Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Aquatics Manager

Munkakör megnevezése
Munkavégzés helye
104 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 777 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked as a lifeguard for 6 years and eventually became a lifeguard instructor and an aquatics coordinator. Management was ok to start but became increasingly concerned with themselves and not their employees. They believed everyone working there would eventually stay on forever. They offered ok incentives if you put in the time, but the consistent criticism from management and the assumption that you know nothing makes wanting to stay difficult. I’ve seen management criticize employees in front of of others, ignore members concerns, and dismiss anything that may indicate they need to improve. Any attempt to improve management/employees relations is nothing more than a charade because they simply don’t want to acknowledge the cult like atmosphere they’ve slowly cultivated. It was once a great place to work with flexible hours and great engagement with members and excellent coworkers, but management and new corporate policies made it increasingly difficult to remain an employee.
Pro érvek
Flexible hours, good benefits for part time employees who put in the time
Kontra érvek
Management isn’t very supportive.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The pay is poor as it’s a non profit, however working there is very rewarding. You will be expected to work 45 hours at a minimum a week which can be stressful.
Pro érvek
Feel good about your work
Poor pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
Although the Y is a fun and upbeat place to work, there was little to no room for advancement in the facility I was in. Any opportunity for advancement meant relocating to another YMCA which often times was inconvenient. Training for better positions is not often given and management holds you accountable for their lack of knowledge on how to train employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
You will likely be cross trained and asked to do more than job description, which can be a positive - if you are looking to gain a multitude of experience
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoyed the YMCA. It possess great opportunities to advance within the company, excellent staff, and a positive work environment. Being able to give back to the community really gives you a sense of purpose.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I applied to the YMCA when I was 16 for my first job as a summer lifeguard. The training and interview process was easy-to-follow and quite fun. When I went to work for my first day, it was easy to make friends with my co-workers. After a couple years, I was able to progress to manager by demonstrating work ethic and responsibility.
Multiple Open Shifts
Short Breaks
Munkahelyi kultúra
My experience working at the YMCA has lead me to many job opportunities and helped me to develop new skills. I was also able to move up through four different positions at the Y.
Munkahelyi kultúra
I worked at the Y for 6 years and it wasn't until that 6th year that I felt the company was not the best place to work. The culture and my employees where great and very diverse, but the management was not and did not treat the aquatics as coworkers during that last year. The first 5 years before the management changed was great, and it was a great first job with lots of room for advancement.
Munkahelyi kultúra
they want more from you and they are not willing to pay more. Its a great place to start your resume with but beware they will work you to the bone . .
Free merchandise
hard labor
Munkahelyi kultúra
Opportunities to grow within your title. Great Management team with a lot of ideas for programming and learning opportunities. Great location in Muskoka
Munkahelyi kultúra
I truly enjoy working for the Y. The Y provides great opportunity for employment (first job/Part time/Career Path) It has been a great fixture our family’s life, both professionally and family development. Fun Culture Fun Members and co workers
Work/Live balance, Job Culture
Compensation
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at a local Ymca is a great environment but with them being a non profit pay leaves something to be desired. I’ve worked for my current y for 8 years and only got a promotion the the last couple years.
Pro érvek
Friendly staff, clean, welcoming atmosphere
Kontra érvek
Low pay and not many advancement opportunities
Munkahelyi kultúra
Wellness center setting is a great place to work. Most people are excited to be there. There are complaints every day, and some people will never be happy. Female dominated, the culture can become a bit "catty". The hardest part of the job is constantly trying to avoid conflict and keep members happy. The second hardest is keeping staff on track.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Such a transient place as deltona, one would think it would need the most help, however deland is where their baby is. While the residents of deltona, and other branches, have to deal with shut downs of programs because lack of money deland will continue to flourish.
Great benefits
Kontra érvek
Prefers to hire outside people
Munkahelyi kultúra
I like working for the YMCA because they are very flexible and family centered. There are plenty of opportunities to move up. My only hang up is the pay.
Munkahelyi kultúra
My time at the YMCA was something I will always remember. It was a great organization with so much potential for community oriented individuals. My only negative takeaway is, depending on the association, some managers will push their own agendas and your goals/views may not line up well.
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA is an okay place to work if you are not worried about pay or time off I have been with the YMCA for a while and it has really gone down hill fast do to changes in leadership in many departments
Munkahelyi kultúra
Communication and management is not the best. Raises are not really given out. Not even an annual raise. I have had opportunity to grow and get promoted but not the best work environment.
Free membership
Munkahelyi kultúra
they pay u nothing and their mean and play favorites and aren't nice. they expect to do things are not fair, they have no care to your feelings , they abuse you.
nothing
everything
Munkahelyi kultúra
Company is good to work for, however it is extremely hard to get employed full time. Good working conditions as well as fun working environment. family environment.
Fun atmophere
Not enough hours
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA has helped me focus on my potential and refine that to meet appropriate workplace standards. Without the YMCA I was not as prepared to be a leader in the workplace.