YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Aquatics Specialist

8 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően Mind a(z) 27 921 értékelés megtekintése
Community
Aquatic Specialist and Lead Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Belleville, ON2018, március 19.
The communities needs are always important along with building and growing of each individual member. The YMCA is a fun and safe place to be, you are always able to be yourself.
1,0
Unproductive and Unsupportive Work Environment
YMCA Aquatics Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Hawaii2018, február 26.
Overall, the YMCA shows a striking lack of foresight when it comes to staff management and appreciation. Donors are invited to staff appreciation days, and members are treated as royalty, while staff are treated as expendable--no wonder there is such a high turnover rate. Executive Director has good friends in positions of power, and will not hear a word against them. A typical day includes managing classes, substituting for absent teachers, and placating irate parents.
hard to get fired
Kontra érvek
lack of oversight, unsupportive and unhealthy work environment
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 1NemJelentés
5,0
Productive Environment
Aquatics Specialist / Lead Instructor (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Belleville, ON2017, augusztus 22.
It is always a pleasure to work for the YMCA. Everyday is a new fun but knowledgeable adventure. The people you get to work with make you feel like family and make you feel at home.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
Munkahelyi kultúra
Supportive managers allow for new opportunities to arise
Aquatics, Coordinator/Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  San Antonio, TX2017, július 8.
When working with the YMCA, I originally applied as a lifeguard but was quickly given the opportunity to lead the team and advance myself professionally.
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 2NemJelentés
3,0
YMCA of Greater Houston
Association Aquatics Outreach Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Houston, TX2015, november 11.
AREAS OF FOCUS
YMCA Houston Initiatives
At the Y, we’ve always known that positive change only comes about when we invest in our kids, our health and our neighbors. All of our programs and community initiatives fall into one or more of the following focus areas:

YOUTH DEVELOPMENT

Values and skills learned early are vital building blocks for life. Because of the Y more young people are taking a greater interest in learning and making smarter life choices. Children and teens are realizing their potential by learning values and positive behaviors, and exploring their unique talents and interests. That makes for confident kids today and contributing and engaged adults tomorrow.

HEALTHY LIVING

Being healthy means more than simply being physically active; it’s maintaining a balanced spirit, mind and body. At the Y you can work toward that balance by challenging yourself to learn a new skill or hobby, fostering connections with friends through our lifelong learning programs, or bringing your loved ones closer together.

SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY

We know that when we work as one, we move people and communities forward. We are committed to providing support to our neighbors and opportunities for kids, adults and families to give, join in or advocate in the name of stronger communities.
working in the community
work/life balance/salaries
5,0
Great Place to Work!
Aquatic Specialist (Volt alkalmazott) –  Grand Rapids, MI2015, július 10.
Great Place to Work! Very Friendly Staff and Great Work Atmosphere. Lots of Opportunity for Growth and movement through the company
Hasznos volt ez az értékelés?Igen 3NemJelentés
3,0
Diverse and Fun Workplace Where Health and Friendships Coincide
Aquatics Specialist (Jelenlegi alkalmazott) –  Bellevue, WA2013, június 13.
As an Aquatics Specialist, I have a multitude of daily tasks--lifeguarding, teaching swim lessons, creating the staff schedule, interviewing new hires, accommodating the needs of members and staff, assisting with training staff, maintaining healthy chemistry of the pool, performing some maintenance tasks, answering phones, etc.
The best part of my job is the members. There are many of them whom I have grown to love as family. We share stories, we've developed relationships, and I genuinely care about their well-being. They make my shifts enjoyable. I also have a great group of staff that I manage. Many interesting and fun personalities. I can always depend on them to make me laugh.
My supervisor is a hilarious character, and I get along with him very well on a personal level. However, at a professional level, it is difficult to proceed with solving issues because he is often out of the office in meetings. I think it would be better if he had a coordinator or assistant to handle the meetings for him so that he could be more present to meet our (the staff's and member's) needs.
The most difficult part of my job is not having enough staff. I've often put in 40+ hour weeks, given up my weekends, worked 7 days a week, with only one or two days off in a given month. It is tiring to work so much, but I know that it is worth it to be fatigued and to sacrifice my personal time if it prevents my department from being short-staffed. In Aquatics, safety is a top priority, and to not have enough staff during a shift could be costly--life or death--if there are not enough healthy sets
  több... of eyes to ensure everyone is safe.
This job has taught me a great deal about customer service, putting others' needs first, and genuinely caring about those people's needs. I have learned how to develop my role as a leader and how to manage a staff. Working with such a diverse group of staff and members--from infants to the elderly, a plethora of ethnicities, multiple religions, and differing philosophies--has opened my mind up to different cultures and ways of handling situations and resolving conflicts. It is easier for me to accommodate others with differing needs than my own through my experience working with these wonderful individuals.
  kevesebb
Pro érvek
Flexible schedule, free membership for staff, the members and most of the staff are pleasant to be around, diverse staff and members
Kontra érvek
Little or no opportunity for full-time positions, poor management, staff feel unvalidated and unappreciated

Tekintsen meg YMCA további értékelést

Esetleg próbálja meg ezt:

Igényelt profil

Szeretnéd megtudni milyen itt dolgozni?

Kérdésem van