Heti hírek, új álláshirdetések és vélemények

YMCA-alkalmazotti értékelés erre a pozícióra: Activity Specialist

Munkakör megnevezése
Activity Specialist15 értékelés
Munkavégzés helye
Összes
15 értékelést találtunk a keresésnek megfelelően
Mind a(z) 29 629 értékelés megtekintése
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working for the YMCA has been an experiance that I dont think I could have anywhere else. I have grown within the company and have gained a relationship with all who I have crossed paths with. The job is simplistic but requires people who are diligent and dedicated. I would recommend this to anyone who has a passion to impact youth.
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
You do alot of work for the little amount of money you get paid. It honestly isn't worth it, especially with all the taxes they take out! This job is for young adults who just graduated high school and need a first job.
FREE GYM MEMBERSHIP
PAY, WORK
Munkahelyi kultúra
If there was more money in the budget,I most def would have stayed but the leadership from the top al the way down is very professional and understanding,And truly cares about their employees and the people that they serve on a daily
Great work environment
Not enough pay
Munkahelyi kultúra
YMCA is a great facility to work at. Lots of fun activities for the kiddos. Management is very supportive. Lots of fun field trips. a variety of activities (from sports to arts and crafts).
Pro érvek
variety of activities (from sports to arts and crafts).
parents
Korábbi munkáltató értékelése
Segíts másoknak a tapasztalataid megosztásával.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Job is alright if you need a part time job. Not a place to advance your career. Pay is very low. High turnover rate due to the low pay and the stress of working with children.
Kontra érvek
Pay, management structure, lack of advancement
2,0
Munkahelyi kultúra
The YMCA of Greater New York is a flexible job when it school, the organization itself has very poor managerial skills and poor communication skills . Managers expect you to find coverage when you call out sick no matter what the circumstance. Can get written up for small instances.
Discounts, paid sick leave
Poor communication, poor management
Munkahelyi kultúra
2pm-6pm. Not a career. This is more suitable for college students and people looking for part-time jobs. I actually learned a lot at the Y especially about the education field. The hardest part was dealing with children that have behavioral issues. Parents do not usually help. I just think that it wasn't for me.
Munkahelyi kultúra
great work place, great environment, great leaders. team work is good. training process is an excellent process for helping and teaching new employees.
Munkahelyi kultúra
Great experience working for the Y. Very friendly staff. Everyone always looking to lend and offer their help when needed. Management was always understanding of its staff's needs and willing to help with any issues. Lifelong friendships were developed from working at this organization. Learned alot about time management and student development
Relaxed Work Environment, Friendly Staff
Kontra érvek
Lack of growth in company
Munkahelyi kultúra
a typical day at work can bring you lots of joy of knowing that you have helped students achieve their personal goals of learning As an art teacher many times some students are intimidated by art by the end of the session they feel confident and secure creating a masterpiece based upon museum masters and other contemporary artists who live in their community.
Munkahelyi kultúra
super place to work ensuring students of all ages a safe place to learn and grow. Working with an urban population diversity brings forth a local and international understanding of students who attend that bring forth an earnest attempt to learn about american culture and practices
Munkahelyi kultúra
if you love working with children this is the place to be, awesome workplace and environment staff is friendly and great to be around and the kids are the best part.
great trips
noisy
Munkahelyi kultúra
As front desk staff (membership rep) it's your job to tend to members, sell memberships, and give tours.

Being that they offer many classes working here has huge learning opportunities. Ranging from how to handle and have a healthy daily life to CPR.

Management Varies depending on your position but you have an opportunity to work very closely with them all.

Depending in which YMCA you work in there are many work activities which create bonding and growth as a person. It's a pleasant place to be.

Hardest part of the job is becoming too attached to your position and what you do there. It can easily happen and you may over step your boundaries but only because you care.

The most enjoyable part is that you get to learn A LOT. They offer many courses which help you grow in many ways.
Pro érvek
Room for growth, lots of positions to pick from, lots of culture
Benefits aren't always applicable
Munkahelyi kultúra
Working at the YMCA was a lot of fun for me, especially since that is where I spent most of my childhood playing basketball. It was like working for family.

Working with the young kids was a challenge sometimes I had to create activities for 10 to 15 kids. The challenge was dealing with the a mixed age group from 8 to 12 year old, but we made it fun.

I love interacting with the members

, communicating with them was the best part. Some would ask about workouts, while others just wanted someone to talk too.

The YMCA is where I learned to establish patience in dealing with people. I love the staff there and it is still a place I go to play basketball.
Flexible Hours
Was only part time
Munkahelyi kultúra
I enjoy working working with children, they motivate me i used all my training from my previous employers
További YMCA-értékelések megtekintése