a fun working environment. Lots of opportunity to participate in the community and advance different skills. Rewarding work.
A great place to work
The YMCA is a great place to work. The Kelly Hall YMCA was responsible for working with children on the West Side of Chicago. We also worked with the Chicago Food Depository and the Catholic Church. The YMCA staff was the best part of the job. Working with people who cared about their jobs. you would be hard pressed to find that at most jobs but the YMCA staff truly care.
Working with Chicldren
non
Fun work place/Overworked
This is a fun workplace to be in but you are overworked and underpaid. This is a universal thought in the non-profit world of YMCA.
Awesome workplace
overworked and underpaid
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun place to work with laid back atmosphere
The most enjoyable part of the job is to see kids have fun. Whether it is learning a new skill or watching them advance their skills. The happiness that the kids have is the best.
Free Membership
Non-traditional work hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA was a great place to learn how to manage customer service. Co-workers were all on the same page in regard to goals. The hardest part of working for the YMCA was amount of work required for the low amount of payment.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Outstanding organization with excellent values
I greatly enjoyed working for the YMCA
Moral was always positive and job was rewarding.
Productive and rewarding position
 Oversee and direct aquatic department operations: schedule, budget, payroll, programs, training, and staffing.
 Provide leadership within the Adventure Guides and Campaign for Youth programs

 Review and approve payroll reports.

 Conduct in-service trainings and monthly facility E.A.P. drill.

 Create, implement, manage and evaluate programs and outreach projects that meet strategic YMCA goals.

 Manage social media and department flyers

 Participate and train peers within the Aquatics Program Management Team
További YMCA-értékelések megtekintése
Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés