Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Assistant Teacher

Munkakör megnevezése
Assistant Teacher236 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
236 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 418 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
The management was amazing, very understanding and flexible. They were clearly very well trained and educated. I felt like I could always approach them. Kept things professional. They employees were very nice and had a good "team' feeling to it. They worked around my university school schedule and understood how important school was to me. Employees were allowed to use the gym at the facility for free. They really showed me what it was like to work at a professionally run establishment who actually care about their employees. I was recognized for my hard work by both staff and parents (I worked in the day care) and received a raise after three months which was unexpected but great!
Pro érvek
Understanding management, flexible hours, weekends off
Kontra érvek
required uniforms, no paid time off for part-time workers
Munkahelyi kultúra
Really nice environment. Very nice co-workers. And also very nice sight supervisor. The kids are awesome and their families are great. The work hours are part time always which was great for me because I was going to school at that time.
Flexible schedule
No healthcare
Munkahelyi kultúra
Loved working for the YMCA! They pay however was not preferable and addressing my pay was uncomfortable. Overall, I enjoyed working with children and I had a great boss and co-workers.
3,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is hard for me to summarize a typical day at work because there was not much consistency while working there. Things were always changing and I never felt as though I was in the loop really. I tried explaining my distress but couldn't get across to my employer and just feel overwhelmed.
Nice coworkers
Inconsistency, communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
The Y is amazing ! Always respectful , can accommodate to your needs ! I’ve learned patients with all my kiddos and there’s nothing I would trade for that in the world !
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
As much as they propaganda about the culture, i had the most awful experience, working in child care before and after, DON'T APPLY, DON'T ACCEPT THE JOB, what ever you accept from the beginning wether part time, supply... you would stuck there forever, super slow advancement,lot's of attitude from parents and supeevisors and managers
NOTHING, absolute garbage
Low pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Since I started working there, I felt like I was just another body in the room for ratio reasons and not actually valued as a staff member. The management for childcare specifically is quite incompetent. Low pay, long hours, little to no breaks, and extreme lack of communication.
I loved being with the kids but the stress isn’t worth it.
Being with the kids
Kontra érvek
Low pay, incompetent management, long hours, little to no breaks, lack of communication
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the childcare at the YMCA and it seemed like they were only worried about their reputation within the town. I did not feel appreciated or like I mattered. As a college student, my first priority should be classes, however to my direct supervisor, my top priority should’ve been work.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I highly recommend working for the YMCA
Thoroughly enjoy going to work everyday

Great people to work with

Awesome culture

Opportunities for self improvement
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working here overall was an amazing experience. I always came into work excited to teach/learn. It is no secret that working with kiddos can be a tough challenge however, it makes it easier when you have a supportive team, which I definitely had during my time working through the YMCA. My favorite part was building relationships with the kiddos and their families, as well as teaching them new skills. The only set back is the low pay rate, as I believe teachers do A LOT of valuable work and work through various daily behaviors of children and deserve to be paid more for all their efforts.
Pro érvek
Building relationships with kiddos, teaching & learning while playing.
Kontra érvek
Short breaks, low pay rate
Munkahelyi kultúra
It was a fun job and it will be somthing I want to do again in the future because I love working with children and teaching them and helping them grow
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed working for this company because I got to work with babies and got to teach them and got to watch them grow. I enjoyed working with my co workers they were always willing to help in most situations.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I work at the before and after school program. When I first started I thought that this was a really great company. That was until one of the children in our program started having uncontrollable behavior. When I complained about his behavior I was blamed for it. The mom asked for communication but said I communicate too much. It is stressful and there is no help.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My work branch is not doing well and has made several budget cuts over the years, and the first thing they have done is target us, one of the most profitable parts if the branch with pending cuts. They have never stopped in to do their research about this.
Munkahelyi kultúra
While I loved working for the YMCA, and loved getting to know the children and their families, in my personal experience, I found myself working harder than most people there for a lesser pay grade.
Munkahelyi kultúra
What I learned from working at the YMCA is kids are super creative I always have to come up with new and more fun activities to keep them engaged be at sports or art
Munkahelyi kultúra
It is a program that helps parents before school and after school. No complaints, I like the flexible schedule. Looking forward to the new school year and meeting the new kids.
N/A
N/A
Munkahelyi kultúra
If you are looking for a part time job the YMCA is the place to work. The managers are great people and the listen to you. You are able to work out while you are not working.
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job has taught me a lot when it comes to children and how to handle certain situations. This job has taught me to be more Professional and have a positive outlook on family.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The staff was fantastic and so were the children/families. The classroom settings were small and you felt at home here. It was sad to hear the place was remodeled and head start took over the building. I miss working here!
Munkahelyi kultúra
This job is a door in the right direction if you are needing that experience in child care and don’t have any. However, it is not an easy job and will put you to the test.
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés