Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Assistant Teacher

218 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 28 197 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Nice coworkers, understanding management, good use of gym
The management was amazing, very understanding and flexible. They were clearly very well trained and educated. I felt like I could always approach them. Kept things professional. They employees were very nice and had a good "team' feeling to it. They worked around my university school schedule and understood how important school was to me. Employees were allowed to use the gym at the facility for free. They really showed me what it was like to work at a professionally run establishment who actually care about their employees. I was recognized for my hard work by both staff and parents (I worked in the day care) and received a raise after three months which was unexpected but great!
Pro érvek
Understanding management, flexible hours, weekends off
Kontra érvek
required uniforms, no paid time off for part-time workers
What I learned
What I learned from working at the YMCA is kids are super creative I always have to come up with new and more fun activities to keep them engaged be at sports or art
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good company to work for
It is a program that helps parents before school and after school. No complaints, I like the flexible schedule. Looking forward to the new school year and meeting the new kids.
N/A
N/A
Awesome place to work
If you are looking for a part time job the YMCA is the place to work. The managers are great people and the listen to you. You are able to work out while you are not working.
It’s a great job
This job has taught me a lot when it comes to children and how to handle certain situations. This job has taught me to be more Professional and have a positive outlook on family.
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Loved it here
The staff was fantastic and so were the children/families. The classroom settings were small and you felt at home here. It was sad to hear the place was remodeled and head start took over the building. I miss working here!
Work diligently
This job is a door in the right direction if you are needing that experience in child care and don’t have any. However, it is not an easy job and will put you to the test.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Fun and enjoyable environment with children
I loved my job at the Y. There never was a "typical day" working in the early learning center. I've learned so much and was able to really grow in the environment. I learned that children know way more than we give them credit for. My director was my favorite boss that I've ever encountered. The hardest part of this job was dealing with behavioral children. The most enjoyable part of this job was how I got to watch the kids grow over the years.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Good
They Ymca is a great environment to learn and grow as an individual It’s an environment where you can be yourself and not be afraid to ask questions and great opportunities for advancement
Munkahelyi kultúra
The hardest part of the job.
The hardest part of the job is learning how to hand each individual kids' needs differently. Every kid has something special about them and most of the time that is a special care need. Learning the kids and who they are is the hardest part of the job. However, once you learn the kids and they get use to you, it is much easier everyday.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great Place to work if you really try
I enjoyed working at the YMCA. They will put you in many different rooms, if you do not have a set room and if you don't mind then great. I really truly learned all I could from the YMCA because it was very homey with the people who work there. Most people have been there for years and it seems like they are there to stay.
Assistant Teacher in Early Childhood Education
Typical day would be punching in on the shift you were assigned that day based on your team, setting up for morning snack for the children, circle time and then physical activity whether it was inside or outside. After lunch following a nice nap for the children. Meanwhile setting up art activities for the next day, attendance or sleep log. After the snack in the afternoon playtime either outside or indoor play space. Finishing up in the classroom by taking out toys or reading a story and wait for families to arrive. Review with the parent about their child's day, their needs and any developments with the child's character.
I learned how to multi task and work with a team. Also communication skills to make sure room was successful, as well as all child's needs met. How to work through phase ins when children first start. Learning more about children developmental wise.

Management was horrible. So while being there, total of three bosses in 4 years time. I can strongly state that the problem with the administration team is there was a lack of professionalism, maturity and downright common sense. There were multiple situations with teachers and parents that were not handled at all in a professional way. They do not support their staff as a whole, only a few that are favored. Too much gossip.

Workplace culture, the location of the Y was good. There is a lot of culture aspects around the work site.

Hardest part of the job was not getting the support from your administration team.

The most enjoyable part was working with children.
Benefits/Gym
Policies
Working with 2-5 year olds
The working environment is fun. You get to enjoy yourself and just teach the children new things. They adore you and wish nothing but for you to like them back. Its slow but fast depending on the time of day. I enjoy this position a lot.
Very good
I love working at the YMCA I love watching the kids grow and learn and develop. I love the staff there they welcomed me so well. Management is awesome
Munkahelyi kultúra
Each day is never like the day before
Working with children is a toss up on what the day will bring. You have to roll with it, which the teachers did. It was a family.
The hugs from kiddos was one of the greatest rewards. Seeing a child's eyes light up when something works for the first time (or after trying a few times) is beyond words a reward to me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Liked helping the kids, nurturing them
Too much drama, too many getting by with not working, some would not help with the kids & be willing to work as a team. It was high stress continually.
Munkahelyi kultúra
They handle things very poorly regardless if its about teachers, parents or members.
Way too much drama for that type of work. Management never knew what was going on, which always had everyone confused. When a problem came about it was quickly swept under the rug or not dealt with at all until someone forced it to be recognized. Instead of tackling harassment of coworkers they penalize the victims. It was so nice working with such great families and kids, this was the only problem I had and I left because of that. I am there to work not to be in the middle of drama that obviously not being handled.
fun work place
Fast paced, never boring, and always something new. I enjoy working with kids and seeing them catch on to an ideas. I'm able to have flexible schedule.
Asst teacher
Working at the YMCA was wonderful it was my first full-time job the staff was wonderful the kids were good I was sorry I had to leave but an opportunity came up that I just couldn't Pass up but I loved it there
Munkahelyi kultúra
Ymca is a good place to work with great work life balance and good pay. Great place to learn and grow in child care industry. The turnover was concerning and moving around from locations was tough.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Patience is Key at this job
You would need a lot of patience working with the kids at the YMCA. Some kids will listen to you and be respectful, and others would try to back talk you and will not listen
Igényelt profil
Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?
Átfogó minősítés